“I Love The Sushi, it is Awesome and Affordable.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse, Sushi
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Daphne, Al
“I Love The Sushi, it is Awesome and Affordable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

I only Go for the Sushi, Its great. Prices are Lower then what is at Samuri J's, or since last i went. Some Thing service is slow, BUT you have to consider the time it takes to Make sushi. If you have ever made it yourself you would understand. I Highly Recommend going and trying something different.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Daphne, AL
“Not Traditional, but Good Sushi.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

I am an avid sushi lover, and I like all types of sushi, from plain sashimi to rolls that have cream cheese.

Daruma has been my favorite sushi place in the area for a while now. I still prefer Ichiban in Pensacola, but living in Daphne it is a lot more accessible.

One awesome thing about Daruma is on Sunday they offer a selection of *Dollar Nigiri* denoted by large stars on the menu. Make sure to mark PER PIECE when you order the dollar nigiri that day.

Also a nice perk is dollar draft on sunday as well, I think yuengling, bud light, and michelob ultra are the ones available for a dollar.

There are a lot of yummy rolls, ranging from 4 dollars to 15.

My experiences have always provided fresh, tasty fish, and a large selection of rolls.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
“Can't wait to go back for more sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

I enjoyed dining at Daruma very much all three times I've been there. The atmosphere is nice and clean, the staff are all friendly and helpful, and our meal was delicious. Being a sushi lover in Mobile, AL, I've tried most sushi restaurant in the area, and Daruma is my favorite so far. The price is average to slightly expensive compare to other sushi restaurants, but they have a large selection of appetizers and unique speciality rolls. The fish they use in their sushi is fresh and tasty. Also if you dine there on Sundays you get to enjoy $1 nigiri. I was pleasantly surprised to see the popular Japanese tangy sauce that was served with Tonkatsu (Japanese fried pork dish) that my fiance enjoyed very much... did I mention I'm from Japan? Of course their food is different from authentic Japanese cuisine, yet Daruma was the most enjoyable experience among all sushi places in the area. My only minor complaint is that I wish they had better selection of beer and wine to go with their delicious food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
foley
“not waste your time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

if you dont know true japanese cuisne then have at it everything is deep fried and smothered with wat appears to be helmans mayonaise because there is no spiciness to it any any japaneese person knows the food should be delicate not taste like day old grease. Thats why they mut smother everything with mayo tho cover the test. I was in there a few years ago and couldn't believe my eyes. There sushi bar was at the bar where people were smoking. Can you say gag me!!! I would have tried teh fried ice cream but it was too afraid it woud be couvered in mayo..you would never catch me or my dining club eating ther again. it was awful!!!!!!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Robertsdale, Alabama
“Be careful of pricing....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

We went in to have lunch around 1:30 p.m. By the time it was prepared, served and eaten it was well after 3 p.m. We ordered from the lunch menu and were charged dinner prices since they didn't close the check til after 3 p.m. I did not catch the error until we had already left. I also had a coupon and they would not accept it because they had some other special running which was not as advantageous to me. Live and learn!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere