My trip to kolkata and to Taj as well was very short, being an employee of 5 start hospitality group and working as an auditor, I would like to contribute few comments, starting from FO, the moment I stepped in I got the upgrade, it was a warm welcome, specially the gesture from the FO staff was nice, got full information about the hotel. The decor in the corridors and lobby is traditional Indian. Rooms are decent, a bit small toilets but good overall, The beds were comfortable. I only negative thing what I felt was amenities, hotel would not proving the general amenities like shaving kit and tooth brush kit as compare to our hotel.
little disappointed with breakfast as well, i have not been attended by anyone, no one will come and bother to ask you about your breakfast preference, the breakfast setup is bit small.
But the overall experience was good and would like to revisit Taj Kolkata once again with my family. special the to FO lady Pooja.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj Bengal, designed by the legendary Bob Fox, stands as an elegant Kolkata landmark. It is in close proximity to the commercial centre, Government Offices and Consulates, and must-see sights like the Victoria Memorial, Royal Calcutta Race Course, Horticulture Gardens, National Library and the Zoological Gardens. Iconic host to Heads of State, dignitaries and international business head-honchos, it is geared to the needs of the global business traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Taj Bengal Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Bengal Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Taj Bengal Hotel Kolkata
- Taj Bengal Kolkata India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia