“Dinner was tasty and ample” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Islanders Restaurant and Bar

Islanders Restaurant and Bar
1504 Bienville Blvd, Dauphin Island, AL 36528 (Formerly The Oar House)
251-861-2225
Improve this listing
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Freeland, Michigan
“Dinner was tasty and ample”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great beer and food. Waitress was great and menu offered quite a wide assortment for the low period of the year....will plan to go back if in the area

Visited January 2013

“Excellent Shrimp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Had the spicy shrimp on Asian slaw appetizer tonight and it was excellent. Shrimp was spicy but not too hot. That with a cup of crab bisque made a meal.

Visited November 2013
Mansfield, Ohio, United States
“First Time was Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I had the most wonderful lunch there today. I had an oyster po-boy sandwich (fried oysters on a soft roll), and a cup of the best gumbo I think I have ever eaten. For dessert I had to try the key lime pie---that I was told was hand made by someone's mother who works there. Incredible pie!! I had gone in for drinks and to read a bit---had several tequila sunrises made perfectly with a cut lime on the glass. Nice, liberal portion of tequila in each drink. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The waitress named Grace was helpful without being overwhelming. I think I'm going to head back tonight for more of that gumbo and another piece of that pie.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Haughton, Louisiana
“nice relaxing meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

we hesitated to go here,as we walked out several years ago when it was a bar/restaurant (the oar house?) nice menu, small, but has variety and they do things well. we had grilled mahi, oyster poboy, sauteed crab claws - all were good. Enjoyed it and would go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bardstown, Kentucky
“Nice dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I ate at Islanders on a Saturday night around 7pm. They didn't appear busy but once seated it was awhile before a server came to the table. She apologized several times about the wait and thanks for being patient. There wasn't a big dinner menu selection but when I asked the server if I could order offer the lunch menu she checked with the cook and he said he would do it. I ended up ordering hot wings because it was 50 cent hot wing night. They were actually pretty tasty and hot. I thought they were better than Hooters hot wings. My husband got the mahi mahi and he liked it . My husband and I both agreed we would rather try eating there for lunch for the bigger menu selection and the view of the ocean would be better during the day. The restaurant had a large bar and dining area and the bar was filling up when we left. It looks like its a place where the locals can go but also the tourists as well. I'm willing to go back and give them another try when we are at Dauphin Island.

Visited October 2013