“Could be better” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peerless Inn

You added Peerless Inn to your Saves list
Peerless Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12, J. L. Nehru Road, Kolkata (Calcutta) 700013, India   |
Ranked #32 of 191 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Singapore, Singapore
“Could be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Expectation was very high from Peerless Inn and to an extent they lived upto it with few exeptions. The location, could not have been better, rooms are bigger and certainly needs change in few things namely "Carpet". It stinks with patch marks all thru.
I guess everybody looks for a wifi now a days and a sudden change in the Hotel's policy of charging visitors beyond a certain MB looks ok however applying those to existing visitors looks a bit unprofessional and top it up with the wifi does not work. Sadly there is no one to attend to, if it is beyond normal hours. I think the management should looks into this aspect given that every visitor wants to be in touch.
Food is very good at Aheli, ambience is good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
GMPIK, General Manager at Peerless Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Peerless Inn, Kolkata.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have taken a note of your comments regarding the internet access and will address and rectify the issues highlighted.

We hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Subhomoy De

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I have been in Kolkata many times. Stayed in different hotels. But Peerless Inn is good in price and location. Aheli restaurant offers quality food. Ego bar and Coffe shop offer good service. I recommended it.

Room Tip: Better stay northside room of the hotel. You can oversee Esplanade Circle.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GMPIK, General Manager at Peerless Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and posting your review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality.

We really appreciate your kind feedback on the restaurants and other services.
We hope to be of service to you again soon.

Lucknow, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

The hotel is located in the most commercial area of Kolkata, just beside Grand. Although not as grand as Grand, the hotel definitely is one of the best in Kokata. The rooms and service quality is fine. The food, especially, the breafast they serve is definitely not to be missed. Aahilia is the best out of all the restaurants inside the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GMPIK, General Manager at Peerless Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for posting your review of The Peerless Inn, Kolkata. We are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

We much appreciate your valuable feedback on our hotel facilities and services, and hope to serve you again soon.

Dehradun, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Located at heart of the city ,at Esplaned Kolkata. this hotel is good.Offers buffet breakfast, staff are very friendly. Food at their Aheli restaurant serves authentic Bengali cuisine and really excellent, particularly Ilish machher paturi anf Dhokar dalna.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMPIK, General Manager at Peerless Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable. Your encouraging comments will help us do better.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Copy of e-mail to the Customer services manager dated 25th February that still remains unanswered.

On the 22nd February, my wife and I travelled from Assam to Kolkata.

At the airport, I booked a prepaid taxi to travel to the New Kenilworth Hotel where I had a booking arranged through booking.com. I checked the pre-paid taxi form and it did show that we were due to travel to the Kenilworth Hotel and I told the taxi driver to take us there.

For some reason best known to the driver he took us to your establishment. At the reception, I presented my booking.com reservation to your staff who could obviously see the I had no reservation at your hotel but instead of telling me so, he proceeded to book me into your hotel. I must say I now feel a sense of betrayal and a lack of professional attitude by your staff.

Later on I questioned the name of the hotel and that your In-house magazine indicated this hotel to be part of the Sarovar group. I was told that indeed the hotel was now part of this group.

It was only when I checked out, a new member of staff at the reception finally told me that I was not at the Kenilworth Hotel. When I challenged why I was not told that I was at the wrong hotel, the original member of staff told me that he had found no booking for me and instead of telling me so just checked us in. I noted that the room rate charged was exactly as on my reservation confirmation with Kenilworth although on the web your charge rate is less. I was also given false
assurance that there will be no charge made by booking.com although I knew that they would be within their right to do so.

I am happy to note here that after receiving a copy of the above e-mail, The New Kenilworth Hotel and Booking.com acted above the call of their duty and wrote off the cancellation fee. A lesson that the Sarovar group should take on board and teach their staff how to treat customers.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Located at heart of the city , this hotel is good but slightly expensive. Needs maintenance.Offers buffet breakfast, staff are very friendly. Food at their Aheli restaurant serves authentic Bengali cuisine but expensive. I visited there during rainy season and they were serving special Khichuri. The veg Khichuri was for Rs.800/- served along with beguni (brinjal pakoda) and aloo bhaja (crispy potato fries).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GMPIK, General Manager at Peerless Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for posting your review of The Peerless Inn, Kolkata We are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

pune
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had been staying at this hotel on a business trip to Kolkata. The only good thing of the hotel was the location. The Bed was not comfortable. The toiletories in the bathroom were near not there at all. Also the main thing that other than the room charges, everything was very very costly be it food or anything. No extra Sealed bottled water in the room, if wanted then chargeable and charges costlier than a 5 star hotel. In total no value for money.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you, for your recent stay at The Peerless Inn, Kolkata and for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

We have noted the concerns that you have highlighted and are working towards improving the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Peerless Inn, Kolkata

Subhomoy De

Been to Peerless Inn? Share your experiences!