Especially the bellboy, the room service and the security guards at the front door are extremely friendly. I came back after 3 weeks of travelling and they greated me like a good old friend coming home. The rooms could need some renovating and cleaning (curtains are worn down, bathtub has a gradient in the wrong direction). In general it is very noisy from the other rooms and the air condition can't be regulated in the room. For me it was too cold in the room and restaurant as well. And there is one remark for people who are suffering from seasickness. The hotel is moving with the tide of the river. There are no waves this is more a side motion of the floatel. The restaurant serves nice food and you can sit on the terrace facing the river outside. If you sit inside don't forget your sweater. The location is central but you need a taxi to reach the place. If you want to be in walking distance prefer a hotel around Sudder Street.
- Also Known As:
- Floatel Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Floatel Hotel India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you for choosing Floatel, An Eco-Friendly Hotel during your stay in Kolkata. We are an environment friendly hotel and it is our endeavour to conserve the environment in every way we can. As you have chosen Floatel for your stay, you have also committed yourself to help us save the environment. Together let us ensure a greener earth to ensure a better future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Floatel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.