“Fantastico!! (That's Italian for fantastic)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Haven Sampoona,

Haven Sampoona,
Near Gurunanak College, Near Besantnagar Bustand | Velachery & Besantnagar, Chennai (Madras), India
+91 99 62 082082
Improve this listing
Ranked #227 of 2,483 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A very good place for dining for all and especially the die hard vegetarians. Our philosophy is to provide very good and fresh food to our customers . Also provide very good work environment to our associates .
Chennai (Madras), India
“Fantastico!! (That's Italian for fantastic)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I visit this place mainly for the love of Italian pastas. Although this place serves variety of other food like North Indian, South Indian thali, Chinese etc., in my opinion, pastas are one of the finest made dishes. They have lot of variety and about two pages of the menu are dedicated to different varieties of Pastas. However, I think they can expand their pasta offering by “Indianizing” the pastas for those guests who crave for that extra bit of Indian spiciness in whatever they eat. Unfortunately, the Chef’s way of making pasta spicy is through adding more and more chilli flakes. Pity!!
This is my second visit to the place with my office friends. Earlier the place was under partial renovation, but with renovation completed guests can enjoy their food with greater comfort. Interiors of the restaurant although new, are still standard and not as appealing. I wish they experimented with various interior concepts like, Dabha style seating etc.
Staff’s attitude is friendly and generally accommodative of guest’ request.
The flip side is the high prices, a soup, a starter (shared among 3) and a plate of pasta each took the bill to a little north of Rs.370 per head which dosent make it a very good bargain for money. So I would recommend visiting the restaurant for some occasions and not just for general lunch outs.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Haven-Veg, Manager at Haven Sampoona,, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Karthik,

At the outset I wish to express my sincere thanks to you , for taking the time to give us a wonderful review. I haste to add my apologies for not having thanked you immediately and doing it so very late. We at Haven hope you visit us often and give us a chance to serve you as many times as you can dine with us :).

Chennai (Madras), India
“Haven Sampoorna - Besant Nagar - Prime Location, Good Ambience, Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am always intrigued at why Haven Sampoorna is not as crowded as I expect given the quality of food and location. Located around 100 m from the Besant Nagar bus stand and around 300 m from the beach, this restaurant in my opinion offers the best value for money and time I have been multiple times to Haven Sampoorna Besant Nagar and have never been disappointed till date.

A pure veg restaurant offers a wide cuisine of South Indian and North Indian(though personally I have had more of North Indian menu items)

I find the ambience good and the best part is the lack of crowd .. which is important to me as I dont want to feel cramped in a waiting area perenially waiting for my name to be called and noise all around.

Kudos to the management and hope they continue the same standard.

Cons - Sometime the overzealous table cleaners tend to remove the plates and clear the table before your liking. Maybe the management can train them to ask the Patrons before clearing.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We went there as a group of 8 people and we were seated in 5 seconds flat. They have superior service , wonderful taste ,and a soothing and peaceful ambience . The beverages were served cutely with sparkling ice cubes [they were actually small cubes of light] . It had the perfect value for money. I highly recommend Haven for a beautiful experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
HI,

You will never fathom the joy we derive from reading such wonderful reviews. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feelings. Appreciate it a lot. Hope to see you at Haven often.

Chennai (Madras), India
“Excellent Customer Service & Quality Food - Value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I visited this restaurant way back in 2010, that time it was very tiny (I mean it....) but we felt so comfortable....the first thing you notice around the walls that emphasizes the importance of being a vegetarian. Second, the seating...I was quite amazed whether it is really possible to fit in that much of rows ( they had 12 tables I guess..) and of the all the service....I am really happy that the guys who serve were there during 2010 are still there...

I bet you will have total fun be it having a party with your friends or a family dine the atmosphere is so good....Now they had expanded and you get to see a lot of space with aesthetic furniture and good lighting...

To mention you get all sorts of food be it Continental, Italian, South Indian, North Indian you get nice food with rich taste...

Its a good place to go for weekend dinners...

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
HI Balaji,

Please accept my sincere thanks for your generous comments and apologies for responding so very belatedly. Comments from guests like you gives more meaning and purpose to me and my team to ensure we strive hard to make you feel the same or better every time you visit. Thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts in this forum. Appreciate it. Hope to see you here often.

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Good but costly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I found the name very different as i was expecting it to be Heaven. Food was very tasty, quantity was also enough, neat n clean place with decent sitting arrangements. Costly but one can ignore if he is willing to get good taste.

• Visited March 2013