“Stained Toilet” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Daphne
Houston
“Stained Toilet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I wrote a review just after "visiting" the room earlier this summer. I wont go into details of what I found since the last review did not post. Like a reviewer before I used my points and it must make a difference since the Manager/owner really didn't care. Bathroom was dirty I'll leave it at that. There was no excuse for what we found. Manager/owner offered a new room or a refund. We chose a refund. Still waiting on the refund of my points. Even after I called the rewards line. They are not very helpful either. That's why I switched all my business & personal travel to another hotel chain & rewards. Bypass this place!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear of the building away from the interstate
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Onalaska, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Reading the earlier reviews, I was shocked. This is one of the best Comfort Suites that we've been in and we're Choice Hotel Diamond level members.The lobby was very inviting with Halloween and autumn decorations and the aquarium was fasintating with some exotic fish. Our room was clean and well maintained. I thought that it might have been recently refurbished. If you are on I-10 and need a stay in the Mobile area, stay here rather than Timmons Corner. Timmons is nice but has a slightly higher price and not as nice a neighborhood.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Martin, Tennessee, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Very nice , clean and quite hotel. Front desk was great and breakfast was very good. It is in a very good location close to many things .Over all a very good stay. The Battle Ship USS Alabama is just over the bridge. Very easy on and off I-10

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here as one of the first on our 21 day road trip.
The rooms were large and the breakfast was great.
I would highly recommend this hotel
The location was good for our trip, The staff was friendly and the breakfast lady was attentive

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very clean. When we walked in the front desk staff was very nice to my children. They gave them cookies. My kids loved the fish tank in the lobby. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good. They refilled it often. Overall it was a great place to stop on our way
To Florida.

• Stayed June 2013
Tullahoma,Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Upon entering our room we found a large roach floating in the toilet along with a white lizard. After looking around the room there were more critters on the furniture and wall. The staff was accommodating enough to give us another room which was ok. The breakfast was fair, although after eating the eggs with bacon pieces and leaving 8 hours back home my sister started texperiencing diarrhea, and then I had the same thing that night after we got home. Food poisoning was not a planned event on a weekend to visit grandchildren.

Room Tip: Check your room out carefully before unpacking.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brunswick, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The room was not cleaned well, nor stocked (toilet paper, towels) daily. The shower curtain was mildewed. Housekeeping never vacuumed during our 6 night stay. The AC emitted a foul odor, the window seals were shot so the condensation obscured the view and produced drips.
Breakfast was mediocre; one morning the eggs tasted odd and therefore, were not eaten. The pool was dirty for the whole six nights of our stay. Weeds were growing through the cracks in the concrete decking. Cigarette butts and gum lay on the decking the whole time. The worst was an employee of the hotel (maintenance) who lounged around in the lobby (with his shirt open, showing his t-shirt) and talked to guests. He took his 'breaks' in the public areas and made me very uncomfortable. Never saw anyone who might be a manager. This is the Comfort Suites located next to Jubilee Shopping Center just off of I-10.

Room Tip: Ask to look at a suite before making a decision. If that's not possible, check trip advisor and...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!