“Great people employed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai

Expedia.com Booking.com
Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   531 GST Road | St. Thomas Mount, Chennai (Madras) 600016, India   |
Special Offer
Sizzling Weekend Affairs
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
“Great people employed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

very warm and friendly staff. best in class. hotel is an old building and requires to be done-up. doesnt give a contemporary look. like the lift, for instance is very old fashioned, the furniture inside the room like the set-top box, bath tub was repaired one which is unacceptable, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Sir,

We are thrilled to see your positive feedback on the Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations every time you stay with us and truly demonstrate our service philosophy “Yes I Can !” .

We have noted your comments on the conditions and we are happy to tell you that we have embarked on a massive refurbisment and you will be amazed with the facilities the next time.

658 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have stayed here couple of times, I mostly do a morning evening run to Chennai. The best thing about this hotel is the Airport transfer and their Airport Co ordinator (Both the times it was Durga Rao) makes sure that you will have the comfirtable stay at the property. The departure services is a great initiative which Radisson Blu has started and it ensures the smooth check in at Chennai's new departure terminal. Food and other services are also very good.

Dear Mr Chetan

Pune
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed 2 rather unusualy uncomfotable nights at the Radisson by the Airport in Chennai, In June-13,. The check-in, the reception etc all are very good, however the odd part is the room Aircon system.

It is preset by the Hotel at 22 deg C, and There was no way I could change it to my comfort level.22 was hot for me at that time of the year and I didnt quite get to sleep at all.

Strangely, The Hotel staff didnt have a solution too.

Hopefully they find a way out soon. till such time, maybe anothe r place to stay in Chennai for me..

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback on the Trip Advisor on your recent stay at our hotel.

I have noted the issues you have highlighted on the air conditioning with concern and will ensure that corrective action is taken as soon as possible.

We look forward to welcome you back and assure you our best services at all times.

Best regards,

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

One of the best business hotels I have been to. Eye for detail in all aspects of hospitality is truly comendable. Neat ,clean rooms with super fast internet. Breakfast served in coffee shop is true delight. I will surely recommend the hotel for stay in Chennai.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Mr Kapil

Jodhpur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is situated very close to the airport and is very modern, with International standards. The buffet dinner they serve is excellent with a choice of International cuisine .The spa is very good. The staff is very very friendly and polite.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have a better view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mr Raghubana

New Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I really liked this hotel during my one-night stay for business. The location is convenient - near the airport - as it helps in easy access instead of being caught in downtown traffic jams if one has rush-hour flights. And my rent included complimentary airport transfers as well, which was good.

I think they only have two floors and my room didn't have a great view but not a big issue for me though.

Although the room wasn't too big, it felt cosy - mainly because of the ambience around - lot of wood in the room and the corridors, something which one misses in modern day hotels that have more steel furniture. The bed had side curtains!!

I liked the fact that they have a full massage chair in the room although I didn't have time to use their spa despite being offered 15 minute free foot massage and some discounts in the spa. However, must say, found their spa massage prices are a bit too steep.

The service was excellent and the food was very good. Noteworthy is the fact that they chef - who makes your in-room meal - sends a signed card to acknowledge that he/she made the meal.
Even the guy who prepared your bathroom leaves a signed card there, which is quite an interesting idea. However, I am not sure how many visitors would like the idea of having body gel and shampoo filled in pump bottles for one to press and use instead of having small individual bottles, I didn't mind it though as seemed a good way to conserve plastic bottles and waste of gels etc.

They also have an in-room shopping menu if you forget your batteries, diapers, socks etc, or even want to buy Radisson towels and bathrobes, which I found for the first time in any hotel.

The breakfast place also had a old heritage kind of feel with nice comfy chairs and reasonably good food.

Only complaint is the limited number of channels they have - news, music etc I mean English channels. I couldn't visit their Kebab factory or their other joints there - maybe next time.

I would surely stay in Radisson Blu next time I visit Chennai.

Dear Mr Santan

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Proximity to the airport and a complimentary airport pick & drop prompted me to select the Radisson Blu over The Trident, which is in the same neighbourhood.
The experience began at the airport itself, when the chauffeur handed me the checkin forms and the room keycard!
The lobby itself was a bit small, but the staff was extremely warm and courteous, which was a big BIG positive. My travel companion asked for a hard bed - his request was promptly serviced.
The room was spacious, but I did find the antique wardrobe a bit out of place. Despite this the room gave an extremely comforting, warm and cozy feeling. A few complimentary chocolates and fruit gave a nice touch to the whole experience.
We had dinner at the The Great Kebab Factory, which was excellent and delectable.
Breakfast the next morning was again great - a nice variety of conventional and exotic fruits, cold cuts and cheeses was on offer. I was pleasantly surprised to see an oriental spread also on offer - congee, sushi and noodles!
Overall it was a pleasant stay at the Radisson Blu!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
vikramcotah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai, responded to this review, June 19, 2013

Mobile: 9840741379

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel GRT Chennai? Share your experiences!