“Great food and nice (quiet) ambience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fusion 9

Fusion 9
2nd Floor, Aruna Centre | 144-145 Sterling Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai (Madras), India
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #420 of 3,825 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Excellent restaurant with Charming staff a couple of Floors below Mainland China Restaurant in the same building. Great value executive lunch, varied cuisine, educated polite helpful staff, owner from the UK sitting in the restaurant always keeping control. In short, World Class, First Class.
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great food and nice (quiet) ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We went there for a team dinner on a friday. The sitting was comfortable and the menu had a good number of options. The quality of food and service was great and we had a good time.
Before going there we had already explored the other restaurants in the same building- however found this one most comfortable and relaxing.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chennai, india
“Nice Ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

For not a 5 star tag, this restaurant deserves the credit for still being so 5 star. Value for money, superb flawless service, very reasonably priced, extremely yummy italian too. Besides choice of other Cuisines also. The set up is well done wherein the talks and chats of closeby tables is not there. Lively for sure. Alcohol beverages being served also is a big bonus inspite of a stand alone restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Great Drinks and Groovy Ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Fusion 9 offers you a good variety in drinks, and the cocktails are classy and strong. Food is good but a bit expensive. I liked the ambiance and the drinks, which made up for the not-so-amazing food. Music is loud, but then that's how a pub should be.

One dislike though- They had TV on!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Mixed Feeling”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Went to this restaurant with high hopes amidst heavy rain..the reception and assistance to find a place was good..but the food was below normal..fusion menu..but badly presented..waiters always on the lookout to take menu cards without even asking the guests..sizzlers placed without serving spoons....horrible loud music was played due to a birthday party...hope the experience would improve in future

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chennai (Madras), India
“Another Mixed feeling affair !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Was hosting a surprise party for a friend here last night and after reading the mixed reviews I had mixed feeling before I entered ,.Sadly I came out with the same mixed feeling.The prime reason I chose this place was- It was new for us and it served alcohol as well. So made prior reservation and ordered a cake in advance. They give only Vanilla Cake as complimentary and are apprehensive if you bring your own cake.
Service:
As we step in -no smiling faces and no one cares a damn to attend us-no one at the gate to direct us ! The Lift and the lobby area on the ground floor is probably the ugliest place I have seen in a Hotel compound- tattered sofa , broken tiles and ugly lifts to reach Fusion 9. [ I am assuming the Hotel is taking care of these places] Anyway I manage to get a seat , which I did not like, later requested a passing waiter to give us the couch seating which we eventually got. I like that !Again they forget us .I observed the staff was very lethargic not wanting to do anything but wander. So again I called up and asked for water . Again they forget about the Menu card, had to repeatedly ask for it.
Food & Beverage
Bar Menu is very good, and ordered Hell Bird, LIIT, Mojito > Hell Bird is a winner and made me high in few gulps. LIIT was good. For starters ordered a Mezze Platter , Thai Fish Cakes, Thai Paneer dish , very Nice presentation of food-quite Masterchefy and tasted pretty good.For Main Course Latino Marinated Lamb Chops -quite good, Methi Malai Platter - Very nice and sumptous , Cajun Marinated Jumbo Prawns. There were few more dishes which I canot recall .These dishes were good as well. Each item is only for one serving and I found the portions are quite less. I believe the dishes are more of a presentation than a satiating food, which is why we had to order so much of food for just 4 persons .To drown the food ordered a Pomegranate Based drink which was soothing, beer and another round of Hell bird and by now we are done.

Price: Sky high ! All the above was nearly 8000 ! Now the reason I have mixed feeling is :1 Lack of service even though its a weekday and very few people to eat , 2: The lobby area as well as the restaurant walls , which were chipped and I could see wear and tear in the couches. Menu Cards were dirty and edges worn out with usage - for the super premium prices they have I could expect a better looking folder than a cheap menu card. 3: Portions are too less , even for one person.

The things that saved the restaurant from my mixed-to-bad feeling are the drinks , the taste and presentation of food. If i talk money It makes me cry !

Why should you go ? Drinks with few bites Yes definitely ! I can say Must go
Full course Meal with heavy appetite ? : Carry a fat wallet.
*Plus you dont have an eye for the small things like chipped walls ,dirty lift and lobby.
For lax in service - I dont know if they are always like this

• Visited July 2013