“A consistently good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The dynasty

The dynasty
Harrisons Hotel 315 Valluvar Kottam High Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai (Madras) 600034, India (Nungambakkam)
44-42222777-0
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #323 of 2,156 restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Nungambakkam
London, United Kingdom
“A consistently good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I make it a point to eat at Dynasty Chinese restaurant in Harrisons Hotel whenever I am in Chennai which is about twice a year, over the last many years. I am happy to say the standard continues to be excellent. It is a place with tasteful Chinese decor, very quiet, a place where you can relax and spent time slowly over the food without being hassled. The staff are attentive without being intrusive, and the service is quick. You wish they would be slower so that you can linger even more .......

The menu is extensive, and is that unique kind of Indian Chinese that you will not find in any other country ...... the choice of rice dishes is excellent, and the vegetables are great too - particularly the Szechwan vegetable . I have also enjoyed the Chop Suey and noodles, but prefer the ginger fried rice. The desserts are not great , but I go for the soups and the main meal, and these are always very good value. I have never needed to make a reservation, and it is the relative low occupancy of the tables that makes the experience even better...... perhaps because we go at lunch time as soon as the place opens !

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
Surat, India
“The food keeps me coming back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

This place is just the safe place I would go to because of the food. The taste and flavor is standard and will never change even if i go back here years later.

But what made me write this review was, this place located in an otherwise big hotel, needs to know that, on a hot summer day in Chennai, people not only want good food, but also air conditioning, when they eat. I think it would be basic sense to fix that or maybe it was just unlucky me who went on the wrong day.

But I can still say that, hoping they fix their flaws, the food will always keep me coming back here.

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chennai (Madras), India
“Food was oily,poor service, servers were more interested in IPL match”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

I and my wife went to this restaurant after a lot of people told us, especially when we told them we like eating at Mainland China. But sorry to say the food was not that good. We ordered a soup and then chicken schezwan and Hakka noodles. I have never had such awful Hakka noodles, it was almost deep fried and too oily. Also, what I thought worth mentioning was the servers were not professional at all. There was an IPL match going on and everybody seemed to be more interested including the Manager to watch the match, and we had to ask for the server on a couple of occasions to get our questions answered.

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A favorite hangout, I have been eating here ever since its was located on the ground floor of a run down colonial...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2008

A favorite hangout, I have been eating here ever since its was located on the ground floor of a run down colonial building. Its now on the 2nd Floor of a glass paneled high rise. I usually start with my favourite Manchow Soup and Pepper Tofu (Spicy) followed by Chinese Chopsuey and Vegetable Ball Manchurian. On pleasant days I have a shot or two of IMFL with friends. I occasionally order Maimein or Chowmein. The food is excellent (used to be better in the past) and the waiters are knowledgeable, service is very quick however on weekends if you dont make reservations you'll have to wait in the queue for your turn to be seated.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Food is ok!!! Good variety !! Very slow service. Food was better 10 years ago”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008