“Good hospitality which can be improved to the level of 'great'” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai

You added Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   531 GST Road | St. Thomas Mount, Chennai (Madras) 600016, India   |
Ranked #13 of 338 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good hospitality which can be improved to the level of 'great'”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Overall a good and comfortable stay with friendly and 'always eager to help' staff. They even gave me an extension upto 6:15 pm for check out without charging anything extra.
Some areas of improvement which could catapult it to a rating of '5 Star' would be as follows:
The cookies kept in the room were half eaten (giving an impression that someone has taken a bite from it). It was coupled with the broken seal of the complementary bottled water kept in the room which was not filled upto the top mark.
The food certificate/license kept in the information folder of the room was expired (it expired in 2012 while I stayed here in Oct 2013). I know that they must have surely got the certificate/license renewed but keeping an expired certificate/license is better than not keeping it at all.

Room Tip: You may choose a room overlooking Swimming pool. Avoid room near the club.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback on the Trip Advisor on your recent stay at our hotel. I will convey the positive aspects of your stay to the team who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations every time you stay with us and truly demonstrate our service philosophy “Yes I Can !”

I have also noted the issues you have highlighted with concern and will ensure that corrective action is taken as soon as possible.

We look forward to welcome you back and assure you our best services at all times.

Best regards,

Sr. Vice President

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

I had a very good stay at the hotel. The check in was extremely comfortable as the formalities were dealt with during the limousine transfer offered by the hotel. The room was very well appointed and service was excellent. The hotel staff are friendly and courteous and I would highly recommend the hotel to transit travellers. The hotel is very good for business guests, if the distance from the city centre is not an issue.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Sir,

We are thrilled to see your positive feedback on the Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations every time you stay with us and truly demonstrate our service philosophy “Yes I Can !” .

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was my third stay in a Radisson or Radisson affiliated hotel in the past six weeks and there is no complaint I can genuinely make.Their Kebab factory is a "Must Try!!"
They went the extra mile to help with whatever I needed done and with whatever problems I may have encountered.

• Stayed October 2013

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was our second time at this Radisson, the last one was in May 2012. What can I say, no words would do justice to describe this hotel-still,let me try. Apart from a slight hiccup while checking in, this part of our Chennai trip was the best.Including an additional day in our itinerary(upon my husband's insistence) to stay here was a good idea after all.

Love their cozy rooms albeit a tad smaller than the usual 5 star hotel rooms, their extraordinary service and sumptuous breakfast which included both continental and south Indian breakfast options.The housekeeping staff was so sincere that he insisted on cleaning our room though we excused him-in 30 mins he had to clean three rooms before we returned to ours and to say that he managed it would be an understatement.And ofcourse,this review wouldnt be complete without mentioning one of their restaurants 'the Great Kebab Factory', which is worth a visit in itself.

What amused us most was one of the managers we had met during our first visit remembered us, even the seats we sat at for the Garden cafe breakfast! One of the transport managers even accompanied us to drop us at the airport.Talk about Customer Relationship management.

You have yet again floored us,Radisson. Hope this level of commitment to your customers endures the test of time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai, responded to this review, October 29, 2013

India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The best thing about this hotel (and Trident also) is the location. Just 5 minutes drive to the airport . They also provide complimentary airport pickup and drop. Remember to use this service.

Meal at The Great Kebab Factory is amazing as always.

Though I was in a single room, I had twin beds (which is strange) and I found the beds small. So if you are opting for a single room, make sure to ask for kingsize bed. Only petite business travellers to opt for twin beds.

Dear Sir,

I noticed your concern on the twin beds for a Single occupancy. Usually , we allot only King size bed for singles unless we are sold out and we are not able to manage the King size bed while check-in. Nevertheless, I have asked my team to be more sensitive on this aspect.

Elgin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was my second visit within a month the staff and quality of service is outstanding and the Spa service the same for a short stop from the airport to be transported into great care and comfort this will always be my next stop in Chennai

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying in Radisson Blu,Where we had our company's Road show held on 21st of Oct 2013.Its the ideal place for staying.A very good hospitality,A luxury Breakfast with varities of food..It was a Great Experience!!! I strongly recommend Radisson Blu for their outstanding service....

Mobile: 9840741379

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai? Share your experiences!