I stayed in the hotel along with a lot of relatives in Nov 2012. The Hotel is located close to the center of Darjeeling and has easy access to the Mall, The commercial center and is about a 15 minutes walk from the Darjeeling Railway station. The Hotel has a nice boutique interior look and the hotel is managed by a family that stays on the premises. The owner is very courteous and makes it a point to interact with his guests.
The Buffet spread is average but typically of good quality. Your experience and review will depend to a extent on the room you stay in. Room 306 or the once facing the inside street don't offer a great view. In fact looking out of the window is best avoidable since you encounter a dilapidated structure across the room as well as a garbage dump. The other downside of the room is that it is very poorly lit.
The only reason I will rate this as average and not poor are its interior, the owner who manages the property and its location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of the town, Hotel Seven Seventeen is the ideal place to stay in whether you are here for holiday or on business trip. The Mall, main bus and taxi stands, local market, banks and entertainment centers are all within walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, MakeMyTrip, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Seven Seventeen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seven Seventeen Darjeeling
- Seven Seventeen Hotel Darjeeling