“Refreshing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai

You added Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai to your Saves list
Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Binny Road, Chennai (Madras) 600002, India (Nungambakkam)   |
Ranked #19 of 341 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Delhi, India
“Refreshing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The quiet hotel with spacious rooms and friendly staff is a delight after a long journey/ long day at work. I stay in Taj Connemara very often and is perfect for casual as well as business travellers. The gym is fully equipped, the swimming pool is beautiful and the pub is vibrant.

Room Tip: Choose the new wing..
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

And always a pleasure to stay. Things slow down and a oasis of tranquility in Chennai. Highly recommended . The pool and the central courtyard is a great place to unwind. Verandah is a great place for breakfast

• Stayed August 2013
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Hospitality was at its best in this hotel, staff so receptive to your requests. Very friendly and helpful staff members. very comfortable rooms with good amenities. There were minor problems with the shower cable but was rectified immediately. Food was excellent. Location is central as we had gone with the core objective of shopping for south indian saris on the occasion of our son's wedding, we were very happy with the close proximity to all stores. We had a great holiday-cum-purpose shopping because after a tiring day; we were so comfortable in the room with super tasting food each day.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room with garden view, it is serene to look out at the beautifully manicured green f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Middletown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

First, let me preface my review by stating that this review is for my 2-week stay at this property in 2007, but I checked with the hotel and they told me that they would love it if I wish to post a review here at TA about my stay at their hotel.

I stayed here for nearly 2 weeks in 2007; I did not choose the hotel myself, and rather, the Chennai-based company for which I was doing some consulting put me up here. I found the hotel excellent in all regards. It has Old World ambiance and charm, and the room in which I was placed was clean, well-furnished, and spacious; it even had a balcony overlooking an interior courtyard garden!

I ate a number of meals, particulalry breakfast, at the hotel, and the breakfast meal, which had a buffet available, was great, because it offered a good selection from American-type breakfast foods (i.e., eggs, bacon, sausage, hot cereals, cold cereals, etc.) Continental breakfast foods (a much lighter fare centered around coffee or tea, and even some Indian selections as well.

All of the hotel staff whom I encountered were helpful, although I hit a minor problem with the language barrier at times, but those problems remained quite minor.

During the first day of my stay, I realized that I forgotten to pack cotton swabs (aka Q-tip cotton swabsTM) in my loggage, and, when I asked at the front desk if they knew where, in the stores near the hotel, I might be able to find cotton swabs (I even drew a picture for them, as an illustration of what I was talking about), they were not able to help me at all. I then remembered that I was in India, and that in the cities of India, almost anything you are looking for can be found by simply walking around on the sidewalks for a few minutes.

And so, I headed out to the sidewalk in the afternoon sun, and for about 15 minutes I walked around all of the sidwalks and paths near the hotel. In short order, I was approached by a young girl, a roving sidewalk vendor, carring a box of items which she was selling, and they were mostly cosmetic, aka health and beauty items. I spent a minute looking through her box, whereupon I found a large ziplock bag full of cotton swabs for a few ruppees! Much the same thing happened a few days later when I desired to read a copy of the New York Times; I simply hit the sidewalk, and, within minutes, a roving sidewalk vendor approached me and offered me current copies of each of several major US and UK newspapers!

I used the Internet-connected PCs located in the business center in the lobby a number of times during my stay, and I never had any problems with the PCs nor with the Internet connection.

Overall, if I were to visit Chennai again, I would love to once again stay in this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Taj Connemara was probably the best Taj brand hotel we have stayed in India. As we travelled throughout the country we experienced Taj hospitality in various cities but Connemaras service was Above and beyond others. I could easily say this hotel had the most informed , resourceful and. Courteous front desk. Girija, Ganeshan et al were a a class of their own. We also were greeted and assisted by the bellboys who were very helpful and went beyond their way to help our children. The restaurant open 24/7 is a god send. Our children were net lagged and were waking up at night. You could always go there and get delicious warm food or get the best room service one could expect. Like others we also enjoyed the delicious South Indian and western food at the buffet. Our waiter Baskhar was especially kind and resourceful ... Always making sure even the littlest one had their favorite dish. The Chef would come ask for feed back and adjust things to your liking. We were given large suite near the pool. One hAd to just walk out of the back door to the pool. It was beautiful, warm and clean . However there are no lifeguards . Overall we had the best time at Connemara. Truly believe its very underrated in tripadvisor . I would rate this as my #1 experience overall including location.

• Stayed August 2013
delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Has the old World charm and is located in the heart of the city. The room was spacious,elegantly decorated with all amenities for a very comfortable stay eg the rooms have a DVD player so one can catch up on some Movies in spare time. Excellent service and good food with a lavish breakfast spread,Taj Hotels are synonymous with great service - the service here was brilliant I had a huge room in that had a big bed, its own sofa, armchairs, coffee table and daily newspaper so it was great to relax there after working all day! Overall a good experience

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

It has the old country charm and is located in the heart of the city. The room was spacious, but I think the toilets can get an upgrade. Excellent service and good food. The breakfast was quite lavish. Overall a good experience....

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor and my room was big....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Vivanta by Taj - Connemara, Chennai? Share your experiences!