“Nice view but not worth what they charge!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Transamerica Prestige Beach Class International

You added Transamerica Prestige Beach Class International to your Saves list
Transamerica Prestige Beach Class International
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Boa Viagem, 420, Recife, State of Pernambuco 51130-000, Brazil   |
Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Recife
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Nice view but not worth what they charge!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel and was not at all impressed. They act as if they are the best hotel in town but I got terrible service from the front desk. All you really have in the gym are the treadmills as the weights are ridiculous! There are some steps to go down to the street but you can never get to them because they park cars on the only access to it!

• Stayed May 2013
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Prestige Beach Class International, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Richard,
We appreciate your comments since we are happy to receive feedback from our customers who consistently praise the quality of our services.
We would like better details of your experience in order to improve the care and quality of these services. We are available through our email redessociaisthg@transamerica.com.br.

We also hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Relationship - Transamerica Hospitality Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was physically assaulted on the beach directly outside the hotel. The muggers were not able to take my bag from me as I screamed and screamed and did my best to cause a scene. I had followed the guidelines of our hosts (was here for a convention/work) and was not alone and did not flaunt my things. This was at 11:30am in broad view of the many hotels and people in the area. I had only taken my camera (in my bag) to the beach to take photos with a colleague. Suddenly out of nowhere two young men came running behind us and attacked us.

Once it was over and the men had run off, my friend and I were dazed and shocked. The police towers on the beach were not much help, but the police on Segways at least tried to communicate with us. The most help were a group of people on a balcony who had seen the whole thing and yelled down their assistance.

When we arrived back at the Transamerica hotel, the staff were sympathetic and offered me a medical kit for me to clean myself off and apply ice and antibiotic cream to my injuries.

If Recife wants to attract more tourists and business, however, there needs to be a more organized effort between the larger businesses and hotels and the police to create a safer environment.

Our hotel wifi was intermittent and like others have written - no wash cloths in the bathrooms, no hot water in the bathroom sinks, and no air conditioning in the hallways or elevator. Very mediocre, especially considering the price (upwards of $200 USD per room)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Prestige Beach Class International, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you for reporting your experience to us. We apologize for any inconvenience. We hope to see you again soon!

Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

New beachfront hotel in Boa Viagem, Recife.
To start, the reception staff were friendly and courteous, but I just went crazy when they told me that they would block in my credit card an extra 25% of the booking price, for possible future extra expenses. I found this totally ridiculous and complaint that if I wasn't staying for only one night I would simply go away, and made them understand that was an utterly non-sense and would definitely never book a room with their chain again.
The rooms are spacious, clean and all with ocean view (ours with a balcony), though there's a new high rise being built just in front. The bathroom is less modern and with some mold spots here and there.
The breakfast was top notch - a wide range of pastries, bread, cereals, fruits, as well as omelets and tapiocas made in the minute. Apart from the full blasting AC in the room, it was perfect.
There are nice restaurants within walking distance, even though the street feels lonely at night.
A bus ride to the center of Recife takes 20 minutes and to Olinda 45 minutes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Prestige Beach Class International, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Sir,
The Transamérica Hospitality Group thanks you for your comments, which we understand as a form of trust in our ability to improve our services.
The issue of a noshow guarantee is common here in Brazil and not just in our chain. We hope this factor will not affect you staying with us again in the future.
Thank you for the compliments regarding our friendly and courteous staff and the facilities, and also the surrounding area and breakfast.
You can always count on us! We would like to have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Belo Horizonte Brasil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

It's a big Hotel, located in front of the sea.
The staff are kind, polited and attentious.
The rooms are confortable and really spacious.
They serve a great breakfast!
I was on a businnes travel, so I could not use the other amenities, beach service or other activities they shall offer.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Mr. Ricardo,
The Transamérica Hospitality Group would like to thank you for your comments and praise, which make us confident that we met all your needs and expectations during your stay.
We hope that you come back soon with more free time in order to take advantage of the other services that we offer.

Customer Relations - Transamérica Hospitality Group
Tangier, Morocco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I arrived very late coming from Panama and the welcome was very warm ! The reception desk was efficient so I could join my bedroom very quickly and it was what I required when booking: large ,breathtaking views over the sea and all the confort possible! the size of the TV was amazing and of last technology!I had my brunch in the restaurant facing the sea ,in a perfect international and friendly atmosphere! various and first quality of food , friendly service to help you in all means ! the business center was very quiet with two computers working and air conditionned ,but you have to pay ! the location of this hotel is perfect :just facing the sea ,in the middle of the best district of Recife :Boa Viagem ! I shall return again

Room Tip: The hotel i terriblyhigh !that is the reason you MUST require when booking a bedroom located on the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Prestige Beach Class International, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Mrs. Jeannick,
We really appreciate your comments and we are very happy and pleased by your compliments, especially regarding the efficiency of our employees. It's great to see that we provided a pleasant stay through the quality of our services, that you enjoyed our location, landscapes, surroundings and that you wish to return to our hotel.
Fell free to count on us and come back soon!

Relationship - Transamerica Hospitality Group
Barueri, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Transamerica Prestige does not deserve the classification of very good, but it is definitely above the category of reasonable. Good + would describe it to perfection, so something like 3,75 in scale of 5 would be perfect. It is new, well decorated, rooms are big and well equipped, free internet with good wi-fi connections, friendly staff at the reception, good king bed and the breakfast buffet is as in most Brazilian hotels simply splendid. So why do I not settle for "very good". Here it goes: no hotwater at the bathroom sink so shaving has to be with cold water, no bathtube, acceptable but not remarkable water and very basic indeed toilet items. There are the usual adds to save the planet by hanging the towels, we do and the cleaning lady has not been either trained or supervised to apply the concept and so she changed the towels anyway. The food at the restaurant is good and very expensive (a 1/2 liter jar of coconut water at R$ 20,00 and most plates at luxurious restaurant prices) and the waiters service denotes both poor supervision and poor training. They will talk and joke with eachother while guests wait. When you wave a hand and get their attention they come with smiles, nice words, but continue to perform badly (can't remember what each one at the table has asked, offered me an expresso forgetting that my main dish had not yet been served, etc). Training, methods and systems put in place by a good manager could easily solve those flaws. View from the room to Boa Viagem beach is excellent but do not consider swimning since it is prone to shark hotel. Use the hotel's swimming pool where a bar is missing.

Room Tip: Get a room with view to the sea.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Transamérica G, Gerente at Transamerica Prestige Beach Class International, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Sir,
The Transamérica Hospitality Group thanks you for sharing your experience with us.
We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations.
We work continuously on our development to receive our clients in the best possible way in order to meet their needs and expectations and your opinion is certainly very important to us.
We were pleased with the compliment regarding our service and that you like our location.
We apologize for any inconvenience and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again next time you are in the city.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I am staying here now, and I am just really hating it. First, the room is mediocre for price. Windows do not block out street noise, and massive construction goes on all day. WORST of all...the hotel BLASTS Top 40 music all day long outside! I called twice about the noise and was told it goes on until 10 pm. I mean, really??

The service is hit or miss. No one came to help with bags when I arrived by taxi, but the front desk girls are SUPER AWESOME!! The restaurant was very so-so, but the staff were attentive. I myself ordered food from outside the hotel...especially after a reviewer warned against the pizza.

Only positive is the location along the beach road. And I did see some nice bars/restos behind the hotel. Just glad I only have 2 nights here!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Madam,
We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations.

Customer Relations – Transamérica Hospitality Group

Been to Transamerica Prestige Beach Class International? Share your experiences!