“Excellent Decor and Service” 5 of 5 stars

The Park Chennai
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   601, Anna Salai, Chennai (Madras) 600006, India   |
Announcement
My Visa Package
Ranked #57 of 338 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Decor and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

I stayed in the hotel for 1 day. Hotel is very beautiful. Staff is very helpful. I had dinner, breakfast and lunch. All meals were delicious. I enjoyed my stay very much. I got picked up from the airport and dropped back to the airport by the hotel coach. Overall a very good stay.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

My colleagues and me were here on a 10 day long business trip and were glad we picked the Park to stay at. The rooms were clean, cosy and comfortable with the cleaning team taking special care of our preferences without being asked to. The many dining options made sure we dint have to go out of the hotel and there was something for everyone. The chef would always be around and we felt well taken care off. A colleagues birthday was made special by a surprise cake from the hotels side. The staff in all areas expecially the front desk where exceptionally courteous and friendly, not to mention helpful and went the extra mile to meet our requests.....

My 8 other colleagues join me in saying that we cant wait till our next project in Chennai to experience the hospitality at The Park!

• Liked — Food, Spa, Staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

We stayed in this hotel at the end of January. it was very expensive, but we did not get the service or quality for the top prices.

We had two rooms. In room 1: - the telephone stopped working and someone spent 20 minutes trying to fix it before bringing a second one
Room 2 - one of the phones (two in room) didn't work altogether
- fridge did not work
- television had to be mended on a number of ocassions

The decor is very fashionable, but not at all practical e.g. there is a glass sink in the bathroom, but no-where to hang your clothes or put a towel without it getting wet. The hairdryer is in the bathroom - no good as the mirror steams up during a shower.

The pool is nice, but spoilt by the fact that the changing room at that level has no shower. Showers are available in the gym upstairs, but there is barely any private changing area and marble (therefore very slippery) steps up to the jacuzzi. There is a phone in the changing area, but it was not possible to use this to call my friend's room and on one ocassion neither of the hairdrfyers was working.

Prices were very high - I paid more for a dosa then it costs in Britain and the quality wasn't great.

As you can tell we would not recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The staff were friendly and helpful
  • Disliked — The fact that the facilities and rooms did not reflect the high prices.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

India Bollywood and Kollywood flavours are beautifully blended here. While the discotheque too is a hot-spot, I had a taste of true italian style thin crust ethnic pizzas. I had stayed here so many times, and every time It grew on me.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2008

This was my second stay here and I was here for almost a week this time instead of just a couple of days. After spending more time here, I will definitely be looking elsewhere when back in Chennai in a few months.

The Park used to be trendy, but it's obvious age without any renovation work is really taking its toll. It is very worn out. Everything from the walls, to the carpet, to the furniture, to the bathroom appliances are well past their prime and most any hotel in the world would have done a renovation by now.

Having a weekend to kill here, I also found that there is really nowhere in the hotel to pass the time. The lobby is ok for waiting for guests / visitors, but you really would not want to just lounge there.

So I retreated to my room, where I found the internet to be extremely slow my entire stay. The hotel needs a fatter internet connection to service all of the rooms there.

The breakfast buffet was the highlight.

Given the prices at the hotel (food, internet, and room), they really need to invest. Until they do, I'll be looking elsewhere.

Stayed November 2008
india
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2008

it was a fine evening me and my wife entered the hotel a warm welcome for the reception then we went to room relaxed for some time then went to roof top garden there we ordered a glass of juice and then had a great dinner in the restaurent and enjoyed the nite and check out in 24 hours.it was just mind blowing stay at the hotel unforgetable stay with my wife.

• Liked — presentation
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Delhi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2008

Please whatever you do, do not stay at this hotel. you will be utterly disappointed and leave with a bitter taste in your mouth. this is a 5 star rated hotel, but upon receiving, they couldnt keep up their standard. the hotel is wet, damp, smells awful, walls bubbling, toilet leaks, they dont tell you that the buffet for dinner is only on wed, fri and sat. They promise 8hours car hire for all the days, but took us for fools by informing us its just for 1 day. we were not allowed to use our vouchers for room service and they made a fuss about it. i slipped and hit my knee badly in the tub due to not foot holding and the toilet flowed a river! the walls, tiles, grouting is moldy and stinks! we changed rooms 3 times and were exhausted so ordered room service and they made a fuss about that!!! the green park deserves to be a 5 star. the park needs to be revisted and reauditing. its a disgrace to still hold onto their 5 star rating!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Park Chennai? Share your experiences!