“Decent place, could be a lot cleaner” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Rose Valley
and 1 more site!
Hotel Rose Valley
R B-29, VIP Road, Near Airport, Kolkata (Calcutta) 700059, India   |
Ranked #73 of 190 Hotels in Kolkata (Calcutta)
“Decent place, could be a lot cleaner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at rose valley after considering other options. The rooms have all modern amenities except WiFi. Rooms are medium sized with adequate space for 2. The staff is friendly and helpful and are ready with advice if asked. Restaurant dishes out tasty fare, going by the buffet breakfast. My issue with the rooms is that they were musty due to the lack of ventilation. No windows in then room provides no sunlight (except for a tiny balcony) leaving ventilation to the a/c. The place could be cleaner.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

1st of All every 1 should take a note the hotel name is not anymore is Rose Valley, Its Orbit hotel.
I booked this hotel via makemytrip for 08-09/05/2014. My flight arrived early morning. I was so tired and gone hotel directly. It makes really difficult and time taking to find the hotel due to name change. Finally been informed by locals, the name is changed and it's now actually Orbit.

Anyway, I asked sleepy head receptionist "why not informed me about the name change". He said, already informed everywhere about the name change. Well, honestly no information from MakeMyTrip or from hotel itself. And I noticed, still they are selling rooms with the old name "Rose Valley" - ***ALERT***
Well, moving to check in process, the receptionist said no rooms available and already informed Makemytrip regarding unavailability. I was shocked, how can hotel or makemytrip do like this? Nevertheless, after thoroughly checking, receptionist telling on 8th morning, it's still 7th and check in time is 12 noon. Defiantly, I arrived 8th early morning, but no wonder even if you reach there 6-10am you may be asked to wait till 12 noon or until their normal check-in time.
Anyway, I had to go to another nearby hotel and spend extra 1700 bucks to take rest and wait till thire normal check in time. So, whoever have such plans please be CAREFUL.
Without windows, cleaned small room are everage. I got airport transfer in non=ac cars at 200 bucks. Advantage is near to airport.
Over all everage expereince with difficulities.

Room Tip: Physically visit rooms 1st, before check-in.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The only reason we stayed was because it was close to the airport and we arrived after midnight in Kolkata. The room was a little depressing with no windows and a dirty bathroom. We arrived late, slept, got up to have the complimentary breakfast, looked at it, changed our minds and left as soon as we could.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Kolkata (Calcutta) hotels

Wellington, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed here after arriving at midnight into Kolkata. The hotel is far past any former glory it may have once had. The rooms are grubby, the AC loud, there we're no windows. It was acceptable for our purpose, but if we we're to fly in late again I'd just take a cab further into town and stay somewhere rated well. The cabs at that hour don't take long to get into the Kolkata central areas.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We were twelve people and flew in from Guwahati. As we had flight next morning to Lucknow so we had to stay in Kolkata for a night and after couple of research on room rates, connectivity to airport, tripadvisor reviews, I selected Rose Valley.

Its very close to airport on VIP road. Checkin process was smooth considering 12 people walking in with their luggage and waiting for their room numbers. The checkin waiting area was small. I booked 4 rooms on tripple occupancy. All of them were in the same floor. When I called the reservation office before booking, they told me that rooms are spacious and 3 people can be easily accomodated in the room. Each room had 2 single beds, two bedside tables and couple of more furnitures. Room was perfect for 2 people. However, we managed to sleep through the night with 3 people. Rooms were cleaned when we walked in and so were the toilets. We requested for extra mattress in each room as we were 3 people in each. And the staff was prompt to bring in the extra mattress. The sheets and pillow covers were dirty but they changed it instantly.

Breakfast was complimentary and on request, they served it earlier than the usual breakfast hours for us, as we had to catch a flight in the morning. That was a nice gesture from the hotel. Food was good as we also had dinner in the hotel restaurant.

As it was a night's stay and me and my friends (8 of us) were in the same room talking all night, knowing that next day we have flight back home and ceremonies all day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I called for hours to confirm by booking but they did not repsond. finally I messaged the number and I got a response. While I was there, the staff was helpful and the rooms were just about decent. But the real problem there were the filthy toilets.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Staff very kind and helpful, but disappointed the room was not clean,
certainly nothing like shown in the photographs.
Excellent location for the airport.
Be warned - you will be charged Rs 200 for 5 minute journey to airport
and no option for alternative taxi.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Rose Valley? Share your experiences!