“Hospitality @ world standards! :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of E Hotel

You added E Hotel to your Saves list
E Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Express Avenue Mall, Gate # 1, Pattulos Road | Royapettah, Anna Salai (Mount Road), Chennai (Madras) 600002, India   |
Ranked #8 of 338 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
“Hospitality @ world standards! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed at the Ehotel for the fifth time for a wedding in Chennai and they did not disappoint. We had booked 6 rooms and Sanjiv the front desk in charge was really efficient and sincere.The staff over all are incredibly friendly and helpful - they made my stay wonderful. They went out of their way to make me comfortable. While in the middle of the city with loads of traffic, the hotel is quiet...n a great location to shop!

The reason I am writing this review is cause my mother while vacating left about 35600 RS in a cover behind. She realised it later on in the evening she had misplaced it. When a staff from our office returned to find out if she left it in the hotel. The hotel staff had found it and handed it over to the reception and we got the money back. I was shocked by the honesty of the staff. Thank you so much.

The rooms were elegant, well maintained. The sleep quality was excellent. I would definitely come back...:) :) :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
GauravGuptaGM, General Manager at E Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read your highly appreciated review of the staff and hotel. Your appreciation has been conveyed to Sanjiv with my personal note. It is very motivating to hear that our guests are satisfied with our services.The growth we are experiencing is because of guests like you who are always supporting us. I hope that we will continue to earn your praise in our future service.
Thank you for your support. E Hotel Team is looking forward to welcoming you again. In the meantime please join our social network for updates.

Gaurav Gupta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My mum and I stayed at the E-Hotel for her US visa interview. The Hotel was excellent. The staff were extremely helpful and never once made you feel obliged to tip. The rooms were top notch with a very modern, colorful decor. The hotel is attached to a mall and the mall provides a great way to kill time without having to step out into the heat. It was easy to fill up the spare time here. The hotel was also quite close to both the US Visa scanning and interview offices. It took us under 10 mins to reach both places via taxi. The only relative downside was that they serve only vegetarian food and it was quite pricey. Also, breakfast was not included with the room. I would definitely come back here again. Actually, I'm already planning to bring my wife here for a short break. A classy hotel plus convenient shopping. I know she'll love it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors. You can get a good view of the city.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We would like to Thank you for your patronage. Glad that you like the ambience, rooms and mall connectivity. Like many other guests the hotel’s location has been a convenient access to consulate. I have shared your comments with our team members.

Thank you once again for your time & we look forward to your next visit. Please join our social network for E Hotel updates.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed with my family on my first visit to Chennai & E hotel and it's staffs made a good impression, We enjoyed our stay there, friendly hotel staff, we were well treated and assisted us in all our needs both hotel related and other personal needs, shopping complex was as good as the hotel with branded products, nice environment
Good location
Breakfast was good

We had some problem with one of the room door, it's was immediately attended and rectified to our comfort...
Thanks to the hotel maintenance staff...
Special thanks to hotel management for making our stay a memorable one...

Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at E Hotel with your family. We are very delighted to get complimented and appreciated on food & service. Your comments on the service provided by our staff are very motivating and will help everyone to reach their potential.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We would look forward to serving you again. Please join our social network for E Hotel updates.

Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Its my first time staying here and to be honest my sister and i were really amazed with the hotel.. not to mention the room.. was a little dissapointed that i only booked for 1 night. anyway will definitely come back again to the hotel.. the staffs were great and polite.. kudos to all of them

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Appreciate your valuable comment on Tripadvisor. It is nice to read that you enjoyed the stay at E with your sister. We hope both of you have an extended stay during your next visit & will be able to enjoy the amenities connected to the hotel’s luxurious mall.
Thank you for your time & we hope that you visit us very soon. In the interim please join our social network for E Hotel updates.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I was in Chennai for my US visa interview, and this hotel is in the close proximity of the visa application center and the US consulate. It's conveniently located inside the iconic Express Avenue mall and I really enjoyed my two days stay in this hotel. The best part is that the mall is easily accessible from the hotel and you can wander inside the mall till late night or watch movies without worrying about your trip back to your place of stay. The rooms were elegant, well maintained and service staffs were courteous and sincere in their job. The sleep quality was excellent. The complimentary breakfast was decent with South Indian and continental varieties (but not great). I was surprised to see only fruit juices and chocolates inside the minibar, but no alcohol. If you want to grab a chilled beer after a hot day's work, there is no way right now. The free wifi is available on demand via recharge coupons; mine got over after 24hrs and I was too lazy to request for a new one for the second day. It would be nice if they can provide the user id and password to access the wifi network while checking in, instead of using the recharge coupon on demand. This is a 100% veg hotel and if you can’t live without non-veg, no worries, there are many options available in the mall’s food court. Overall, my stay was pleasant and I would any day recommend this place to my acquaintances.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Greetings!

We are delighted to get recommended and to read that you had a completely satisfying stay. Like many other guests the E Hotel’s location in city centre has been convenient for your visa interview. Your suggestion regarding the Wi-Fi access is well taken & apologize for the inconvenience.
It was a pleasure serving you. Thank you for your time & we look forward to your next visit.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. This is a high standard 4 star hotel with very good service and friendly staffs. Newly built and great value for money. Nice ambiance, good service and comfortable rooms. Since this is first time to visit Chennai, my group has not much info about Chennai but from the info given by the duty manager and the front desk staffs made us easy for shopping. Hotel is located in a convenient place for shopping area, Just 2 km from many popular textile stores, such as Kumuran's, RMKV, Saravanas, Nalli Silks and Porthy's and near to T Nagar. The management and staff went beyond our expectations. I will definitely choose E hotel if I plan to visit Chennai again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at E Hotel. Appreciate your choice to stay in E Hotel, located in mall & noted that you have gained access to shopping zone due to hotel’s proximity. We are happy that we were able to meet your expectations & as you have remarked as value for money. I have conveyed your appreciation to my team.

We look forward to your next visit to the city. Please join our social network for E Hotel updates.

lyon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one week for wedding shopping . The hotel is situated in Express Avenue Mall very practical for Shopping in T nagar for silk sarees and also all Major brands are available in the Mall . They have parking for cars and well guarded . The restaurant is vegetarian only but clean and well serviced. The personel is very caring and and front office Fruitilda was very helpful and duty manager Anbumani was so attentive and helpful .

Room Tip: Try the suite .Hotel is moderately priced and very centrally located.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patronage & review on Tripadvisor. Nice to hear that the service was satisfactory & like many other guests you have benefitted from staying in a Mall hotel. Your feedback has been conveyed to Frutilda & Anbu, also to other members in the team.

Thank you once again & Please join our social network for E Hotel updates. Look forward to welcoming you during your next visit.

Gaurav Gupta

Been to E Hotel? Share your experiences!