“Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   531 GST Road | St. Thomas Mount, Chennai (Madras) 600016, India   |
Special Offer
Up to 30% off
Ranked #9 of 337 hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed in Radisson for almost 2 weeks and it has been my first business trip alone and it was also my first time in India.

The check-in was a breeze, the portman was very helpful and even informed me of the stuff in my room. All the staff were very nice and warm, making me feel at home.

I am not really an Indian food lover but i tried their room service Indian food and all was good. The only thing is, when I order for breakfast already, and I order specifically Lumber Jack breakfast, I usually don't get the full set, like sometimes the platter of fruits are missing, etc. I didn't bother to call back again since it will only just take up my time.

The buffet breakfast in The Garden Cafe, however, has many choices. I really am full during having breakfast there and it's the reason I skip lunch. Just nice.

After a day of work, it feels great to be at my room and rest. During the weekend, I tried the spa in Bodhi Spa, and it was indeed very relaxing. That night I had the massage, I was having a good night sleep.

The only thing that bothers me is, the electricity keeps on getting off daily. Then it will make the room hot though the aircon is on.

Overall, its a good place to stay when in Chennai.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Sir,

We are thrilled to see your positive feedback on the Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations every time you stay with us and truly demonstrate our service philosophy “Yes I Can !” .

We have also noted your comments on In-room dining and electricity outages and will take corrective action.

708 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 days.

Very Comfortable Stay. The rooms are nice and comfortable, though the corridor ACs were not working and it was hot and stuffy in the corridors.

Proximity to Airport is a plus for business visits. Could reach the airport easily in under 10 minutes in the early morning hours, thus allowing an extra half hour worth of precious sleep.

good food and hospitable staff.

Cosy bar at the Gallup.

overall a nice and good place for a business visit.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Hotel is about 40 minutes outside of central Chennai but very close (just under 10 mins) to the Airport.
Staff are very friendly and welcoming, food is good - you have to have a meal in the Great Kabab Kitchen!
Bed was really comfortable, and room was quiet.
Had a treatment in the spa, therapist was very good.
If you can stand the heat outside the pool is fantastic to cool off in, most people sit in the shade.
Overall a very plesant stay.

Room Tip: You are close to the Airport but the rooms are well insulated so the noise of aircraft is minimal.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Was on a official trip to Chennai and stayed here for a week. Nice hotel with comfortable rooms and good location. Food is ok and you can get north indian taste which you rarely find in Chennai. Breakfast have lots of option. Overall worth staying

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

very warm and friendly staff. best in class. hotel is an old building and requires to be done-up. doesnt give a contemporary look. like the lift, for instance is very old fashioned, the furniture inside the room like the set-top box, bath tub was repaired one which is unacceptable, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

We have noted your comments on the conditions and we are happy to tell you that we have embarked on a massive refurbisment and you will be amazed with the facilities the next time.

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have stayed here couple of times, I mostly do a morning evening run to Chennai. The best thing about this hotel is the Airport transfer and their Airport Co ordinator (Both the times it was Durga Rao) makes sure that you will have the comfirtable stay at the property. The departure services is a great initiative which Radisson Blu has started and it ensures the smooth check in at Chennai's new departure terminal. Food and other services are also very good.

Dear Mr Chetan

Pune
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed 2 rather unusualy uncomfotable nights at the Radisson by the Airport in Chennai, In June-13,. The check-in, the reception etc all are very good, however the odd part is the room Aircon system.

It is preset by the Hotel at 22 deg C, and There was no way I could change it to my comfort level.22 was hot for me at that time of the year and I didnt quite get to sleep at all.

Strangely, The Hotel staff didnt have a solution too.

Hopefully they find a way out soon. till such time, maybe anothe r place to stay in Chennai for me..

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback on the Trip Advisor on your recent stay at our hotel.

I have noted the issues you have highlighted on the air conditioning with concern and will ensure that corrective action is taken as soon as possible.

We look forward to welcome you back and assure you our best services at all times.

Best regards,

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai? Share your experiences!