Everything about this hotel is a wonderful experience. I have been to many hotels in India where, unless you are paying Taj prices, the hotel was once splendid but due to lack of maintenance, the hotel is rundown & shabby with bad staff. This is not the case with the Raintree, it really looks like it was just built a week ago.
Here are the pros for this hotel:
* The lobby has a nice wait area that is very smartly decorated and comfy.
* The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful.
* The porters are very attentive and do not act like beggars in needing a tip for every little thing they do for you.
* The rooms are nicely apportioned Sony HDTV's with HDMI signal feeding them, an iHome clock radio with iPod dock, comfy bed, do not disturb light, and spacious walk in shower.
* Water temps, cleanliness, and pressure in the bathroom were to Western premium hotel room standards.
* Room service brings the tasty meals up while they are still piping hot with the appropriate utensils and napkins.
* Hotel car pick-up and drop-off to your office is really easy to arrange and with no long wait times.
* The roof top pool was beautiful (the water was a little bit cold for me, but not everybody loves to swim in bath water temps like I do).
* The fitness room was well apportioned to run on a treadmill and lift weights, with an attendant that was there if you needed him but did not stare at you or linger in a disconcerting way. It was super clean.
* Wi-Fi internet was strong, predictable, and free with my room rate. It did not go out even if there was a power grid fluctuation with the lights.
* Chop-Chay, the basement Chinese restaurant, had tasty food, reasonably priced, with great service.
* The elevators were quick to come when the button was pressed.
* The workout room is a little small compared to other hotels with similar standards of cleanliness and service.
* A map of the neighborhood in English showing points of interest within walking distance of the hotel, would have been a nice added touch in the large amount of room literature.
I have stayed at hotels in the Hyatt, Hilton, W, Sheraton chains amongst others. I would rate this hotel as very competitive to them. It was really a pleasant stay.
- Also Known As:
- The Raintree Hotel, St.Mary`s Hotel
- The Raintree Hotel, St.Mary`s Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Rain Tree Hotel
- The Rain Tree Hotel
- The Rain Tree Hotel Chennai
- Rain Tree Chennai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five star hotel with 105 state-of-art rooms including 5 suites, swimming pool, gym and health spa. The best "Eco friendly" hotel in South India. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Agoda so you can book your The Raintree Hotel, St.Mary's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.