“Best mattress and coffee we had in India” 5 of 5 stars
Review of GRT Grand

You added GRT Grand to your Saves list
GRT Grand
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120, Sir Thyagaraya Road | T.Nagar, Chennai (Madras) 600017, India   |
Offers & Announcements
Grand Banquets Super Deal
Ranked #23 of 351 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
London, United Kingdom
“Best mattress and coffee we had in India”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

The hotel is everything you would expect at this price range. They had proper firm double mattress and good quality pillows. The air-conditioning was very quiet and efficient (unlike other places we had stayed in India). The staff from the front desk, restaurant to the concierge were friendly and efficient. May be the only negative is that the food in the restaurant are quite expensive, similar price to some of the restaurants in London. Then again again, the restaurant was packed and no one was seemed to be bothered about the price. I finally managed to get proper filter coffee in about a week in India. It is quite astonishing that despite being a coffee growing country, it is quite hard to get proper coffee in India. You have to settle for instant coffee at most places.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
ChennaiGrtgrand, General Manager at GRT Grand, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the positive feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you stay with us.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

The GRT Grand was my first stay in my 5 week travels through India. My plane landed in Chennai and I spent 4 nights here adjusting until my next city. The hotel staff were kind and courteous. They all knew my name and went out of their way to make me feel welcome. I never felt odd being a single western woman here, they made me feel safe and welcome. I used the gym and ate in the restaurants. The food is excellent and gym was good. I also used a hotel driver for the day who was kind and took good care of me taking me on tours. The room was excellent. I was on the top floor, 9, and every comfort you need is in the room. Free bottled water, free wifi, and free breakfast and airport transfers made the stay perfect.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank aschulze
ChennaiGrtgrand, General Manager at GRT Grand, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Dear Madam,

St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Hotel provides european level of service as well as sleep quality, but for european prices )) Anyway the hotel is clean, well secured, water is clean, service is very good - everyday I got my complimentary chocs and newspapers. Breakfast consists mostly of local cuisine, however some neutral food like fruits and bacon/ham is also provided. Sauna and fitness facility is really good. But they need to wash windows in rooms for sure.

1 Thank MikePlatonov
ChennaiGrtgrand, General Manager at GRT Grand, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear Sir,

I have made note of the candid feedback that you have given and would like to assure you that necessary corrections would be brought in, from our end.

Sasikumar. U
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

It is centrally located.
The breakfast has wide spread of selection.
Good gym.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms with Foot Messager
1 Thank SudiptoBangalore

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

GRT Grand is located in the heart of Chennai city easily accessible from both airport and the railway station. The rooms are good but a tad old and needs a bit of redoing. the food in both Copper Point and Azulia is good and is expensive for a meal. The quality of the food though is average and the service good.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
ChennaiGrtgrand, General Manager at GRT Grand, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

GRT Grand is a symbol of professionalism and hospitality. I feel comfortable staying at this hotel due to its location. GRTs staffs are good and takes care of very minute details to make the stay a comfortable one. I like the good collection of select short films you provide. The gym and swimming pool is also good.

Thanks for making my stay a memorable one, each time.. :)

Room Tip: Nice Business Stay!

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed in this hotel several times, it location is in T -Nagar, the central area. Hotel has incredible architecture, it reminds me those hotels of San Francisco. Rooms are very nice and spacious, other facilities like Spa, Gym everything is nice. Specially the pool area is very calm n beautiful. The food is also amazing, it has a Turkish restaurant on 2nd floor, which offers amazing music and food. The lobby area gives you the pleasant feeling. The hotel staff is very nice and efficient. I would love to visit here again and again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank yashwinder_80
ChennaiGrtgrand, General Manager at GRT Grand, responded to this review, July 27, 2011