“Good Hotel to stay in Chennai” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ambica Empire

You added Ambica Empire to your Saves list
Ambica Empire
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   #79, 100 Feet Road | 100 Ft. Road, Vadapalani, Chennai (Madras) 600026, India   |
Ranked #153 of 338 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Good Hotel to stay in Chennai”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This Ambica Empire Hotel is situated in Vadapalani, Chennai, near famous Muruga (Subramanya Swamy Temple). For this hotel, we can give a rating average to good due to location proximity, vegetarian hotels nearby and convenience to travel. Room ambience is ok. Little more cleanliness is required, otherwise OK hotel to stay. From outside the Hotel look is marvellous.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The hotel is isn 100 feet road in vadapalani, small place but has all facility, it has 24 hours coffee shop and a regular restuarant, rooms are clean and good, the spa service here is excellent, only thing is they dont provide attached bath in spa service

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Ahmedabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on 16th Feb. 2013. The hotel is neat & clean with reasonably good size room though little overpriced. I had booked this hotel with booking.com @ 2700 + aprx. 20% tax though I was charged 30 % tax. In the early morning I was in a hurry to catch flight to Colombo & could not get satisfactory explanation for taxes charged.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I am from India but my wife is Caucasian American. We traveled to India in January 2013 with our 5 yr old to see my parents in Chennai. We stayed at this hotel out of accident. We had originally booked our stay at Radha Regent, about a mile down the road on Hundred Feet road in Chennai but due to a power outage there, my Dad changed our reservation for about 3 days here. We got a suite room given to us for a good deal, so the value was good.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The service was very prompt and WiFi is free. The password changes every 15 days, so I was on the cusp of that 15th day, so I had to request the new password once they changed it after they gave me the original one so that I could connect with my iPhone. The breakfast is free but choices are a bit limited, if you are a westerner. My choices as an Indian were enough but there was still room for improvement. My wife mostly dealt with omelettes, toast, and fruit. Omelettes were ala carte and you could request one with just cheese and tomatoes, we did so for our 5 yr. old. Boiled eggs are also available. Remember, cheese in India is the white kind, you are not going to get the yellow kind cheddar cheese easily like in the US, no matter where you eat in India. The choice of juices was limited and for those who like black coffee, they do have brewed coffee separate, so that is good.

The rooms - pillows given to us had several dirty spots, and some pillow cases too and we had to get a bunch of them replaced. For some reason, having a clean pillow case over a pillow with dirty spots did not bother house keeping. Plus, the most troubling aspect I found was that the elevators do not have sensors. Once, when I was alone and going down to the lobby, I was trying to get into an elevator that was about to close. I put my hand in and expected the door to open again sensing my hand, IT DID NOT. I immediately retracted my hand. God forbid it would have been a child attempting to do that. I noticed the elevator operators keeping both the up and down arrows pressed while letting my family into the elevator. You should not have to do that, sensors should be put in for safety reasons.

The room service was great. In India, visiting travelers need to understand that they may not always get things right the first time but their penchant for service is generally good and they will do their best to eventually get it right. A little patience goes a long way.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
colombo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Hi,

I stayed in this Hotel from 4th to 11th FEB. It is an Average hotel, but very good for the
when comparing the price. you get good and clean food. Room service for in-room dinning is good,
house keeping folks are helpful, WiFi is free.

Food is good value for money, But there is room for improvement. I suggest that they need to add more verities of food, like Pasta, Spaghetti, more verities of Sand witches and etc.

But, overall it is a Good place to stay( for the PRICE). Its little noisy because the property is located just next to a Main Road. But, Upper floors are less noisy. - Good for a short stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors are quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The lobby theme is too loud for my liking. Lot of gold paint everywhere and a huge chandelier in the center. And what's with the overwhelming smell everywhere and especially sprayed in the rooms, After sleeping the first night (well, I tried to sleep. but I'll get to that later), I got a sore throat from inhaling all that spray!

Now as regards the room, I had the executive class room, which was decent, to be fair, but it WAS FACING A HIGHWAY! The entire night all I could hear was cars and trucks and honking. Also the AC has only 1 setting - ON. So either you bear it or switch it off. And finally, the room walls are so thin that I could hear coughs and sneezes (besides a lot more) from the neighboring rooms.

Room Tip: If you havto stay here, the least you should do is stay on the side of the elevator and not opposite...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Surat, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the period Jan 3-6, 2013 on a business trip to Chennai. The stay was a nice cosy experience. The rooms were decent and clean and gave a feeling of a heritage hotel, yet equipped with all the basic amenities. The food in the restaurant was delicious with a variety of items to choose from including the healthy and wholesome South Indian dishes, that one often misses at a starred South Indian hotel. The most impressive was the hotel management, who despite me encountering a bad, unhappy PERSONAL incident during my stay at the hotel, went beyond their reach to ensure that my well being simply because it occured during the period I stayed at the hotel. The GM even called me after I reached home to ensure that everything is in order. That is something really special !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ambica Empire? Share your experiences!