“Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Chennai

You added Courtyard by Marriott Chennai to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Chennai
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   564, Teynampet | Anna Salai, Chennai (Madras) 600018, India   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book early & get 20% Off
Ranked #32 of 338 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed at Marriot Chennai and never fails to impress me with good service and courteous staff. Same level of service as I experienced in US too when I was there last month. And I am staying again in Marriot when I travel to Hyderabad later this month. Hopefully the service will be as good.

Room Tip: Be a Marriot reward member and get free internet!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
PRTeam1, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chennai, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your words and it means a lot to us to get acknowledged by our guests. We value our guests more than anything and this is probably one of the best forms of motivation that we can receive. It inspires us to do more and more each day to keep impressing our guests.

We are extremely happy that you chose our property in Hyderabad for your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott Chennai. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me for any other clarifications or queries.

Ankush Sharma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Indonesian first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I had recently been on a business trip to Chennai and stayed at this hotel. It is very nicely maintained hotel with comfortable rooms. It servers good food and it is located centrally hence people on business need to spend time in the city traffic

Room Tip: You have smoking as well as smoking rooms. The rooms are sound proof hence it does not matter if you...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your kind words and it means a lot to us to get acknowledged by our guests. This is probably one of the best forms of motivation that we can receive.

Warm regards

Metuchen, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

stayed in this hotel for a day and a half on co business. being a marriott rewards elite member has its perks - no charge to use the internet and attentive and friendly staff.
the breakfast spread was excellent value for money. i had the lunch buffet, though good was a but more hit and miss.
the staff were great - from attentiveness to their assistance in setting up transport options to being flexible on pricing. i would definitely go back for a stay

cons - the view from the hotel is no great shakes considering the construction thats going on, but it doesnt quite matter as much IMHO
the selection of tv channels can be beefed up

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your kind words and it means a lot to us to get acknowledged by guests. We value our guests more than anything and this is probably one of the best forms of motivation that we can receive. It inspires us to do more and more each day to keep impressing our guests.

We have taken note of your concern regarding the TV channels and assure you that this has been looked at. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott Chennai. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me for any other clarifications or queries.

Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed here 3 nights and all I can say is positive things, from the reception staff helping me with some address, to the clean and spacious room…etc.
The only negative thing is that while having breakfast or dinner at their lobby floor you end up with food smell probably they did not have the air ventilation running at that time. I end up eating at the Intercontinental which is near from this hotel and they have better food selection.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your words. We value our guests more than anything else and it means a lot to us to get feedback from them; it only helps us to serve them better.

We are very sorry to hear about the negative experience you had at the hotel. We assure you that we have made amends to address this issue.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott Chennai and giving us a chance to serve you again. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me for any other clarifications or queries.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had several days of business meetings in Chennai and selected the Courtyard Marriott because of its reviews and location. I was greatly pleased by the friendliness of the staff meeting the needs that I had and helping attend to the minor details. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. I had the opportunity of sampling both a standard room and an executive suite. The suite was, sweet. The standard room was nice as well. I opted for an upgrade with access to to the club lounge and the extra rupees were well worth the price I paid as it was a comfortable place to relax and get refreshments without having to leave the hotel.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your words and it means a lot to us to get such great acknowledgement. We value our guests more than anything and this is probably one of the best forms of motivation that we can receive. It inspires us to do more and more each day to keep impressing our guests.

We are extremely happy about the experience you had at our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott Chennai and giving us a chance to serve you. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me for any other clarifications or queries.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I was on business trip and stayed in the hotel for one night.
It is conveniently located and close from place where I had
my work. The hotel staff is very courteous and helpful. The
rooms are very comfortable with free wi-fi internet which I did
not use though. The hotel have two restaurants Paprika and
Rhapsody. The Paprika is actually 24 hour coffee shop and
serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. I had dinner in Paprika
restaurant and chose the buffet option which had good
selection of menu. Next morning had breakfast in same
restaurant. The breakfast spread was awesome and food was
excellent. All in all it was comfortable stay experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
PRTeam1, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chennai, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your kind words and it means a lot to us to get such great acknowledgement. We value our guests more than anything and this is probably one of the best forms of motivation that we can receive. It inspires us to do more and more each day to keep impressing our guests.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Have been there for one week, the kind of service is just average. The first hotel in my life where I could see drinking water is chargeable even you stay in 10K per night room.

Luckily Internet was free and view from room was so boring, was stupid to choose this hotel

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Anil,

Thank you very much for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention. We apologise for the experience that you had at our hotel during your stay in October 2011.

We would love to hear from you and make amends for the past experience. Please do get in touch with us and we will be sure to address your concerns suitably.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Chennai? Share your experiences!