“Cony from Chile” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Galaxy

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Hotel Galaxy
You added Hotel Galaxy to your Saves list
3 Stuart Lane, Kolkata (Calcutta), India   |
New Delhi
“Cony from Chile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The best hotel in Kolkata! very clean, good prices, very nice staff, central... all u can expect from an hotel.
El mejor hotel de Calcuta! muy limpio, buen precio, gente muy amable, central...

I went twice and for me is like a home now!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

A lovely place with a very friendly boss. The boss is an very easy-going businessman, which you might find it to be a hardly found behaviour in most of the guest house owner in Kolkata. The rooms are newly renovated and everyone who has stayed there, they never complain. Sudder street is a place where all the mother house's volunteers stay. We meet each other everyday and we had feedback on every hotels. Hotel Galaxy is rated the best, in terms of the room and most importantly the hospitality :)

• Stayed May 2012
Jessore, Bangladesh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Hotel Galaxy is the best in Kolkata. I stayed many hotel's in Kolkata but the environment of This Hotel is very nice. I never fill that I am away from my home. All stafs are very helpful, Specially Mr. Harbindar Sing (The Hotel owner ) is so nice to all & one of the best man I have ever seen.

Rafiqul Islam Shaheen
Benapole, Bangladesh.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I had a wonderful week long stay and I look forward to returning to Galaxy Hotel. The owner and all the staff are incredibly kind, humble and honest. They are all very attentive and helpful and keep the rooms very clean. There are renovated rooms but I enjoyed the un-renovated room upstairs with tons of space, high ceilings and a huge window. I accidentally left my mobile out front of the guest house and it was returned to me by one of the staff. All the staff really want you feel comfortable in your stay and will go out of their way to make you feel at home. It's also a great place if you need to store luggage.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

The rooms are clean, the manager and other employees are very helpful and kind. Great price for what you get! I will definitely use this hotel again. Plus it is right in the middle of the tourist area - Sudder street.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

It was my fist time in India and I had so much information about it than I was Scared.
But Landed here was a great experience!! Harry (the Owner) and his staff were a Lot of help, for everything (even when I wanted to color my hair with henna!);
Rooms are clean and the hotel is really really save.

Stayed here for three weeks and I would come back to the same place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
North East England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stayed recently for 2 nights at Hotel Galaxy. We had a spacious double AC room with bathroom. Everything functioned perfectly constant supply of hot water. There was some quirky black and white furniture in the room.
Staff very helpful and friendly - looked up the location of a shop we wanted to visit. Arranged a taxi to airport at the same price as pre-paid taxi from airport.
We were a little concerned that our room was next to reception but we didn't notice any disruption or noise.
And all this for *%) rupees. Definitely a recommended place to stay.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Galaxy? Share your experiences!