“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fortune Select Loudon

You added Fortune Select Loudon to your Saves list
Fortune Select Loudon
21B,Dr.U N Brahmachari Street, Kolkata (Calcutta) 700016, India   |
Ranked #13 of 191 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Chandigarh
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Good property (recently renovated), is located at 2 minutes walk from Park Street. The food was yumm and the staff was courteous. Club room was spacious and very comfortable. Completely enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: ASk for a Pool View Room --- These are well Lit and have a great view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
loudonKolkata, General Manager at Fortune Select Loudon, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It is a delight to read such encouraging comments for the hotel and the team who are equally pleased with your feedback and join me in thanking you. Guest satisfaction is our prime concern and we are pleased to know that we could meet and exceed your expectations.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back at “Fortune Select Loudon” on your return visit to Kolkata.

Amitava Guha Thakurta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you are looking for a reasonably priced, centrally located business hotel, which is neat and clean and use a hotel just to come and go to bed, this is the perfect place to stay in Kolkata. The spread at breakfast, my only meal at the hotel, was just about right without being over luxurious. Much better than the Peerless Inn that I have stayed at earlier in the vicinity.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
loudonKolkata, General Manager at Fortune Select Loudon, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at “Fortune Select Loudon” Kolkata and would like to thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.
Our hotel location and proximity to the business houses and offices make it ideal choice for corporate travelers. Our endeavor is to offer excellent accommodation, food and prompt service to all our guests and is a true value for money. My team and I feel privileged that you have considered writing this review.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to “Fortune Select Loudon” Kolkata.

Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was an absolute pleasure to stay at Fortune kolkata.I great hotel in up keeping and excellent food.Staff is courteous,well trained and professional.I will recommend this to my colleagues and friends and look forward to stay again.

All the best

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
loudonKolkata, General Manager at Fortune Select Loudon, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

My team and I are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us , I thank you for your kind words of appreciation for the staffs.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to “Fortune Select Loudon” Kolkata.

Best Wishes

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My family and I stayed for 11 nights at Fortune Select on Loudon Street off Park St and really enjoyed our holiday-based stay in this convenient and service-minded hotel. We were upgraded to a club room on level 4 with plenty of space, comfortable beds and nice facilities, though wireless internet access was not so reliable. Staff were courteous and helpful throughout our stay, from the security staff and beyond, made us feel part of the hotel family. Allowed us to use their wired internet when needed and printing facilities for no additional charge. Helped sort taxis for us and negotiate fares. Our room was quiet with minimal noise from neighbors, hence we could get a restful sleep. Restaurant was compact but nice with a good menu though breakfast buffet was a little boring after a while as it did not change much but then again, most guests don´t stay as long as we did. Swimming pool was very well maintained, we spent a lot of time in the soft clean pool that uses minimal chlorine recovering from hot days touring the city. The one annoying thing was getting regular calls about special spa treatments and imaginary bookings. Overall a very good experience and decent value for the price.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the pool like we did, a nice view with plenty of light.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
loudonKolkata, General Manager at Fortune Select Loudon, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at “Fortune Select Loudon” Kolkata. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

My team and I are delighted to note that you were looked after well during your stay and pleased to read such encouraging comments for the hotel and the team who are equally happy with your feedback and join me in thanking you. Guest satisfaction is our prime concern and we are pleased to know that we could meet your expectations however regret for the calls made from SPA for therapy which you felt disturbing. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your return visit to Kolkata.

Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed there for one night on business, room are good, but were noisy . The staff is courteous, Hotel is nothing extraordinary but O.K. for a business hotel. Location is very good and central. Price wise also reasonable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
loudonKolkata, General Manager at Fortune Select Loudon, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at “Fortune Select Loudon” Kolkata and would like to thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Being situated in the centre of the city we are in close proximity to all major business houses , shopping areas, historical monuments and hence is an excellent location to stay and is well equipped with facilities such as Swimming Pool, Fitness Centre, SPA .Shortly we are coming up with specialty restaurant and a Salon which will obviously give guest their value for money and luxury.

Once again thank you immensely for your valuable review and feedback . My team and I very much look forward to welcome you back to Kolkata and to “Fortune Select Loudon”.

Amitava GuhaThakurta
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here in March'13 in the standard double room. Positive about most things...breakfast platter was very good, as was the room service and responsiveness. Very good location, close to park street etc...comfortable stay...

One negative : we had asked for a wake up call in the morning as we needed to catch a flight but didn't get any. not a biggie but such errors aren't expected in this category of hotels imo

Room tip : Try to ask for a room which faces the pool (and not the road) as it has a better view imo

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
loudonKolkata, General Manager at Fortune Select Loudon, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

My team and I are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and liked the breakfast platter along with the room & services. Being situated in the centre of the city we are in close proximity to all shopping areas and hence is an excellent location to stay. I thank you for your kind words of appreciation. I am concerned to know that your experience for the wakeup call service as I understand that the wakeup call you had requested was not delivered on time. I sincerely apologize regarding this matter, a complete departure from our standards. It was indeed a rare instance happened .

I once again thank you immensely for your valuable review and feedback as this help us further improve our services and achieve higher standards of excellence and guest satisfaction.

The team and I very much look forward to welcome you back to Kolkata and to “Fortune Select Loudon”.

Amitava GuhaThakurta
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

There are plenty of hotels that don't live up to what's portrayed on their websites. Fortune Select Loudon isn't one of them. From the moment you arrive, this magnificent and unique hotel will mesmerize you with its striking concept and design, attention to detail, and outstanding service. It tops my list of hotels in Kolkata that I've stayed in.Anyone coming to Kolkata on business should check this new hotel out. It's fresh and modern, with great service, for the right price.Central location, clean rooms, excellent food quality. Guests will feel very comfortable.
With best regards
Tanmoy Majumdar

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
loudonKolkata, General Manager at Fortune Select Loudon, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

My team and I are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us , I thank you for your kind words of appreciation.

Best Wishes

Amitava Guha Thakurta

Been to Fortune Select Loudon? Share your experiences!