“Above and beyond...” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Louisville, KY
“Above and beyond...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at this propery in late December on my way to New Orleans. The hotel is nearing completion of a renovation project. Therefore, the lobby is a little in disarray and the breakfast area is temporary. I don't really care about any of that, but noted it. From the looks of things, the renovations will be completed very soon.

The room was normal Hampton quality - clean and comfortable. The room was large too, for what it is worth.

The big deal is the customer service. Very friendly at check-in. It hours after I checked out that they really shined. When I arrived in New Orleans, I realized I had left something at the Hampton in Cullman. I immediately called the hotel. They had already cleaned my room and did not have what I was looking for in their normal lost-found area. I had lost a piece of paper (I know, but I needed it). They took my number and said they would look again. They called back and told me they had gone through the garbage and found what I was looking for - WOW! That is above and beyond the call of duty.

I will stay here again, if ever needing a room in north Alabama. Many thanks to the staff there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
hamptonality256, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cullman, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We always welcome and appreciate our guest feedback. I am glad that we were able to find your missing note and get it returned to you. Our goal is to provide the best service possible. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

As Hampton Inns go, this was very nice. Yes, they were remodeling the lobby but good for them. The room was nice and the beds are always great. It was clean. Upon checking in the woman at the desk was very friendly. Later called the room to ask if everything was okay. I'd recommend this.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Pensacola, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We picked up a book of discount Motels at a state rest area. We found this hotel with an advertised price of $78 per night so we stopped in for the night. The young lady there was very courteous and handled our transaction very nicely.
The rooms was a king and appeared clean with all linens in place and everything worked well. The nest morning we ate breakfast in their dinning room (came with the room). The meal was filling with the eggs and sausage and biscuits being what you would expect with a nights stay at a Motel.
Our check out was pleasant and we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Stop at state rest areas and always pick up the discount booklets and use these as it will usually s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rome, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Slept good, have nice beds and that's important since I have a bad back. Flat screen TV, NICE SHOWER. Would stay here again. Recommend. Lady at front desk was very helpful in giving us printed directions to local places of interest. I will try to find out who makes their mattresses so we can buy one like it. No back pain this morning. Stay here and you will not be disappointed. !!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
hamptonality256, Manager at Hampton Inn Cullman, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you in the future. Our beds are serta mattress and you can contact a serta rep in your area or log onto hamptonhomecollection.com and place an order.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here one night for business and the hotel was being remodeled but it did not cause me any problems. It's good I see a hotel keeping up with the times. my room was clean and fresh smelling. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The Hampton Inn, in (no pun intended) Cullman, AL is an above average "off the interstate" stay. Although under construction, the staff was very kind to help my group maneuver around the lobby area, and showing us where the temporary breakfast area was. The bed and shower were nice, as I was very comfortable in my bed, and I also thought the shower was better than some other "off the interstate" hotel. For a group or solo trip, I recommend this hotel, preferably after the lobby construction.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hamptonality256, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cullman, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We appreciate your feedback and understanding during our renovations. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've stayed here on several occasions and it's a great location. At this time the property is nder renovation. There'ws no parking, the lobby is a mess, but the staff is still eally great! You may want to find another property until after the renovation haas been completed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hamptonality256, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cullman, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
We appreciate the feedback. We know that construction is an inconvenience for all, but by not doing the necessary upkeep then the hotel would not be as great as we like. We hope that you will consider staying with us once we finish our construction. Thank you!

Been to Hampton Inn Cullman? Share your experiences!