“One of the Best La Quintas” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Daphne
Vero Beach, Florida
“One of the Best La Quintas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The rooms were large and very clean. The 4th floor is "maybe" pet free. We asked for a pet free room. We met a couple on the elevator who were moving to the 4th floor because there were a couple of big dogs that were barking non-stop and a little yapper near their room on the 3rd floor. We were dog-dead tired (pun intended) after a 12 hour drive. The beds were firm and very comfortable. We had a good night's sleep! Breakfast was delicious and there were lots of choices.
If you have a choice between the Biloxi La Quinta and this one, choose Daphne/Spanish Fort. We will return again!

Room Tip: Go for the 4th floor if you have a choice! It was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We are in our mid 50s and go on lots of road trips. We usually seek out La Quinta hotels because of their pillow top beds. But let a word to the wise be sufficient: this hotel is NOT a member of the pillow-top bed society! We got a king suite and at bedtime, my husband and I eagerly plunked down on our bed, followed by groans at the hard feel of the foam mattress. Yuck! My husband wound up getting up at midnight and sleeping on the little sofa, and I woke up in the morning to sore ribs, hips, and, if it is possible, sore internal organs! OMG! Why would a hotel do this knowing the bed is the most important thing!?!? Also, we like to get up and have our coffee and a light breakfast in our pajamas in our room while we watch the morning news. My husband went down to get our coffee and food. Since there was a sign saying no food was allowed to be taken up to the rooms, he only grabbed us a cup of coffee. On his way out of the breakfast area with the coffee cups, the front desk person snapped his picture with a cell camera. He said he felt like a criminal! So if you like foam concrete beds and being made to feel like an evil doer, this is the hotel for you. As for us, we have scratched this LQ off our list. (P.S. The front desk lady told me that this hotel was going toward having the hard foam Tempur-pedic mattresses in all rooms, "some people love the hard beds!" Grrrrr)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Texas City, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We have now stayed at all the La Quinta properties in the Mobile, Alabama area and can honestly say that this was the best one. The room was clean and spacious--the breakfast was plentiful with either sausage patties, link sausage, or bacon; scrambled eggs, waffles, danish, biscuits, gravy, cereal, bagels, fresh fruit, yogurt, and toast. The lobby area was very nice (and decorated for the holidays). There was a business center (I used it to print out some coupons) and a fitness room. We did not use the pool or hot tub due to the low temperatures. The hotel is located in a very good area, close to many shopping centers and restaurants, and it had easy access to I-10. When we were checking out, I told the manager how pleased we were with our stay and that we would be back when we visit the area again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here last year and had a great experience, so decided to stay again. Once again, very clean, 100% smoke free and pet friendly! The staff is very kind and professional- Jessica was so helpful at check in, and the rooms (especially the comfy beds- memory foam) are big. We stayed in a king bed room again, with a fridge. There are lots of choices for restaurants around the main road and a shopping mall across the way, along with a Starbucks with drive thru. :-)
They have the usual breakfast items, like biscuits and gravy, eggs, cereal and waffles- area is kept very clean! This time, we didn't bring our dog along, but they are very pet friendly with areas to walk them, etc. For those of you without pets, I've never smelled a doggy smell here- as said, it is very clean and safe area.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We stopped around 1am after a long day of driving. Front desk clerk wasn't friendly but she wasn't rude. I left the kids in the car with my husband while I went up to get their beds ready when I walked into the room there was a bed bug crawling across the pillow (I wasn't sure what it was but I snapped a picture and did a quick google search which confirmed) I removed my items and returned to the lobby where I asked for a refund, which I received with no issues. When I told the clerk what I found she sort of shrugged and said "oh, sorry".

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Not much more to say. Check-in was smooth. Great beds, Therma-Rest type foam. Very comfortable. Outstanding breakfast choices. Bacon, eggs, potatoes, biscuits, and gravy. Every LaQuinta should model breakfast after this property. Lots of food choices nearby for dinner meals.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daphne
BEST WESTERN PLUS Daphne Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Daphne-Spanish Fort
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile-East Bay-Daphne
Country Inn & Suites Daphne
Hampton Inn Mobile-East Bay/Daphne
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile / Daphne, Eastern Shore

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile - Daphne? Share your experiences!