“leela palace chennai dec 2015” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Leela Palace Chennai

You added The Leela Palace Chennai to your Saves list
The Leela Palace Chennai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   M.R.C Nagar, R.A. Puram | Adyar, Chennai (Madras) 600028, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Breakfast & WiFi Offer
Ranked #1 of 341 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
sweden
“leela palace chennai dec 2015”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

nice hotel in general. excellent restaurants and breakfast excellent selection for everything. we felt like there were waaaay too many people in the front lobby in suits, making it feel a bit stressed. although we got everything we needed, there was a sense of lonliness maybe because it was so big and marbley. felt a bit cold. and in warm south india, thats not a good thing. bar was nice, again has everything but lacking some warmth i guess is the only thing i can summarize it as. all the staff were efficient and helpful. there isn't much to do within walking distance. taxi required or a rickshaw if you're willing :) pool was gorgeous.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Polish first
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel was outstanding. The view on one side was still showing the effects of the tsunami but the bay view. Ah. The staff was great. The room perfect. The service was the best I've seen I a month. The hotel room had a view of the Bay of Bengal. Beautiful when the sun came up. It is centrally located. Not too far from the airport.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Imagine yourself indulge in a palace and became prince of India

This hotel detail decor is second to none, the best i ever had ever

You can own the swimming pool in the morning for yourself like a prince of tamil nadu

Food was excellent, bit expensive to india standard .. But you are a prince :-)

Free wifi and free Laundry everyday (4 pcs) surely very useful.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Leela_Chennai, General Manager at The Leela Palace Chennai, responded to this review, yesterday

Greetings from The Leela Palace, Chennai.

Thank you for taking the time to write such extensive and positive comments on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and the overall experience was very positive is very encouraging and a great source of motivation for all of us.

It is always gratifying to receive such wonderful comments. I have shared your feedback and appreciation with the entire team and they are delighted to know you have enjoyed your stay.

We all graciously await your return to The Leela Palace Chennai in the not too distant future

Kochi (Cochin), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had promised to my family that I will take them for few days stay at The Leela Palace Chennai and they too were eager to spend our Chennai vacation there. But due to some booking problem we had to opt for another one. But I have decided to book one month in advance for our next trip. The days I stayed there are memorable, the hospitality, the cuisines, the overall ambiance, I am just waiting for my next trip with my family.

Room Tip: Not just the room, visit all restaurants for authentic cuisines
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Greetings from The Leela Palace, Chennai.

The team at The Leela Palace Chennai joins me in thanking you for choosing to stay with us and planning your family visit. we all look forward to your return soon....

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My global business travel schedule is extensive and i must say the Leela Palace is truly a home away from home. I stay quite frequently at this luxury property. I have also experienced almost all of the true 5 Stars in the city. Hands down my best overall experience and preferred property in Chennai...and one of my favorites in all my travels.

The staff and service are excellent; the rooms with all amenities are opulent (as is the entire property;) and the food options are outstanding. Noteworthy attention to detail (my room is always prepared exactly with my past preferences - from the duvet to amenities) and the tranquility afforded here despite the metropolitan cacophony is ultra rare.

While you can't go wrong with any room, I would suggest one sea facing and the higher floors for absolute serenity...if you can spring for it, the corner suites are fantastic.
Great gym! I've also used the newly opened Spa and would highly recommend it.

Frankly, there is little i can critique...maybe that the gym doesn't have windows or views is about all!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Leela_Chennai, General Manager at The Leela Palace Chennai, responded to this review, 4 days ago

Greetings from The Leela Palace, Chennai.

It is always gratifying to receive such wonderful comments. I have shared your feedback and appreciation about your preferences were taken care with the entire team and they are delighted to know you have enjoyed your stay.

The team at The Leela Palace Chennai joins me in thanking you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your return soon....

Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The Leela was perfect from A-Z. (You get what you pay for). Starting from the Pick up Service from the Airport, the warm welcome at the Hotel, the spacious room with Sea View, (Cleanliness: perfect!), the Pool & the Garden, the fantastic breakfast and lots of small things like the daily newspaper haning at the door in the morning or the helpful concierges helping with anything. I enjoyed my stay truly. But I must note also that it is a kind of a "golden cage" and to enjoy you stay you must accept that someone's always hovering in the back to be of any assistance. (I know that not all folks like that).
And note also that to get into the city center you'll always need a Limousine or a Taxi. (Time to Center aprox 20 min). You cant walk around outside of the hotel.

Room Tip: My Room in the 9th floor facing the Sea was nice & Quiet
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Leela_Chennai, General Manager at The Leela Palace Chennai, responded to this review, 3 days ago

Greetings from The Leela Palace, Chennai.

Your appreciation about the Airport pickup,spacious and clean rooms,pool & garden, all facilities, Breakfast offerings, staff attitude and your overall experience is very encouraging and a great source of motivation for all of us.

It is always gratifying to receive such wonderful comments. I have shared your feedback with the entire team and we are delighted to know you have enjoyed your stay.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Have been to this much talked about property of The Leela chain in April, on a business trip. Grand lobby decorated impeccably with flowers and antiques spoke refreshingly and elegantly - yes it is a palace hotel!
We were seemingly large group of people arrived before standard check-in time, so there gone the requests of early check-in from all the corners. The way reception had professionally and most effectively managed it, had left another first impression- a palatial hotel with 'anything for the guests' attitude.
Being a business conference trip, couldn't get much time to explore this grand property, however, whatever I've seen, impressed me by the details and efforts being put in, the décor, politeness of the staff and quick services.
View from sea side rooms is the best to experience here. You can see people walking on the beach. famous Marina beach is also not far from the hotel.
The spa ESPA is great to visit if you are here. spacious, calm, very well equipped, and organized by a well trained team. I loved the Jacuzzi pool at ESPA after spa session. Couldn't visit the pool but heard many colleagues talking good about it.
Overall, a great property to be at, and to feel the palatial luxury.

Room Tip: sea side room have best view
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Greetings from The Leela Palace, Chennai.

Your appreciation about the Hotel,decor,SPA and all facilities,staff attitude and your overall experience is very encouraging and a great source of motivation for all of us.However,sorry to note that we could not exceed your expectation on Value and Service ratings.

Chengappa

Been to The Leela Palace Chennai? Share your experiences!