“Best typical Bengali food in Kolkata quite affordable!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bhojohori Manna Hindusthan Road

Bhojohori Manna Hindusthan Road
18/1A, Hindustan Road, Ballygunge, Near South Calcutta Nursing Home | EM Bypass, Sarat Bose Road, Near Deshopriya Park, Kolkata (Calcutta) 700029, India
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 1,352 Restaurants in Kolkata (Calcutta)
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
“Best typical Bengali food in Kolkata quite affordable!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

quite and pleasant atmosphere. food service is fast. menu is on a black board. veg and non veg both is good. fish smells fresh and soft. typical Bengali food not in a place far from home :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chennai (Madras), India
“More than Satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I am writing this review for the Oshiwara (Mumbai) restaurant. I was staying in Mumbai and completely kept away from good food for a long time. Bhojohori Manna was a blessing and I frequented it very often. The mini and the maxi "thala" are amazing. But the sure A++ is the aloo dum, posto, and the variety of fishes. (the bhetki is a small disappointment though). I ate and ate and ate, but the bill was probably less than half of what I expected to pay!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Tasty food and value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We actually went to sector 2( near tank no.5) restaurant (I could locate this branch in Trip Advisor). Its a bit small and remains occupied at most of the time.
They have very good Bengali dishes, though we could taste just a few of them. The food is very tasty, they have some special dishes like the chicken dak bangla and the fish curries. Taste the chutneys, they are good and unique. The veg pulao and the aloo posto was okay.
Planning to visit very soon again!

• Visited August 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Amazing Bengali food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was my second trip to Kolkata (the 1st was very brief!) and shopping was on my mind this time. I actually wanted to try out the street food while I shopped at Gariahat but as I was with my colleagues, we decided to sit at 1 location and eat first.

After a lot of confusion over where to eat, we tried out Bhojohari Manna. Fish is not my fav especially bcoz I find it too tediuos to remove the bones and eat. I ordered some chicken cutlets coz thats the only thing I could understand and was without bones. Others ordered prawns, fish & then came to the boneless stuff....thats when I took off!

One thing I must appreciate is that these guys have a lot of variety and the taste is just too awesome. I tried "shorshe -elish" - the best out of all that we ordered! We kept ordering fried prawns (coated with batter) + fish in a similar coating...can't remember the name.

Then came the turn of sweets...Mishti doi was the most fav!!! We did try Kheer-kadam, Roshogulla, etc....all amazing! When u are in Kolkata, u can eat sweets anywhere & the taste is just the same...awesome!

For those who are new to Kolkata, Gariahat in the South is recommended for shopping - avoid Sundays as you would find a lot of shops closed. And this restaurant is close-by, so a must visit. If you dont understand from the name what kind of a dish it is, just ask the waiter. Tell him exactly what you want and they will suggest accordingly. Also, please note a few dishes mentioned on the menu may be sweet, so if you dont like your main course to be sweet, please let them know. Bengali's have a hint of sweetness in their food as well.

A must try while in Kolkata! Also, this place is crowded, there may be some waiting time before you get your table.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Nice place if you want to have Bengali Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

The food they serve you is really tasty( sometimes it is too sugary, even meat and fish has that sugary taste) The atmosphere is really good and staffs are helpful.If you are a non Bengali let me tell you, do try chingri macher malai curry, sorshe elish and ofcourse meat.

• Visited July 2013