“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ITC Grand Chola, Chennai

You added ITC Grand Chola, Chennai to your Saves list
ITC Grand Chola, Chennai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No. 63, Mount Road | Guindy, Chennai (Madras) 600032, India   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 nights / 3 days
Ranked #3 of 351 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed here for a businss trip recently. I thought the hotel was fantastic, my only points for improvement:

- it is very large and full of open space inside; to be honest it's a bit bare in many areas and could do with some art work / furniture. Most of my stay I felt like the only person staying there.
- I was bitten by mosquitos at night. On one occasion the 2 repellant devices plugged in my room appeared to be empty (I advise you to check) so they hanged them immediately. Unfortunately this meant I had to be almost completely covered at night as there were always one or two flying around in my room. I've heard that certain blood types are more susceptible and also March/April is then they're most numerous.. you'll get this anywhere in Chennai so nevermind,

Otherwise I cannot fault the place at all.
- Service is fantastic, including all restaurants and bars (cheroot). Room service is exemplary and all people are polite and courteous.
- iPad technology in room is great; you can see your room door camera, change TV channels, play music, control the air-con.
- Spa was great and good value for money (c.f. prices in UK/US).
- Swimming pool area was fantastic, ice cold water brought to you and good clean environment.
- The food was out of this world. Although a little pricy (probably same as UK restaurant prices if not a little more) the food was out of this world. It is decorated well and very tasty.

Particular thanks to Hannah (bar manager) and Zoe (?) Spa who demonstrated excellent service and deserve commending.

I would not hesitate recommending this hotel to anyone and in a busy / smelly / full-on Chennai city centre, it is a pleasure to come back to this oasis after work.

Room Tip: Stayed in Tower room which was very well decorated. A/C was v powerful but at 20C (controlled on iPa...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank p0lak
Ranvir_Bhandari, General Manager at ITC Grand Chola, Chennai, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and your kind comments on the service, the in-room iPad. Kaya Kalp – The Royal Spa, The Marina pool complex and the cuisine served at our restaurants. Hannah and Zoui are delighted by your words of appreciation.

We sincerely regret the discomfort caused to you due to mosquitos and would like to assure you that necessary corrective measures have been initiated.

We hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you and look forward to welcoming you back to ITC Grand Chola soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Having just finished a book by the same name I can now say, Yes! It does exist.. the Grand Chola is so intimidating from the outside but just as much welcoming on the inside..
From the minute we stepped through the automatic doors it was just royal treatment at each step..
Having come from Blore for such a family visit i was keen on coming here 'coz my in laws spoke huge of it.. I will just have to admit, I agree with them... ITC at its best.. A pleasantly smiling face opened the doors to the grand staircase for us and we were given a small educative tour of the lobby level & restaurant level... Why educating you ask, well the place is humongous.. and if you step out on your own to explore you will surely find hidden treasures!!
All in all this place is definitely the place I want to be staying in when i come back with my family for a long vacation to be pampered the ITC way..
Kudos you guys for making something this big and keeping it just perfect..!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank akinag1510
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and your kind comments on the hotel. We are delighted that our team was able to assist you with a tour of the hotel.

We look forward to having you and your family stay with us soon and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

It took almost a day for me to explore the complete Hotel. Thanks for the lounges that are available at every corner helped me to relax a while during my exploration. I had tried the Buffet which is charged at 1600 +tax per person and it took literally 4 hours for me to complete it with hundreds of options to taste from. right from the welcome gate till the exit i see staff being courteous. It is a must visit hotel to get pampered Royally and of course if you do not mind the burden on your wallet.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank callmeraghavendra
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and we are delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for you kind words of appreciation on the buffet at Madras Pavilion and the service experienced by you at the hotel.

We look forward to your next visit and to the opportunity to serve you again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

The place is wide spread with grandeur. I visited the place for a sales conference. Even though the place grand the experience was lacking. The staff did not make an effort to either invite us to try any activities like spa etc. Nor were they engaging in getting us to explore the place.
The choice of venue was based on the fact that there was lot to do as city has little to offer. But it was let down.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rupeewiz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Last week I went to Chenni for a business trip. First time I have stayed in this hotel. It was amazing experience while entrance of the hotel. Once you enter in the room you will find one IPAD, with that you can control all the room lighting,TV & door opening.

Breakfast served by the hotel has the amazing taste. I will recommend once you shouold stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank mohit_iip
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad to learn that you had a memorable stay with us. The in-room iPad is indeed a unique proposition of the hotel and we are delighted you could make use of it.

Thank you for you kind comments on the breakfast cuisine.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ITC Grand Chola and to the opportunity to serve you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Opened as the world's largest LEED-certified green hotel, it located in Guindy, opposite SPIC building and along the same row of buildings as Ashok Leyland Towers. The building is of mixed-use development with three separate wings and is themed after traditional Dravidian Architecture of the Chola Dynasty
It's a must visit on your next to Chennai

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Rajesh M
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was supposed to be in Chennai for a day-trip, but it got extended for different reasons, and I am glad it did. When you walk into ITC Grand Chola, a vision of grandeur & awe greets your eyes. It is beautiful, and the pictures on TripAdvisor are an understatement to the beauty that greets you in person.

I wanted to find out about the rooms, before actually booking one, so the staff was friendly enough to let me see them (the ones that were free) before actually booking one. I approached the reception, and this young gentleman (Pranav I think, not sure about the name), assisted me with the various amenities of the hotel & was extremely friendly.

I had a great stay at the hotel and would recommend this place to anyone visiting Chennai. One must go here to feel the royalty of the place & the ITC service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank bha123rah
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and your kind words of appreciation. We are delighted to learn that you had a memorable stay at ITC Grand Chola and Pranav was able to assist you in choosing a room prior to check-in.

It was indeed a pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to many more opportunities to serve you again.