“Good view, but I'm not going back there” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Mohit
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   H.D. Lama Road, Darjeeling 734101, India   |
Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Darjeeling
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good view, but I'm not going back there”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We made a booking in advance for three room. However, one of our member cannot join the trip. The hotel won't let us cancel the room, they always refer to the manager who never be at the hotel. After several negotiation, they let us pay half price of the un use room. We are lucky to have a room with a balcony and great view. But the room is not very clean and a TV system got mixed up with somebody playing game. It's a bit creepy at one point but it finally back to normal after a while. Another bad thing is that my phone is not compatible with the wifi available at the hotel. It's not the hotel faults but still it's a bit frustrated. Also, the breakfast take quite a long time before it's ready. We wouldn't complain if they didn't push us to specify the time we would have our breakfast the night before. They even try to push us to choose the food we will have - just to find out in the morning that we didn't really get to choose anything. We just have to eat what they provide.

Room Tip: If you must stay here - get the room on the third floor - ask for the room with the balcony.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Booked this hotel via venere.com for 9 nights. Upon arrival was really disappointed! The hotel was under repair hence the staircase was dirty and the banging noises were intolerable. I decided not to check in but I was told I would have to pay the entire 9 nights as it had already been deducted from my bank account. The manager tried to be helpful and let me make calls to the agent who was involved in the booking (venere.com uses agents to do the booking!). I've been told the same. Frustrated and tired I had no option but stay. My son and myself spent September 8th-17th there. The hotel was completely empty and I am almost certain I would have paid less had I booked on the spot. The manager let me check all the rooms and after doing so we decided to stay in the room we got initially. It was on the 3rd floor and it had a narrow balcony which made all the difference. One morning we woke up to find our room flooded in water (a pipe burst in one of the other rooms) the staff was so incapable that I used the mop to clear out the water. Having stayed in other hotels in Darjeeling for less money I can honestly say this is just an OK choice, not more.

Room Tip: see if you can get a room with a balcony (3rd floor) as far as I know there are only 2 and they shar...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bilimora, Gujarat, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Rooms are not clean...Bathrooms are not clean...hotel staff & reception staff are not co operative...too much whot & cold water problem...all together not a good experience with family...avoid to stay in this hotel...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Roosendaal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Nice clean rooms. Nice and helpfull staff. Good value for your money. Small restaurant, but the food was good.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I knew this wasn't going to be the Taj Bengal but we had a pretty rotten time in this hotel.

The hotel itself is pretty nice with what would be amazing views if the fog and mist ever lifted. Our room looked out over Darjeeling and was a twin with an ensuite bathroom

On arrival we asked about eating and were told to hurry and order because all the food would take 45 minutes to be made. Fair enough. So we ordered and twenty minutes later were informed one of our choices wouldn't be available requiring an extra wait for our replacement choice.

Our room was freezing and with the little bar heater provided barely warmed up at all as well as being a pretty serious fire hazard. The power failed every 5-10 minutes so the heater was pretty useless anyway. We asked for extra blankets on the bed and eventually they came however they had possibly used for horses or something because they were pretty grimy.

Wi-FI worked well

The next morning we had two choices with the "hot" water - clear and cold or lukewarm and tea colored. we gave up thinking it would improve the next day but after two mornings we headed off to Kolkata unshowered and smelly.

The location is pretty good to Chowrastra and the zoo and the markets - and if the fog lifted the views would be amazing!!! There is a great Thai restaurant on the next street uphill if you don't feel like eating at the hotel ( after the first night we didn't at all).

And the price is very good if all facilities were working - they just weren't during our stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dhaka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Hotel Mohit is a good option if you are looking for a budget hotel. Room is neat & clean, bathroom is ok. The hotel staffs are gentle & helpful. The location is very good. Chowrasta and Bigbazar all the main shopping places are within 5-10 mins walking distance. I stayed 3 days and it was a nice stay. Hot water is available 24 hours. Another thing you should keep in mind that they will take at least 30 mins to provide you the breakfast as they preapare this after getting your order. Breakfast is good. I will highly recommend. Safe for family & couple.

Room Tip: If you are visiting in winter then make sure that hotel tariff include room heater.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Good Location. Situated close to the market(5 min. walk ). Excellent view of Darjeeling town from most of the rooms. Clean spacious rooms. Good Service. Very safe for families. Overall a very pleasant experience for me and my family. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Mohit? Share your experiences!