“Best hotel in Kolkata, is the most happening place on weekends, with live band and DJ.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Park Kolkata

Save Saved
You added The Park Kolkata to your Saves list
The Park Kolkata
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Park Street, Kolkata (Calcutta) 700016, India   |
Announcement
Last Minute Room Only
Ranked #127 of 190 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

It's almost 4 years when I had stayed here last time but the stay is always pleasant, I always like relaxing at poolside bar and enjoy the food.

The entrance to the smaller rooms is blocked by the work desk chair.

• Stayed November 2012
PramodeB, General Manager at The Park Kolkata, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and a comprehensive feedback.

It is indeed a pleasure to note that we were able to meet your expectations with the room and in room facilities. Also it is great to hear that "AQUA" our Alfresco Pool Bar was to your liking.

The entire team at The Park Kolkata joins me in welcoming you back.

pbhandari@theparkhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Best hotel in (park)kalkatta i think is best place.i will go after 20days.restuarant nice and bar also nice my famile also like park hotel.room tariff is avrage to lobby is certainly not plus.both were in the part of the hotel that is obbviously to look modern and sleek.

Room Tip: Room on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and valuable feedback!

Nothing gives me more pleasure than to note that you had an excellent stay with us and were really happy with the facilities and services at the hotel.

The entire team at Park Kolkata works together to ensure that each and every guest staying with us has a flawless and memorable experience. The feedback from you would work as a great boost for the whole team to strive and achieve higher standards of customer service and hospitality.

We look forward to your visit back to The Park Kolkata!

Albany, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have to agree that the decor of this hotel is not great. The lobby floor is disorienting for the jet-lagged traveler. As in most Indian hotels, safety features are not up to Western standards.

However, the breakfast coffee is exceptional, the best I have had in a hotel. I looked forward to returning to the Park just for the breakfast.

Service for requests was very prompt though the housekeeping was not perfect. The staff was always polite.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent stay and valuable feedback.

It is indeed a pleasure to note that you were happy with the Breakfast spread and service at our coffee shop "BRIDGE".

I did also note your feedback on the decor and the design and will certainly work towards improvements in the areas mentioned

The entire team at The Park Kolkata looks forward to your visit .

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

There is no second thought about its prime location in the city. However, in this century, top hotels in metros need to reach a different level. In this regard, this hotel will never be able to match. The entry is torutous and often wonder how was this planned even in a city like Calcutta! The lobby is certainly not plus point of the hotel. The carpets laid on the floor corridor failed to cover the unevenness. Older people, be careful, you may Trip. I was given a coner room with the TV on the side wall. And where was the temperature control? Mercifully, it was made ambient at late night.I did not have to watch any program but feel sorry for one who wanted to see a movie. Must have had a wry neck next morning. There was very little private space keep one's belongings. Breakfast spread was good and staff was very helpful. I am not cribbing but Kolkata
deserves better.

Room Tip: Can not really decide
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent stay and valuable feedback.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and assure you that the entire team would work upon the scope of improvement in the areas mentioned by you.

It has been our endeavor to ensure that each and every guest has a memorable stay however we do understand that we could have done a lot more to enhance your experience.

I assure you to bring about changes and we look forward to your visit back to The Park Kolkata soon.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Read many reviews of the hotel; here is my impression.

We stayed in the back part of the hotel for two legs of our trip -- once in Room 238, and the second in room 326. Both were in the part of the hotel that is obviously designed to look modern and sleek.

The room itself was of a decent size. Large bed, desk area built into the closet area (which had ample room for clothes and luggage), two comfy chairs on the window side of the room with a large table in case you get room service and a flat screen TV built onto the wall. We stayed there during a major festival, and the lobby and 1st floor were HOPPING with large crowds going to all of the clubs and bars in the hotel. Despite this, our room was quiet and the noise did not reach it.

The room does show some signs of age. The desk/closet area is chipping, and the bathtub in the 3rd floor room, although very clean and fully functional, looked like it needed some TLC around the edges.

The hallway in this area is dimmer than in a typical hotel, but not at all dangerous and I viewed it as a cool design element. This is similar to Lisbon's Design Hotel. The stairs have a light fixture that goes from the lobby all the way to the top of the hotel. Very cool fiber-optic lighting.

Room service (which we ordered 3x) was very prompt, which I did not expect given some of the reviews here. The food (we are vegetarians) was very good, and the cost (especially for two people from New York) was inexpensive, although certainly not as cheap as the kati rolls that are sold in the many stalls on the street on Park Street (special mention to the stand closest to the Park Street metro).

