“Excellant place to dine” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kohinoor Asiana Hotel

You added Kohinoor Asiana Hotel to your Saves list
Kohinoor Asiana Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Old Mahabalipuram Road | Semmencherry, Chennai (Madras) 600119, India   |
Ranked #31 of 338 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Chennai (Madras), India
“Excellant place to dine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Best place for a relaxed lunch with family and friends.....good ambiance ...perfect place for every one...away from city ...calm and quiet atmosphere....variety of buffet spreads....veg,non veg,sweets,cakes,ice creams,dosa,chats and all that you need for a buffet .....tasty and garam garam....right place for right money you spend... worth visiting....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ArunRaj, General Manager at Kohinoor Asiana Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest

First of all i would like to Thank you for giving your appreciations towards us by spending your valuable time via Trip Advisor.

Its a very motivating appreciation you have given to my team, Appreciations like this will make my team to do their best, I am very happy that you have commented that its a very relaxing place for lunch with family and friends.

I once again Thank you very much for giving a very positive note to encourage our team with your true kind words.

Arun Raj. D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Nice hotel. The location is a little out of town but was reasonably handy for where I was working. This is a big plus in Chennai as travel can be time consuming.

The hotel is very nice, the rooms are fine, but I got the distinct impression that guests were seen as an inconvenience. This was the first time in 4 trips to India, probably staying in a dozen hotels over that time that I have not felt hugely welcomed. Indeed I would say that Indian hospitality is among the finest I have eve encountered. So what was wrong here? Hard to say.

The bar closed at midnight. We had some work to do for a meeting in he morning. We were asked to leave. My colleague took some food with her that she had not even, I took a coaster for my glass of water. This was quite unceremoniously removed from me and my colleague got "a row" for taking food ( some toasted cheese) out to the public areas where we went to finish our work. Now bear mind this is without doubt a hotel targeting business travellers, why would you do that..

When we checked out we had to wait in line while housekeeping were called to check all was in order in the rooms. I have never experienced anything like that in years of travel around the world.

I won't be hurrying back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visited with my husband on business and had a wonderful time. The staff were very friendly and extremely attentive. We ate dinner almost every evening in Silk (the Thai restaurant) and my husband still talks about how much he loved the Cashew Chicken. I enjoyed spending time at the pool and spa where everyone was very welcoming. Although I don't have any direct comparisons to make with other hotels in Chennai, I would love to stay at the Asiana again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ArunRaj, Manager at Kohinoor Asiana Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest

Its a very motivating appreciation you have given to my team, Appreciations like this will make my team to do their best, I am very happy that our trainings to our staffs are getting fruitful when we see the appreciations that they are very friendly and extremely attentive, I will definitely pass your kind appreciation to all our 3 Thai women chefs who are from Thailand who prepares all the food in our Thai restaurant authenticity. Of course the Pool and the spa in the roof top gives you a big relief from your daily busy business schedule.

Thank you very much for giving a very positive note to start our day and hope to see you again with us to have another great experience. I would be more than happy to recieve you personally next time when you are here.

Chennai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Went couple of times n i enjoy the ambience food n live cheff preparations!! The best part is it has wide range of continental food.. The desrts are excellent n starters are good too.. Nice place to hang in with family for a dinner :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
, Manager at Kohinoor Asiana Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Mr. Aakhil,

Its a very motivating appreciation you have given to my team, Appreciations like this will make my team to do their best to make your dining experience better every day, i will definitely pass this appreciation to our kitchen team who has given you the wide range of continental food and desserts and starters, i will also appreciate the service team for making your dining experience a good one.

Chennai (Madras), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The staff at the hotel, especially the security guard at the exit, and the valet parking staff are very rude and arrogant. They do not have manners to speak to the guests.
First of all, they do not have proper valet parking staff and they are no clear signboards for directing the way.
They told me not to exit from the gate which is next to the parking due to security reasons even though i was almost at the exit, and asked me to go all around the building citing security reasons. I wonder what security they are talking about when they hardly have any guests.
The staff at the exit gate was a very arrogant, rude guy, and the Manager was also equally bad.
All these people do not know how to speak, which is the basic requirement .
There are far better hotels around this vicinity.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
, Manager at Kohinoor Asiana Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

I take this opportunity to Thank you to post a comment in the TripAdvisor.

There is a clock wise traffic direction for smoother handling of the traffic at all times and when you cross the Exit gate you have to go around the hotel to come to the exit gate again, This is done for your own safety and the other guests safety reasons. However on the other note we have taken your valuable feed back on the signage's to be fixed for clarity on the direction of Exit.

It would be great pleasure for me to meet you next time when you visit the hotel and explain how important is to keep that kind of traffic flow, and also to give us a valuable feed back to add more signage's to show the Exit way.

It is such feed back and suggestions which you have given will make us understand our strength and weakness and to focus & strive hard to give you a better service.

Thanking you

Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

When you walk into a hotel you like to feel valued and it is the staff that create this atmosphere. This hotel has that in spades.

For an upmarket hotel it is nothing special in terms of rooms although they are quite spacious and clean. Personally I found the bed pillows uncomfortable and it being Chennai, that damp smell is constantly all around you. The breakfasts were OK and catered to most tastes, the restaurant has a good selection of well prepared and presented dishes although the ambiance is a little lacking.
The bar is good (shows Premier and European football as a bonus) and the staff there are very helpful and polite. Try their signature Long Island Ice Tea :-)

All in all - a good stay and I would definately return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
, General Manager at Kohinoor Asiana Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Its a very motivating appreciation you have given to my team, we always believe that the product or the technology can be designed or modified as it changes and grows every day, but the service & the warmth of the people is what differentiates in hospitality and you have appreciated our team on their services and the warmth welcome. It will really give a great motivation and inspiration to my team to perform better to make your stay more comfortable next time.

With regards to your pillow we have noted your feed back and we also have different kind of pillows also, Please let us know when you are there next time we will make that also very comfortable.

It would be great pleasure for me to welcome you back personally next time when you are here. Thank you once again.

With regards,

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at the Asiana whilst on business in Chennai, and found it to be a wonderful hotel ideally situated for the IT expressway and OMR road. The hotel provided a great and relaxing room which suited my needs perfectly, and I found the staff could not do enough to help.
Breakfast was first calss each day with a rich selection of foods to satisfy every taste. I didn't use the restaurants during my time, but I went to the iLounge most evenings for a couple of beers after a long day, always freindly bar staff and complimentary bar snacks made this a nice way to wind down at end of day. The Airport transfer service is also recommended atleast for arrival in Chennai, and if this is your first visit. I will definitely stay here again if I find myself in Chennai.

Room Tip: As a smoker I opted for a smoking room, this was perfect for my needs, and so I couldn't say muc...