“Above average subs with nice extras.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 78 restaurants in Daphne
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Foley, Alabama, USA
“Above average subs with nice extras.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This may not be the best Firehouse around, but it's still tops when compared to Subway. The restaurant has a larger than average seating area and is pretty clean. The subs aren't always made with the best care but the great flavor of Firehouse still comes through; I'm a particular fan of the Italian and the seasonally-available King's Hawai`ian BBQ Pork. The cookies are pretty decent as well. They also feature what I call the "Magic Coke Masheen" that dispenses hundreds of flavor iterations of Coca-Cola soft drink products. I'm a personal fan of Orange Coke (reminds me of Germany's Mezzo Mix) and Cherry Dr. Pepper.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
Mobile, Alabama, United States
“great quick lunch restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My son took me to the one in Birmingham and it was very good. Will have to go back when we go to Birmingham.

Visited March 2013
Minneapolis, MN
“yummy,wow, yay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were staying at the Homewood suites next door and decided to check out our late night dining options at this strip mall. We wanted to try something we had never had and my 12 year old who was craving a sub pestered us into going here. How happy I am that we did. It was about 845pm so there were no other customers when we walked in but the staff greeted us and took our orders without that grumpiness fast food workers might if you are impeding their getting out right on time. The selection of subs was a refreshing change from the usual options and the four different kinds my family ordered were all delicious. The bread was great, the toppings plentiful and fresh. The restaurant was clean and my kids now have a new fascination with fire trucks because of the decor and the free fireman hats. My personal favorite was the extensive hot sauce bar made available for customers to use!

Visited July 2013
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

First time eating at Firehouse. Had the brisket sub. It was excellent. We will definately be going back.

Visited July 2013
Racine, Wisconsin
“Great Sandwich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

If you want a great tasting hot sub sandwich, stop here! You won't be disappointed. It is very clean and the staff is efficient and friendly. The ask for a .25 donation for the community lifesaver program and the store matches the donation.

• Visited March 2013