“One of the Best in Decatur!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 130 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located in the heart of the Historic Albany neighborhood, in Decatur, Alabama, Albany Bistro brings a new sophistication to classic southern fare. Our chef sources from local organic growers to bring you the best flavors of the season. Albany Bistro changes it's menu weekly to reflect the local growers' bounty. Isn't it time you escape the ordinary.
Decatur, Alabama
“One of the Best in Decatur!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Wonderful wine list. Rotating seasonal menu selections. Fresh local ingredients.

Visited May 2012

Los Angeles
“Wonderful Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The tripadvisor reviews being great, I looked at the menu and my mouth immediately started watering. I called a week ahead for a reservation and was glad I did. This is a small neighborhood restaurant in a beautiful historic building. The food was fantastic and the staff couldn't have been nicer.

My only regret was that we were passing through and only had the opportunity to eat one meal here. We had the beignets and stuffed mushrooms for starters. The beignets came with a caramel sauce which was excellent! Then we had the red velvet waffle with the cream cheese syrup. Oh my - what a treat. Like getting to eat dessert for an entree. We also had the bacon wrapped quail with spinach and grits. Just amazing. I felt like I was in a food coma when I walked out of there. Just and all around great dining experience!

Huntsville
“Thank You”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Thank you for a wonderful Fathers Day brunch. My father was so impressed and deemed this the best Fathers day in years. Our brunch was excellent, especially the Red Velvet waffles, the whole group was asking for a taste of the 2 that were ordered. A special thanks to the staff and a big salute to all of you who assisted in our large party. We will be back for many more brunch Sundays. I will try the chocolate gravy next time I visit for sure.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Decatur, Alabama
“Lovely afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We so enjoyed our brunch at the Albany Bistro. Our waiter made us feel special, the food was delicious, my husband raved about the tomatoe gravy, and the lovely guitarist finished out a lovely afternoon. We'll definitely be back.

Hartselle, Alabama
“Master Chef Quality Cuisine in Quaint Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

This small restaurant offers excellent food. The chef has mastered the ability to take some mainstay Southern dishes into a truly beautiful presentation with excellent taste. I had buttermilk fried chicken breast, natural mashed potatoes and collard greens. They were presented beautifully on the dish. It came with a wonderful brown gravy. And all three were excellent.

My wife got an eggplant dish and she enjoyed it as well. And it looked as good as it tasted. It looked like it came off of a food magazine cover.

We both had a chocolate-hazelnut cream brulee for dessert. It was a small size, but just what we needed after our large portioned main courses. It was excellent!

This place is small. We arrived early. If you plan to arrive after 6 p.m. reservations would be recommended. Because of its small size, it is a little noisy. But not enough to take away from the overall enjoyment.

We received excellent service from our waitress. We never once had to ask for more drink, etc.

Compared to other restaurants in the Decatur area, A.B. is a little pricey. The chicken dish was $20. The eggplant dish was $17. But "you get what you pay for."

• Visited May 2012