“Excellent food & beverage option at park hyatt-flying elephant.excellent service by vimla verma & the international staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Chennai

You added Park Hyatt Chennai to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Chennai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   39 Velachery Road | Near Raj Bhavan, Chennai (Madras), India   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #6 of 337 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Flying elephant is the definitely the most popular,contemporary food n bevg destination in chennai.happy place n excellent service.vimal verma is an xcellent manager and is able to manage his team well and the chefs & service staff are great too.the 'gangam sty' act Is very unique and cute.the flying elephant choc cake is par excellent and extremely delicious.the valet staff is also very efficient n took care of of cars !unlike the hotel next door-westin it which was cold n bad park hyatt is the best

• Stayed June 2013
ChristianWurm, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear donnauk2013,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience at Park Hyatt Chennai and The Flying Elephant.

We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team that are dedicated to making our guests experiences truly memorable. Be assured that your mention of Vimal will be conveyed to him.

I'm pleased you enjoyed the signature chocolate cake at the Flying Elephant which indeed is a favourite among our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Christian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Although there is some inconsistency in the levels of the staff, it is impressive how Hyatt has managed to achieve a very high level of quality in the 9 months it's been open. Some of the staff were really excellent in fact.

The hotel is beautiful (similar in style to PH Seoul, Tokyo) and I found the rooms spacious and comfortable - it 'worked' for me. Rooms are also very quiet.

The spa and fitness facilities are beautiful and the rooftop pool is very nice too. Restaurants are excellent, as was breakfast.

The Flying Elephant restaurant turns into one of Chennai's hotspot clubs later at night so that's an advantage if you like that.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay here and would highly recommend it.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sinbarambam,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us.

We were pleased to hear about your positive experience at Park Hyatt Chennai.
We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and appreciate you taking the time to provide such valuable feedback. To mention that the hotel is beautiful and similar in style to Park Hyatt Seoul and Park Hyatt Tokyo makes all of us very proud.

Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Chennai in the very near future.

Candolim, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was in the team that created pary hyatt chennai........ but my visit as a guest ..... really made me feel proud of the creation we did ....... the hotel staff , food, service....... just one word ELCELLENT..............

Room Tip: CORNER SUITES............A must try for every one
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear shubdeep b,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Park Hyatt Chennai. We are delighted to read your comments and will be sure to share these with our colleagues.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Chennai.

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The Antahpura Spa is simply a cut above the cluttered spa landscape of the city. The therapists are highly trained and attentive. The whole experience from the ambiance to the treatment or for that matter a dip in the amazing freezing cold water pool always leaves me relaxed and rejuvenated every time I visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
ChristianWurm, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Rathan86,

Thank you for your comments.

We value your positive feedback about Antahpura Spa, and will be sure to share your feedback with our Spa team. Antahpura Spa at Park Hyatt Chennai offers guests indeed a blissful treat.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Antahpura Spa soon.

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

As it happens, my laptop right now is incredibly buggy – and yet I'm somehow writing this review. Few experiences would have me spend so much time just trying to upload a review, but the service here was so good I think I'd feel bad if I don't write immediately.

It's an unbeatable value (you'd get not much more than a 3-star Comfort Inn for the same price in America, and perhaps a parking space in Europe) with service I haven't experienced even at places fivefold the rate.

It's not a gaudy job like the Chola, with – as other reviewers have noted – an understated style. Food (especially at the Flying Elephant) is fantastic, and staff are incredibly friendly, and make a real attempt to know you. Parijat deserves an especial thumbs up in this regard. We were starving the night we came – also an extremely busy Friday at the Flying Elephant – and she went out of her way to make sure we had food despite the crowd and her many other commitments.

A note on the less than 5* sub-ratings. In Chennai few locations are "great", but the Park gets 4* just for being a location in and of itself. Most clubs in sleepy Chennai are closed by the time this one opens, and it has a much wider selection of drinks. I can't really comment on the children's activities, but see no reason why Park Hyatt is any different from other luxury hotels in the area.

Bottom line: I tried hard to downrank one of the ten criterion in this review, just to sound authentic. Turned out to be too hard, so I am honest instead. You will find guadier and maybe more expensive marble, perhaps, in another hotel. But if you think you have class – and not just money – Park Hyatt is where you will come. Don't disappoint.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ChristianWurm, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear AR95,

Thank you for your kind review of Park Hyatt Chennai. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are very pleased to learn that our team's exceptional service kept you comfortable and well-looked after. Many thanks in particular for highlighting Parijat, who was able to exceed your expectations on a busy Friday night at ‘The Flying Elephant’.

Thank you again for your feedback and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Chennai soon.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Needs little more time to come to Park Hyatt std. Although the Rooms, Food and Spa is world class. Hotel is still not a 100% complete so check before using the spa as you might be disturbed by the civil work.

• Stayed July 2013
ChristianWurm, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chennai, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Prateek P,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

We were disappointed to hear that you were disturbed by noise when using the Spa. This is not in line with the level of service to which we strive, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

On an encouraging note, we were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of your room, as well as the food served throughout the hotel.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Chennai soon.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have to be honest that I wasn't expecting much when I was quoted a rate through my office that was less than US$150, definitely not a true Park Hyatt which in my experience runs upwards of US$400 in most locations - but I was blown away. This is a hidden gem of a hotel where I had easily one of my best hotel experiences yet. The service from the security to the managers was simply impeccable. I have to especially thank Ms. Pooja and Mr. Varun of the front office team for taking care of my every request and constantly helping with my challenging and demanding needs on transportation etc. The flying elephant is a masterpiece, a sheer stroke of genius and nothing like I have seen anywhere in the world - you could easily mistake yourself for being in New York or London or Sydney when you are there. The food all around including room service was awesome. The pool and gym were really excellent. My only regret is that I didn't get to try the Spa - it looked great. The room itself was spacious, and I just loved the color scheme and marble used - it really felt like a high end home, not a hotel. There's lots of attention to detail and plug points everywhere with universal sockets make it so easy to charge my many devices.
This place is 7 star product and service at 3 star pricing - go before it is discovered and gets more expensive....

Room Tip: I stayed in a view room but the standard rooms are identical and the layout is great. I wouldn't...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear austinmike 1979,

Thank you for your recent review.

Your positive comments about your stay at Park Hyatt Chennai are very much appreciated, and we will most certainly share your feedback with Pooja, Varun and our entire team.

We truly appreciate and value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Chennai.

Christian

Been to Park Hyatt Chennai? Share your experiences!