“Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Accord Metropolitan

You added The Accord Metropolitan to your Saves list
The Accord Metropolitan
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   35, GN Chetty Road | T. Nagar, Chennai (Madras) 600 017,, India (Nungambakkam)   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #23 of 341 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Doha, Qatar
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The Hotel is centrally located in Chennai and has excellent connectivity. Stayed in a single bed room apartment in 9th floor which is of very good international standard. The room is very spacious with one bed room, one hall, a kitchen and is well furnished. WiFi is free and has good speed. The food in the South Indian Restaurant is very good. The Hotel however is very noisy with lot of residents talking loudly - probably due to a marriage party staying in. The lobby was also very noisy. The conference room is very expensive and the Hotel is also high priced - but for the extra large discount I got. The staff are cooperative but definitely need lot of training. The most annoying moment was when the travel desk wanted me to pay cash at 2300 hrs for a domestic air ticket bought by me at 1700 hrs!!! And he would not accept ATM or Credit Card!!!! Of course, I paid cash after drawing from nearby ATM next day but it was not very acceptable that he insisted that I go to ATM at that late hour, draw cash and pay him!!!!

Room Tip: Be careful to buy tickets - you have to pay cash - they do not take ATM or Credit Card!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Mr. Sivasankar,

Thank you for giving your valuable feedback.

I am delighted that you were satisfied with most of our services. However, your disappointment with regard to the Travel Desk has also been noted. In fact the very next day we have made some changes in our system which will now enable you to pay the bills through your card also. I will also make sure your suggestion for better training of our colleagues is immediately adhered to and necessary action taken.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Chennai and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Rupesh Kumar Pandey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We've stayed in several hotels in Chennai in the last 5 years. The Accord Metropolitan is by far the best we've encountered!. The rooms were amazing! Very comfortable beds, extremely clean bathroom, a nice working table with leather swivel chair, very prompt room service, very polite and forthcoming front desk personnel, splendid breakfast spread (even includes bacon!). The hotel's central location is a great advantage to avid shoppers. What more can a guest ask for. Truly made our holiday!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for giving your valuable feedback.

I am delighted with such lavish praise that you have showered on the hotel and would make sure to pass it on to all my colleagues which will be great morale booster for them. Your review is truly inspiring for me and my team.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I had a pleasant time in Chennai and especially in Accord Metropolitian. The Hotel has very good ambinence and all staff were responsive and provided service par execellence and anticipated my needs. Everything from checking in to checking out went smoonthly. Room was well maintained and front desk staff were really helpful.

Choice of buffet breakfast was very good and had a wide variety of selections. Lunch and Dinner were equally good and food was fantastic. Even when I left something for disposal without informing the front desk at checkout, staff got back to me via e-mail to check of they could dispose off these items.

So thank you Accord and all staff for the excellent service and a wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear Mr. Elangovan,

Greetings from The Accord Metropolitan, Chennai!

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

We at The Accord Metropolitan aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations. I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel are truly inspiring.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I came to Chennai for my business trips and stayed in Marriott. I came to Accord hotel with my friends for dinner. I would just like to say thanks to entire Management and Chinese restaurant Bergola team. The staffs and Manager are very co operative and nice. I don’t know how they come to know that it was my birthday and they arranged a nice cake for me which was really unforgettable moments. I spoke to Mr.Asif who was the manager there and he is really polite and professional person and almost all the staffs in accord hotel. Just to say thanks to accord team and management. Keep it up.I will make sure next time when I come to Chennai I will stay with you people.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Rupesh P, General Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear Mr. Shetty,

Thank you for giving your valuable feedback.

I am thrilled to know that your experience at Pergola, our roof top restaurant was an affair to remember. I will pass on your feedback to Asif and his team and I am sure this will give their morale a big boost.

New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This is by far the worst hotel I've ever been to! Stayed here for 3 nights, had paid them in advance :(
The rooms had a very strong musty smell and there was seepage everywhere, the bathroom water smelt of sewage, the bed was moist, bed sheets, pillows and towels were also smelly. The bathroom had molds and you have to stand in the not so clean tub to take a shower. At one instance the shower knob came out in my hands when I tried to turn it on!

I slipped in the room once because of the flooring being moist at all times. The rooms were not properly soundproofed, you could hear everything happening on the streets even on the 10th floor! We changed the rooms 4 times on 4 different floors and they all had the same problems.
The breakfast was average with very less options specially for vegetarians.

The only good part was the staff, they were friendly and helpful.
I ignored all the bad reviews on TripAdvisor and booked this hotel which I badly regret!

Overall : I would never suggest this hotel to anyone and never ever think of going there again even if I'm offered a free stay! I don't consider this hotel to be a 5 star, I've stayed in better 3 star hotels.

Room Tip: All the floors and rooms have seepage and a strong musty smell.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
guestname, Front Office Manager at The Accord Metropolitan, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to fill out your remarks during your stay with us in trip advisor. I have carefully read your feedback and experience during your stay in our hotel. I regret the inconvenience you have been put through and please accept our apologies. I would like to answer your question as given below in points.

Point 1 – Room was bad - Since the complaint is in general and dates like Arrival or Departure was not mentioned and It took lot of time to locate your name or find your name or room number in the Room divison log but it was vain and our HMS is also not featuring the name as mentioned in trip advisor. I checked for the past 15days of records of room transfers and no such room tranfers happen in 10th floor or anyother floor also no compalint is registered in front desk log as mentioned.

Point 2 – The room windows are double glazed and inside the room you will listen only minimum decimals.

Point 3 - Breakfast – We have extensive buffet breakfast caters for Continental / Indian / Chinese / South Indian / from live kitchen we serve Dosa / Poori Bhaji / Paratas. Our chefs and service associates are empowerd to cater as per guest request if the guest wants anything apart from the menu. Our buffet menu consists of sixteen hot vegetarian dishes and salads / cut furits / canned fruits / five fresh juice & milk shakes / breads / cold soup

Point 3 – I am happy to note that you had recommended staffs are friendly and this will certainly motivate them to do their job much better. If we may be of further assistance please contact the undersigned at your convenience. We will look forward to hearing from you and hope that you will afford us the opportunity to stay with us next business trip.

Thanks & Regards

R.Ravi Shankar
Front Office Manager
The Accord Metropolitan Hotel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

This is the best hotel you can ever find in Chennai. The service is superb and the rooms are clean.The staff are very welcoming and one person who makes a lot of difference is Mr.Ravishankar whose PR is second to none.My family and I had a very bad experience with a local tour agency ( WELCOME TOUR agency -avoid this tour agency at all cost ! ) but upon checking into Accord , we have quickly forgotten all our pain and suffering.The Season's restaurant staff especially Uthaya and Purushotaman made us feel great and deserve due credit.This is one hotel you should at least give a try.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I happened to stay at the accord metropolitan sometime time last week and was very impressed with the property and service. What impressed me most was when i booked a friend in last week, i was asked if there was any special likes or dislikes. i said sushi without even thinking if the hotel had a Japanese restaurant, and forgot about it. I was pleasantly surprised to know that the hotel went that extra mile to offer my guest sushi and that too complimentary. small gesture but made a big difference.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Accord Metropolitan? Share your experiences!