“superb peerless” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peerless Inn

You added Peerless Inn to your Saves list
Peerless Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12, J. L. Nehru Road, Kolkata (Calcutta) 700013, India   |
Ranked #31 of 191 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
chennai
“superb peerless”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We had lunch with my business partner. Ambience was excellent and service of top notch quality.
the staff were quite responsive and went all out to accomodate our wishes.
Crowd also not much and we enjoyed our food very much.

Room Tip: choose a seat adjacent to windows. you will enjoy the grand scenery out with water falls.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GMPIK, General Manager at Peerless Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed our services at The Peerless Inn, Kolkata.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We hope to be of service to you again in the future.

gmpik@sarovarhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

good location and hospitality. Comfortable rooms. Though furniture were quite seemingly out-class but remember that you are in Kolkata, The city of Joy, and its not a new city also. There is rich culture, old traditions and close societal bonds to see.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of The Peerless Inn, Kolkata. We are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

We look forward to serve you again soon.

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in the first week of Aug. 2013. I booked online through makemytrip.com and hence received an excellent stay. The hotel is located bang in the middle of the city, just next to The Oberoi Grand, near Esplanade area. Access to the property is a bit cumbersome, however the local cabbies will know the place. At the look of it, one would wonder if this is a 4 Star property. Its a very old property and the Management is doing their best to maintain it as well as they can. Check-In was fine, they had all the details that I wanted. But the staff are quite distracted. Despite my request for a non-smoking room, I was allotted one which I realised only after I moved in. Rooms are large and spacious. The elevators leading to the rooms are museum-worthy. Food is tasty and room service was quick. Pricing was also reasonable. But the infamous New Market of Kolkata is hardly 500m away, so if you want to be a part of the Bengali hulla-bulla, then take a walk to get some tasty street food. The Park Street, the iconic shopping and dining destination of Kolkata is only a km or so away and do drop by to see the numerous cafes and restaurants out there.
Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Insist if you want a non-smoking room since the exhausts in-room are pretty old.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at The Peerless Inn, Kolkata.
I am disheartened to note your unsatisfactory experience at allocation of the rooms by the Front Desk. Please be assured that the same has been shared with the concerned team and the department head for corrective measures and improvement.

I once again apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We look forward to your continued support and patronage to The Peerless Inn, Kolkata.

Tinsukia, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Me & my wife had checked in to this Hotel on 2nd August 2013 evening. The Booking made was by a reputed Corporate House. On the reception counter our business was handled by the Duty Manager. He was blunt and said that only breakfast was included along-with the room and everything else, we had to pay for. We said fine and were handed a welcome letter. While approaching towards the lift, I looked at the Letter wherein it was clearly mentioned that all the meals & laundry were included. I went back to the Duty Manager and showed him the content of the letter and he was non-apologetic.

We went to the room and i wanted to drink some cold water but the fridge was locked. I called the housekeeping guys for it and were told that the corporate house had asked not to provide mini bar as a part of the room, we said we know it and said whatever we take from it would be paid for ourselves and asked them to open it immediately. After waiting for about an hour the Housekeeping guy arrived, as he was trying out the keys he said that I have to pay for anything I take from the display. I got so irritated that I had to say "Get Out" to the guy.

As wifi was complementary and required some front-desk intervention, i called them to get the registration number and was said he'll get back in 5 mts. Even after waiting for more than 2 hrs that guy didn't get back to me.

I went down and met the Duty-Manager ( the same guy who checked us in) and asked him politely about how much I need to pay for the wifi to work for me. He was expression less and did a very little to help us out. I told him I need to checkout now and want to meet the next hierarchy manager. But that also didn't help much.

I called the Booking House people and asked them to arrange for a change in hotel.... but due to non availability of rooms nearby we couldn't check out and were stuck-up in this hotel for 2 Nights.

But I still feel sorry for the sweet girl who helped us check out on 4th August 2013, Morning who asked me to fill up the feedback form... I repeatedly asked her that is she serious and really wants me to fill it up... innocent she said yes.... and i wrote a good feedback...

But I doubt the management policies, as because I haven't beet sent a reply mail confirming the receipt of my feedback.

Breakfast spread and quality was good. Hilariously overpriced Menu.

I was fed up with each & every guy coming to me and saying, you need to pay for this and pay for that....

I had been to many hotels in my country & world... both through individual booking and corporate booking.... to various class of Hotels.... BUT Peerless Inn was exceptional...

I would rather sleep on the streets than checking to this Hotel or their allied group of Hotels.

THANK YOU THE "Peerless Inn" FOR MAKING THE STAY THE WORST STAY OF MY LIFE.

Room Tip: Book Oberoi Grand or Lytton which are in the same vicinity.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I am personally dismayed to know of the incidents which affected your pleasant stay at The Peerless Inn, Kolkata. We will certainly take necessary corrective measures and we will do our best to delight you, should you give us the opportunity in future.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Peerless Inn, Kolkata.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

For sure location is best part of this hotel .... you can experience road side market, local market & so many restaurants around. Lobby was good, spacious with good lighting. Reception was very polite & well trained for the job. After a busy day, within 5 min i was in my room. Service was good, restaurant in the hotel was serving great food & also very famous among the locals.
My room was on 7th floor , and view from the room was really great.
Breakfast on the first floor restaurant was really good ... would advice hotel to improve service in this area.
Like check in my check out was again very fast & cool. I will recommend this hotel to others & also would like to stay here again.

Room Tip: Please ask room on higher floors for a greater view of Kolkata.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you, for your recent stay at The Peerless Inn, Kolkata and for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

Your positive comments about location, breakfast spread and friendly staff is much appreciated. We have noted the concerns that you have highlighted regarding service delivery at the restaurant and are working towards improving the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Peerless Inn, Kolkata.

Lucknow, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Apart from location very little to cheer about this hotel. Arrogant staff, musty smell..non working wi- fi, amazingly expensive food....I would advise people travelling with family and kids to stay away. It's not value for money.

• Stayed August 2013
GMPIK, General Manager at Peerless Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013

As discussed with you, I have noted your unsatisfactory experience during your check-in and other services.

I once again apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We look forward to your continued patronage to The Peerless Inn, Kolkata.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am here at the Peerless Inn kolkata...

the reception and staff seem very kind n polite and courteous ... the room which I have 702 ..has a lovely view of it.. (photo posted) the only issue which I think is that well I am single person and requested for a double bed not twin beds..and they don't seem to have the same..plus this room has low wi fi as well as mobile network connectivity.. I can only be heard in certain areas in my room while talking to people over my cell phone..

the washroom seems nice with a old school tub and retro fixtures..running hot water...

A good choice to stay... but needs a more responsive staff.

Room Tip: Take a room above the 5th floor if You want any view.... All rooms seem nice here with good furnishi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
GMPIK, General Manager at Peerless Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Peerless Inn, Kolkata

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have taken a note of your comments regarding the internet access and will address and rectify the issues highlighted.

We hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Subhomoy De

Been to Peerless Inn? Share your experiences!