While we had some initial reservations after arriving here, we ended up having a really wonderful 4-night stay at Sunflower. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. Anytime we asked for anything (i.e. toilet paper, blankets, etc.), it was always immediately delivered. The Guest House is also a very easy walk to the popular and busy Park Street which has tons of great places to eat and shop. It is also a 20-minute walk to Mother House, if you plan on volunteering during your time here in Kolkata. Sunflower also was kind enough to arrange a prepaid taxi to bring us to the airport in the very early morning. It's important to note that they lock the gates at night and are typically not unlocked until after 9am but they are happy to open them...after you wake them up. We would definitely recommend this place if you want somewhere that is cheap, just don't expect chandeliers and plush beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Solomon Mansion House, Sunflower Guesthouse offers a unique experience of modern living with a dash of heritage. Located in the heart of Kolkata's Park Street area it is very convenient to reach out to most places of interest. Despite the prime location Sunflower Guesthouse offers a pleasantly peaceful ambience. This 20 room property comes with 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom options. Serviced apartment facilities for group bookings are also available for longer stay durations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Sunflower Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunflower Guest House Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Sunflower Guest House India/Kolkata (Calcutta), Asia