“Best Tibetan food till date for me.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tibetan Delight

Tibetan Delight
66, Chowringhee Road, Lane beside Lakhi Babu Gold shop, south of Suburban Hospital Road crossing, Kolkata (Calcutta) 700020, India
Improve this listing
Ranked #507 of 2,653 Restaurants in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Cuisines: Chinese, Tibetan
Mumbai, India
“Best Tibetan food till date for me.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I don't even remember how many times I've screwed the ambiance n furniture, no A/C for the rocking food available in this small room lit by red lanterns.
I first went there almost 6 years back and my first reaction was “where am I going, I might get into someone’s house.Nevertheless, I followed the directions !!!
And The result ….Best Momo,Thupka and chilly pork at the cheapest price..
Rather the best chili pork I ever had...the soup with the momo is always hot, clear and very soothing. I loved the Pork Hakka Chowmein with lots of fresh vegetables, mild spices and small slices of pork made wid the least amount of oil and a plate can be shared (aram se) by two.The crisp-skinned roasted pork with fat around the edges,with the subtle hint of a smoky flavour with chillies, onions and bell peppers just brings water to my mouth.Not to over shadow chicken items or Items for veggies..most of the items in the menu are worth having till the last morsels have vanished frm ur plates.Even the veggies enjoy their food over here.This place is good for takeaways or sit-in meals with friends. Sometimes, the tasty authentic food at such low prices makes u forget the surroundings and Tibetan Delight proved how!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kolkata
“Big surprise in Small Package”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I've lived nearly 20 years near this restaurant without knowing its exact location.
Situated in a dingy lane that may give you jitters, this tiny restaurant serves the best Thukpa I've had in India. The momos are also good - specially the pan fried ones. Good Tibetan food at surprisingly cheap prices. Totally worth the effort spent in looking for this place!

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Momo Lover’s Paradise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Xcelent quality – all Tibetan & Chinese dishes.

Best attraction is MOMO – Chicken/ Pork.
Also Thukpa is very very good.

Visited June 2013
Kolkata, India
“Pan Fried Momo and Paper Chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Its one of the best restaurants to me... Some of my favorite items are pan fried momo, paper chicken, steamed momo.. The only disadvantage is that it is difficult to find. I told many of my friends, but some of them did not find this... If possible please someone add a map of this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kolkata
“One Stop destination for authentic Tibetan Delicasies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Narrow lane beside Lakhi Babu Gold shop-outh of Suburban Hospital Road crossing, Kolkata has been a long time favorite of Mine ..lets say since my College days.We I got my first Job with Vishnu Solutions at 14B camac Street...Tibetan Delight became my favorite hangout place ...hot soup...chilli roasted pork..Mongolian Rice was a regular hit for me .
The best Tibetan Food you could get in a very low budget ...the best part is they have managed to maintain the quality over these years and thats why no matter how many times you hit china town tangra etc for tibetan food one always comes back to TIBETAN DELIGHT...great food best price great quality.

• Visited March 2013