“Nice Getaway, Highly Recommend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Isle Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dauphin Island
Holiday Isle Resort
Save Saved
You added Holiday Isle Resort to your Saves list
1601 Bienville Boulevard, Dauphin Island, AL AL 36528   |
Avon, Indiana
“Nice Getaway, Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed at Holiday Isle with my husband and two sons, ages 6 and 8, during Spring Break. We rented the condo using HomeAway.com. The owner was awesome to work with and everything went extremely smooth with no issues. Our condo was very clean and modern. Loved having the washer & dryer to keep up with the laundry! The kitchen was great and had all we needed and more. There were very few choices to eat out and a lot of the places were closed so it was a must having the full kitchen. We stopped at the Wal-Mart before entering Daulphin Island to stock up on food and I highly recommend doing so. The beach was very clean and the water was clear. We arrived on the weekend and the beach area was busy. The rest of the week there were very few people on the beach. At times, we were the only ones on the beach at all. Our goal was to have a low key, calm, non-touristy vacation. This condo was the perfect choice. There isn't much to do here but relax and hang out on the beach. Which was perfect for us! The only complaint that I have is that the indoor "heated pool" was ice cold our entire stay. Not heated, at all. None of us were able to swim in it during our stay. We did use the hot tube nightly which was nice. We did speak with the front desk a few times with some questions and they provided good customer service. Overall it was a wonderful vacation and I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone looking for a low key beach vacation.

Room Tip: We stayed in Condo #103 and it was perfect. So clean, everything worked properly and great location...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

This place has it all.... Beautifully furnished condo unit, spectacular view of the gulf and the bay, indoor pool, outdoor pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, fitness center, not to mention it is steps from a huge white sandy beach. We loved this peaceful retreat!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

A few of my friends and our children took a 5 day trip to Dauphin Island. We love taking the children to the Sea Lab. We have already planned our trip for next year. I was dreaming of "old Florida" when booking this vacation. I FOUND IT! It is Dauphin Island. We were going to rent a house, but wanted a pool and they are hard to find. We love the beach, but sometimes you just want to relax by the pool :).. As a bonus, they have a indoor pool as well. Got one day of rain and believe me the indoor pool was GOLD to us! Staff was very friendly and helpful. We are denfinitely going back..

Room Tip: I love the 4th floor. I am sure they are all very nice. Building is 7 floors and I am a little sca...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed in condo #422 for 3 days after Thanksgiving. This condo has 3 bedrooms and is on the west end of the building. There are floor to ceiling windows on two walls so you have a great view inside or out! The kitchen is well-appointed and lovely with granite countertops. There is WiFi which worked great and a large flat-screen TV with lots of channel choices. The building is gated with lots of covered parking. We did park on the the 3rd level which was not covered but very convenient to the elevators. The condo was very clean and well-kept. The building is built back from the water's edge and you do have to walk over the dune area to get to the beach but you are still right on the Gulf. I am looking forward to returning!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Donalsonville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Oh my goodness, this place is fantastic! We will certanily make plans to go back as soon as possible. My family stayed in a three bedroom condo with tons of room. Very nice and clean. I love the fact that one can walk out on the balcony from the master bedroom as well as the livingroom. What a an excellent view! I couldn't believe the size of the balcony! Everyone could sit comfortably looking out at the beautiful sunsets. We saw tons of dolphins from the balcony. The children swam in the heated indoor pool. (I learned the outdoor pool will be heated starting next month) The excersice room has a remarkable view as well. I enjoyed walking along the beach each morning picking up massive shells. I saw an octopus and a live jellyfish. Great place for our family to vacation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Germantown, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We booked our condo on VRBO. Covered parking and the facility is kept up well. Indoor/outdoor pool...very clean with plenty of seating. We never had to wait on an elevator and were able to park super close to our unit. Expect a good 10-15 minute walk to the beach though (even though the condos ARE beach front). We were told the water used to be very close but after hurricane Katrina the shore line has slowly moved out. The beach is nice and not crowded. This was our first trip to the area and were surprised to see multiple oil rigs in the distance. If you can get past that, this is a great place to visit!

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

For a thousand a week this was by far the best stay I've ever had. I bought a crab trap and caught and ate fresh crab. It was an experience of a life time! I would recommend it to anyone. The only down fall was the walk to the water but worth every step.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Holiday Isle Resort? Share your experiences!