“Business Visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge

You added Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge to your Saves list
Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Garcha, 1st lane, Kolkata (Calcutta) 700019, India   |
Ranked #25 of 191 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
faridabad
“Business Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I haven't been to Kolkata a lot but past few experiences have not been good. Surprisingly I found this hotel on the net. Its a new property and very clean. The staff is very helpful. The food is also good, though not authentic. The terrace bar is a must visit.

• Stayed November 2013
PPKB, Manager at Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest

Greetings from Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge!!!

We sincerely appreciate your time and thank you very much for the wonderful feedback.

I look forward to meeting up with you on your next visit to our hotel and we thank you for choosing us for your accommodation needs while your travel brings you to this great city.

Neetu Ahluwalia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I just returned from Kolkata, my experience at the Park Plaza was excellent. Room was fully modern with every convenience, automatic black out shades, air conditioning fully programmable and excellent, WIFI worked perfectly, the room was totally new, great shower, it couldnt have been better. Service at the K9 restaurant was excellent and I was with Indian natives who commented on how good the food was and also how reasonably priced it was, we went out to dinner 2 nights, both times 2000 rupees for 4 people, and the dinner the night before was not as good as the Park Plaza for the same price.

I can't say enough about the kindness of the staff. I had health problems and a staff member
came with me to the closest hospital, pharmacy at midnight at night. Staff couldn't have been any kinder to me. I felt like I had a "home" with people who cared at the Park Plaza.

Additionally My international flight arrived very early and there was a room waiting for me, when
I was so exhausted. I had arranged an airport pick up and this went perfectly.

The location is excellent off the main street on a quiet street but so very close to shopping etc,
a taxi to the very center was only 3 dollars.

This really is an excellent hotel, I travel constantly for work and I have only good things to say about the hotel. The staff couldn't have been kinder, the food was excellent, the location so very convenient, what a blissful night I spent on the roof bar with my feet in the pool watching the Diwali fireworks.
I can't say enough good things.

Room Tip: ask if you want a family room, this is more a business hotel and rooms are for business people.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Greetings from Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge!!!

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

1. The location of the hotel is some weird street in between residential properties.
2. Food is very costly.
3. Size of rooms is smaller compared to other Park Plaza hotels.
4. In the room I got there was one big window, and when I opened the curtains, there was a wall in front of it, barely four feet away. Room seemed claustrophobic due to this.

Room Tip: I got a room which had a very large window with glass pane, but when I opened the cutrtain, in front...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
PPKB, Manager at Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge, and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your feedback and will look forward to improve in all the sections as per your suggestions.

We will make sure that we render the best of services and can contact me directly for your future booking in Park Plaza Kolkat ballygunge.

We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of being of service to you during your recent visit to Kolkata and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again.

Durg, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Expected a lot from park group but experience the worst of services. Rooms are not well sized for double sharing. Service at k9 restaurant is the worst. Hotel management is rigid for any kind of adjustment for complimentary lunch/dinner for MAP plan also. Pool is available but after 8 AM in morning so we are unable to enjoy it also. Food is also not good. Over all bad experience with Park : (

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
PPKB, Manager at Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge, responded to this review, October 25, 2013

Travelers are raving about these Kolkata (Calcutta) hotels

guwahati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was in the hotel for almost 3 nights checking out twice during the stay. The first thing i observed as soon as i checked in was the size of the room which was not comfortable for me as it looked smaller than expected for a family of three to four people. so size does matter. BUt as we hardly stayed long in the hotel it didn't bother us more, yes the location was ideal but the street were the hotel is situated was not that eye catchy. one more thing would like to mention is that the food is good but slightly over priced as it has been rightly pointed out by other reviewer. other services were good enough like the check in process, room service, a c in the room which made all of us more comfortable as my son was already suffering from high fever and cold. Breakfast was excellent but need to add some more varieties like poha, upma etc were not served on of the days. so they need to take care of it. overall i would like to say a good experience in the midst of heavy rains and Durga pooja celebration in KOlkATTA. During pooja's traffic was not an issue but on a usual working day we need to look out for the traffic.

Room Tip: I would suggest to go for a premier room depending on the budget.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
PPKB, Manager at Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygungel!

We sincerely appreciate your time and thank you very much for your feedback.

It is indeed a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. it is our constant endeavour to create a wonderful experience of warm hospitality and impeccable service for all our valued guests. We have also noted your concern about the food & beverage pricing to be on the higher side and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure that we reach up to your expectation next time.

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for two nights during Durga puja. The hotel is located in the centre of the city but the location in terms of the street is a little weird. One would usually expect a 4 star hotel to be on the main road but this ones slightly inside and overlooks residential properties. The rooms are brilliant with all the facilities you can imagine and need, including, hair dryer, steam iron etc etc. The rooftop swimming pool is brilliant if you want to relax after a workout in the gym or just cool yourself. Although I feel that they could have atleat built a canopy on the rooftop so that during rains normal routine could be managed and things didnt have to go haywire. The worst part about the hotel was the ridiculously over priced food and beverage. A can of coke will set you back by around 270 Rs and a bottle of water by 200. The food is fine but not out of the world. Overall we were happy with out stay. Would have been happier had the beverages been priced a bit more sensibly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
PPKB, Manager at Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygungel!

We sincerely appreciate your time and thank you very much for your feedback.

Mumbai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Bang in the middle of a residential area is this star hotel . Any room you are in, the view from the window will be of residential buildings and people going about their daily business - so I kept the window shades firmly shut . The rooms of course were fairly okay for one person - if you are thinking of twin accommodation, it could be quite crowded.

As you walk to your room , you will feel as if you are an extra in a James Bond movie. While the grim looking porter hauls your luggage ahead of you , the lights in the corridor detect human movement and automatically turn on and off . A bit disconcerting of you are not used to it . Of course but I am sure the hotel means well in terms of saving energy

Like most star restaurants the breakfast is sumptuous and of course the choice infinite . Unfortunately the same doesn't extend to the a la carte menu which is predictably very expensive even for such simple items like dal and roti ! So you are warned . Otherwise an overall good experience

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
PPKB, Manager at Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Sir,

We sincerely appreciate your compliments. We are committed to consistently providing warm and efficient service to our all valued guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is our greatest reward.

Regards

Revenue Manager

Been to Park Plaza Kolkata Ballygunge? Share your experiences!