All of the employees were great and very responsive, especially the front desk. If you want a cab, you're better off hailing one from the street, as some taxi's that pull into the lobby give you an exorbinant set price. To calculate what you pay a taxi's on the meter, mutiply the amount on the meter by 2 and add one rupee. This is not a rip-off, but the actual price.

Gym, although small, was good. Pool and hot tub was great. Did not use steam room, but facilities looked modern and clean.

Breakfast spread was extensive. It had some fixed items and some items that were changed day to day. LOVED the sweetened pudding, a specialty in Calcutta, served in the small clay pots.

Now the reasons why this did not get 4 starts - as I mentioned before, the rooms (both) do show signs of age. The chain closet door that was present in the 2nd floor room was not in the 3rd, probably because it broke and was never replaced. This is a good thing, since the door itself was a poor design choice and annoying to open. When we checked in for our second leg at the hight of the festival, our room had no towels or coffee. They were delivered when we called housekeeping, but this never should have happened, nor should the housekeeping guy even thought that he should hang around and wait for a tip for delivering something that should have been there in the first place (no tip was given). An apology for not properly stocking the room was something that was more called for rather than waiting for a tip. Finally, the views from the even numbered design rooms leave something to be desired. The second floor room at least got some sun, but the 3rd floor room view was of the other side of the hotel. Some construction was going on to create a nice visual feature, but it was not completed.

Great hotel. Will stay here agin.

Room Tip: I could see how a front-facing hotel room above the bars and clubs in the hotel may be noisy. Thus...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay and valuable feedback.

It is indeed a pleasure to note that you had a memorable experience and that you enjoyed every bit of your stay with us.

This encouraging feedback from such an esteemed guest would go a long way in motivating the entire team at The Park Kolkata to further excel and ensure that each and every guest has an equally memorable stay.

Having said that I would also want to assure you that i did very closely go through the areas of improvements mentioned by you, and the entire team at The Park Kolkata assures you that we would certainly bring about amends to ensure that these mistakes are never repeated.

Thank you for your kind words and we sincerely hope to have you very soon back with us at The Park Kolkata.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Had lunch at the Bridge a few days ago with my wife, it was delicious! Ignore the buffet and go for something from their specials or a la carte menu - I had the best chicken curry I have tasted in over 4 weeks of traveling round India. My wife had an exquisite tandoor keralan fish dish which was delicious.
We returned the following evening after having walked out of Bar B Q on Park Street for their awful service and were so glad to be back at the Bridge. The food once again was amazing, the staff were extremely hospitable and pleasant. Next visit to Kolkata, we will definately return here.
Only downside is cost but its to be expected from a luxury hotel so no big deal.

• Stayed October 2012
PramodeB, General Manager at The Park Kolkata, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and comprehensive feedback!

Thank you very much for your kind comments on the hotel and we are most thankful for the valuable feedback. It is indeed a team effort with an unwavering goal towards guest satisfaction, which constantly motivates us to be on our toes.

It is truly rewarding to note that your experience with us was comfortable and it is our constant endeavor to serve you better.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and rest assured, we shall ensure all personal care

Kolkata
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I recently checked into this hotel to wait till my tour began. They (Overseas Adventure Travel) picked the hotel. I was leaving for Bhutan. The cough and diarrheal illness I had got worse despite the rest, The housekeeper noticed that I didn't look good. He told the reception desk and the manager came to see me. She suggested calling the house doctor who came in the early hours of the morning. He advised hospitalization and got me admitted to a good private hospital. The Manager, Mr. Dutta, accompanied me to the hospital, told me not to worry that he was my new family and would visit me daily. These were not empty words. He came even on his day off! The hospital sent fruit with a second manager and kept my room as it was without charging for the days I was not there. I never knew such kindness and professional caring. Every one here asked me how I was doing. Mothers are not found on every tree. Value the personal care here. I also saw that other guest were treated well.

The hotel is also desirable as being in the middle of the nicest part of the city. No need for cabs. There are two wings, one glitzy, one warmer and beautiful.

Room Tip: The old wing has more charm.There was no outside noise. The restaurant has a patio and the pool and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your recent stay and valuable feedback.

Nothing gives us more pleasure than knowing that you had an excellent experience with us. We do hope that you have recovered completely and are in the best of health now.

Thank you very much for the kind words about Mr Dutta and the Manager, and I shall certainly share your feedback with them.

The entire team at The Park Kolkata looks forward to your visit.

pbhandari@theparkhotels.com

Been to The Park Kolkata? Share your experiences!