“thesarus” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Swissotel Kolkata

You added Swissotel Kolkata to your Saves list
Swissotel Kolkata
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   City Center New Town, Action Area 2D | Plot No. 11/5, Rajarhat, Kolkata (Calcutta) 700157, India   |
Ranked #7 of 196 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“thesarus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

very close from the airport, attached to a mall so you can spend your free time having fun.I really liked the management of the staff, because i stayed there for a party ,i have seen the banquets, they are good, every year i choose this hotel for my show, they are very helpful n friendly trust me,they arranged each n every thing i needed on time.i will recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Swissotel_Kol, General Manager at Swissotel Kolkata, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Miss. Shub,

It was a great pleasure having you stay in Swissôtel Kolkata and we would like to thank you for taking out time and post a review on Trip Advisor.

I would indeed take the pride and share with my team members about your appreciation for the banquet team and the effort for the arrangement that would simultaneously help my team members work more efficiently and happily.

I along with my team members would wait to welcome you back at Swissôtel Kolkata on your next visit to Kolkata.

Swissôtel Kolkata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Turkish first
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Swissotel was wonderfully relaxing after our exciting tour of Sikkim and Darjeeling. We originally intended to stay here 1 night to catch an early morning connecting flight, but ended up staying 2 nights because we missed our flight (our fault). We stayed in Room 801 which is a 1 bedroom suite. The hotel is awesome without any doubt.

Room Tip: i thinh no any tips required.....bcoz all things are awesome.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I along with my team members would like to thank you for giving us a review on TripAdvisor from your regular schedules.

It gives us a great pleasure to hear that you had a comfortable stay in Swissôtel Kolkata and the service delivered by our team, room and the location had fulfilled your expectation.

I along with my team members wait to welcome you again in Swissôtel Kolkata on your next visit to the city.

Warm regards,

Swissôtel Kolkata.
Montpellier, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

November 2012, it was my second stay at Swissotel Kolkata. I've been there for business reasons.
I've stayed 15 days. A recent hotel really confortable and definitely one of the most friendly staff I've got the opportunity to meet (after thailand). You will get a restful moment in your confortable room, relaxing moment in the amazing swimming pool with wide view to the new international airport more align with the ambition of Kolkata, and the new town. After a long business day, go workout in the great fitness center where a coach is waiting for supporting you. After exercices, you will have difficult choice between indian restaurant at second floor, outside restaurant, buffet, bar at 6th floor. Food is really nice and service really professional and friendly. Inernet everywhere make you life easier to work or whatever you want. Just very good !

Room Tip: Higher floors are the most confortable but I've stayed a the 5th floor and i didn't get any...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear theloubifarang,

It gives us a great pleasure to know that you had a comfort in staying with that and us our location and proximity to airport and to your business travel was a way much easier. We indeed take up the appreciation from your review about our Swiss contemporary and modern designs about the property.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your return visit to Kolkata.

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Good option depending on your needs. Within about 15 minutes from the airport. Not much in the area; appears residential. If you want to see the city or culture of Kolkata, you won't from here without a long drive. This is a newer property....I believe I was told 2 years old so it isn't worn yet. There is mall adjacent which was a good place to walk or even just 'hang out' to get away from the room. The mall has several restaurant options including several American chains (Subway, McD, KFC, Pizza Hut). Also found an ATM and pharmacy so that was convenient. Hotel staff was very friendly. I thought the breakfast buffet was average. Not a huge spread and the food was okay. I got a good breakfast and left full; but was average compared to other places I've stayed. I did see one staff member at breakfast drop a pair of serving tongs. He promptly placed them on the counter where they collect dirty dishes. A minute later, another staff member came along and move the tongs back to the bread table. Simple mistake but not something a guest should see. I did not like the location of the fitness center and pool area because you had to walk through the dining area to get to them. You get a nice view of people in their workout clothes (and sweat) walking through during breakfast. There were a few other restaurant/lounge options in the hotel. They looked nice but I did not try so can't comment on service or quality. Room was clean and had everything you need. It was a room (king bed, TV, desk and bathroom) and nothing extraordinary about it although I did like the hardwood floors instead of carpet. It was very clean, comfortable and no signs of wear on the furniture or sheets/towels. My only real problem was the Internet service. I was able to connect okay. Made it to the company VPN okay. However, my company softphone was not usable. It would startup and dial okay but that was it. I worked with our company voice services group and after trying a lot of things they said it must be a local hotel issue. Never had that problem before or since. Only real impact is that I missed a couple of calls and got more sleep that night so it worked out for me; I still had email and instant messaging with no problem. I was originally planning 12 nights but left after 2; moved to a hotel closer to the city. I did not move because of a problem at the Swissotel (although the phone issue would have to be resolved if I was staying 12 nights); it was my first trip to Kolkata and to be there that long, I wanted to experience more of the city. If you need 1 or 2 nights close to the airport, this one is recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Swissôtel Kolkata. Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I am disappointed and concerned to learn that your experience at our hotel was not up to your expectation and I have simultaneously shared your feedback with my team. We will do everything possible to correct the shortfalls you have experienced this time. My team members and I extend my sincere apologies to you in this matter.

I would request you to view this as isolation and not let it mark your overall impression of the hotel and its services. I look forward to welcome you back to Swissôtel Kolkata.

Short Hills, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Swissotel was wonderfully relaxing after our exciting tour of Sikkim and Darjeeling. We originally intended to stay here 1 night to catch an early morning connecting flight, but ended up staying 2 nights because we missed our flight (our fault). We stayed in Room 801 which is a 1 bedroom suite. The hotel is much more luxurious than swissotels elsewhere, the bathroom even had a TV. There is a decent mall with a walkway to the hotel. An expansive buffet breakfast with too many choices was actually the reason we missed our flight on the first day. The fitness center and infinity pool were well maintained.
We did not expect much from this hotel since we were only looking for a comfy bed close to the airport, but it far exceeded our expectations. The hotel may however not be an optimal location for exploring Kolkata.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Swissotel_Kol, General Manager at Swissotel Kolkata, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you had a comfortable and more than expected stay at Swissôtel Kolkata and would like to Thank you for writing us a review from your regular schedules in TripAdvisor.

I would indeed take the pride and share with my team members about your appreciation for the room, service, pool & gym about the F&B buffet arrangement that would simultaneously help my team members work more efficiently and happily.

I along with my team members would await to welcome you back at Swissôtel Kolkata on your next visit to Kolkata.

Linköping, Schweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

it could have been perfect...the ambiente is well done,the buffet was delicious, but when a 5 star staff insists that internet access can only be given to ONE person in a double room, ( reason given : internet is expensive!), when only one bathrobe is provided and when staff enters the room unannounced and without knocking or ringing... perfect is not a word i would use. sorry was all we heard.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Swissotel_Kol, General Manager at Swissotel Kolkata, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to share with you that due to technical limitations only one individual can login at a time from the respective rooms. In addition to this, I would also specify that the internet access that we provide is complimentary irrespective of the number of occupants and the duration of use. In a double occupancy, we do provide two bathrobes.

Ebeltoft, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Nice, but expencive, hard to complain about anything. Only room price, seemed to change every week +/- 10 %. ???
If you want to stay within 20 min. to Airport, and have shopping center just outside hotel. Swissotel is the place to be.

Only minus I can think of,,,,, the superb terrace outside the main restaurant, with green trees etc. Is totally spoiled by the noise from the shopping centers air-con cooling tower.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure of having you stay in Swissôtel Kolkata and I would like to thank you for writing about us on TripAdvisor.

I would hereby extend my sincere apologies for the variance in room rates, but as per the market value and the demand changing day by day our room rates also vary on a weekly basis. I would also find out a possible solution for the noise that heard in the outer area of Café Swiss.

I, with my team members would thank you for your valuable review, as it would help us improve in our near future. Swissôtel Kolkata would wait to welcome you again on your next visit to Kolkata.

Warm regards,

Swissôtel Kolkata.

Been to Swissotel Kolkata? Share your experiences!