The Park is one of those hotels that you don't just pick for the central location but also for the fact that it's the epic center of night life in the city. The hotel has one of the city's most popular bars, a night club, and a restaurant/lounge bar. And all of them are excellent. Furthermore The Park is your typical/avarage five-star hotel with all facilities that come with this. As goes for most of the The Park branches around India it is very nicely innovatively designed hotel in tune with 'modern' tastes though it may not be for everybody, certainly not for those who appreciate a more traditional/classy take on the five-star concept. What surprised us a little was the quality of the rooms though; great beds, great tv, really nice bathroom... it all felt a little worn. The rooms could use a lick of paint! Chipped edges, small scratches etc. Our room was on the second floor, don't remember the number. Wifi is complimentary for an hour after which follows a heavy charge. I have often said this here on Tripadvisor: its beyond me why five star hotels can't simply include this in the room rent while simple backpackers joints offer it for free at remarkably high speed. And yes, of course, business men can claim the wifi charges back from their companies so hotels like The Park know know that this is where extra money is to be made, still it feels pathetic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park, Kolkata, offers urban luxury at the best downtown location, which allows you to access the main commercial and entertainment districts of the city. Its rooms and suites are all lavishly furnished, offering exclusive services to guests, and is a popular destination for the young business traveler and those from the fashion and entertainment fraternity. Known for its exciting after hours entertainment, it is home to 4 nightlife destinations under one roof, which creates a buzz for itself around the country. Someplace Else – the British style pub with live bands every day of the week, Tantra - a 5000 sq ft international nightclub, Roxy – the cocktail bar & lounge and Aqua – the al fresco bar and dining option ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Park Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Park Hotel Kolkata
- The Park Hotel Kolkata
- The Park Kolkata India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia