Firsly, one expects nothing short of excellent service in every Taj property and this one doesn't disappoint either. Absolutely clean and deco-laden interiors, some of them even precious pieces of art, I hear. Next, the room I got was a medium sized one, but had pleasing views of the city and a stadium in the far background. We didn't try the buffet, but the coffee we had was amazing, they also served complementary white, milk and dark chocolates each evening.
Just one disappointment for me though, the bath tub was a tad less wide, so its not suited to those with a lottle extra pounds on them..!
The staff were polite and readily granted us a late check out by 1500 hrs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj Bengal, designed by the legendary Bob Fox, stands as an elegant Kolkata landmark. It is in close proximity to the commercial centre, Government Offices and Consulates, and must-see sights like the Victoria Memorial, Royal Calcutta Race Course, Horticulture Gardens, National Library and the Zoological Gardens. Iconic host to Heads of State, dignitaries and international business head-honchos, it is geared to the needs of the global business traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Taj Bengal Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Bengal Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Taj Bengal Hotel Kolkata
- Taj Bengal Kolkata India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia