“Perfect stay for an early morning flight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swissotel Kolkata

You added Swissotel Kolkata to your Saves list
Swissotel Kolkata
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   City Center New Town, Action Area 2D | Plot No. 11/5, Rajarhat, Kolkata (Calcutta) 700157, India   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
BOOK SMART, STAY SMARTER!
Ranked #6 of 200 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Short Hills, New Jersey
“Perfect stay for an early morning flight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Swissotel was wonderfully relaxing after our exciting tour of Sikkim and Darjeeling. We originally intended to stay here 1 night to catch an early morning connecting flight, but ended up staying 2 nights because we missed our flight (our fault). We stayed in Room 801 which is a 1 bedroom suite. The hotel is much more luxurious than swissotels elsewhere, the bathroom even had a TV. There is a decent mall with a walkway to the hotel. An expansive buffet breakfast with too many choices was actually the reason we missed our flight on the first day. The fitness center and infinity pool were well maintained.
We did not expect much from this hotel since we were only looking for a comfy bed close to the airport, but it far exceeded our expectations. The hotel may however not be an optimal location for exploring Kolkata.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Swissotel_Kol, General Manager at Swissotel Kolkata, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you had a comfortable and more than expected stay at Swissôtel Kolkata and would like to Thank you for writing us a review from your regular schedules in TripAdvisor.

I would indeed take the pride and share with my team members about your appreciation for the room, service, pool & gym about the F&B buffet arrangement that would simultaneously help my team members work more efficiently and happily.

I along with my team members would await to welcome you back at Swissôtel Kolkata on your next visit to Kolkata.

Swissôtel Kolkata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Turkish first
Linköping, Schweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

it could have been perfect...the ambiente is well done,the buffet was delicious, but when a 5 star staff insists that internet access can only be given to ONE person in a double room, ( reason given : internet is expensive!), when only one bathrobe is provided and when staff enters the room unannounced and without knocking or ringing... perfect is not a word i would use. sorry was all we heard.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Swissotel_Kol, General Manager at Swissotel Kolkata, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Swissôtel Kolkata. Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I am disappointed and concerned to learn that your experience at our hotel was not up to your expectation and I have simultaneously shared your feedback with my team. We will do everything possible to correct the shortfalls you have experienced this time. My team members and I extend my sincere apologies to you in this matter.

I would like to share with you that due to technical limitations only one individual can login at a time from the respective rooms. In addition to this, I would also specify that the internet access that we provide is complimentary irrespective of the number of occupants and the duration of use. In a double occupancy, we do provide two bathrobes.

I would request you to view this as isolation and not let it mark your overall impression of the hotel and its services. I look forward to welcome you back to Swissôtel Kolkata.

Ebeltoft, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Nice, but expencive, hard to complain about anything. Only room price, seemed to change every week +/- 10 %. ???
If you want to stay within 20 min. to Airport, and have shopping center just outside hotel. Swissotel is the place to be.

Only minus I can think of,,,,, the superb terrace outside the main restaurant, with green trees etc. Is totally spoiled by the noise from the shopping centers air-con cooling tower.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure of having you stay in Swissôtel Kolkata and I would like to thank you for writing about us on TripAdvisor.

I would hereby extend my sincere apologies for the variance in room rates, but as per the market value and the demand changing day by day our room rates also vary on a weekly basis. I would also find out a possible solution for the noise that heard in the outer area of Café Swiss.

I, with my team members would thank you for your valuable review, as it would help us improve in our near future. Swissôtel Kolkata would wait to welcome you again on your next visit to Kolkata.

Warm regards,

Swissôtel Kolkata.
SJ Campos SP Brasil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Excelllent hotel to stay in Calcutta...very well located, close to the airport and inside of the City Center II, a shopping Mall that is very rare in India.
Service and rooms are superb!
Very conveniente for those that have a short stay in Calcutta.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I along with my team members would like to thank you for giving us a review on TripAdvisor from your regular schedules.

It gives us a great pleasure to hear that you had a comfortable stay in Swissôtel Kolkata and the service delivered by our team, room and the location had fulfilled your expectation.

I along with my team members wait to welcome you again in Swissôtel Kolkata on your next visit to the city.

Warm regards,

Swissôtel Kolkata.
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've been to better hotels would be my first call.
The only advantage this hotel has over most others in Kolkata is the proximity to the airport. So if you have an early morning flight to catch, this would be an ideal pick (say about 10mins to the airport)
But that besides, the rooms were just about satisfactory. The ply under the coffee table was peeling off, I found a burnt matchstick under my bed.
The service and food quality was do-able I would say.
All in all, there wasn't anything about this hotel that makes it stand out. To me it was just average.
Maybe I was expecting a lill too much, given the fact that their management has been rather choosy about the number of facilities in India.

Room Tip: This hotel shares a common wall to a really good super market (City Center) and hence would be a goo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Swissotel_Kol, General Manager at Swissotel Kolkata, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Mr. Singh,

I am disappointed and concerned to learn that your experience at our hotel was not up to your expectation and I have simultaneously shared your feedback with my team. We will do everything possible to correct the shortfalls you have experienced this time. I extend my sincere apologies to you regarding this matter.

I and my team members request you to view this in isolation and not let it mark your overall impression of the hotel and its services. I look forward to personally welcome you back to Swissôtel Kolkata.

Konigs Wusterhausen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We took this hotel because we had an early flight. It is ten minutes from the airport in the morning, but not convenient if you want to do a lot of sightseeing. But apart from that we had a very good price, an excellent room (like in a 5 star hotel), access to the business lounge with happy hour, a nice massage. We couldn't try the breakfast because of our early flight. This could be an improvement to offer early breakfast for guest who stay there because of the closeness to the airport. There was only one bad thing we experienced. I had asked for the spa menue and someone brought it to my room. After the massage in the late evening (we already slept) we have got 2 telephone calls asking for the spa menue. I didn't intend to take it home but they wanted it back in the night because there were only 2 copies. I would suggest make some more copies and don't bother the guests in their rooms with this.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Miss Armor Reisen,

We would like to Thank you for giving us a review on TripAdvisor by scheduling out some time from you busy day also it was a great pleasure to have you stay with Swissôtel Kolkata even if it was a short duration.

I would like to appreciate and take in the idea that you shared with us regarding the Spa Menu and also would extend my sincere apologies on behalf of my whole team for bothering you during the night time. This review has also helped me and my team to improve and gives us an opportunity to welcome you once more on your next visit to Kolkata and have delightful stay with Swissôtel Kolkata.

I and my team would again thank you for your comments and request you to give us a chance of welcoming you again.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Was here some months back for a corporate event and found the hotel very appealing and suitable for corporate events. The banquet facilities and buffet lunch arrangements were excellent. The adjoining mall is another attraction. The location can be a put off as it is away from the main city but could also be an advantage for some as it is close to the IT district of the city.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Abin,

It was a great pleasure having you stay in Swissôtel Kolkata and we would thank you for taking out time and post a review on TripAdvisor.

It gives us a great pleasure to know that you had a comfort in staying with us and also that our location and proximity to airport and to your business travel was a way much easier.

We also look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your return visit to Kolkata.