Stayed here for a businss trip recently. I thought the hotel was fantastic, my only points for improvement:
- it is very large and full of open space inside; to be honest it's a bit bare in many areas and could do with some art work / furniture. Most of my stay I felt like the only person staying there.
- I was bitten by mosquitos at night. On one occasion the 2 repellant devices plugged in my room appeared to be empty (I advise you to check) so they hanged them immediately. Unfortunately this meant I had to be almost completely covered at night as there were always one or two flying around in my room. I've heard that certain blood types are more susceptible and also March/April is then they're most numerous.. you'll get this anywhere in Chennai so nevermind,
Otherwise I cannot fault the place at all.
- Service is fantastic, including all restaurants and bars (cheroot). Room service is exemplary and all people are polite and courteous.
- iPad technology in room is great; you can see your room door camera, change TV channels, play music, control the air-con.
- Spa was great and good value for money (c.f. prices in UK/US).
- Swimming pool area was fantastic, ice cold water brought to you and good clean environment.
- The food was out of this world. Although a little pricy (probably same as UK restaurant prices if not a little more) the food was out of this world. It is decorated well and very tasty.
Particular thanks to Hannah (bar manager) and Zoe (?) Spa who demonstrated excellent service and deserve commending.
I would not hesitate recommending this hotel to anyone and in a busy / smelly / full-on Chennai city centre, it is a pleasure to come back to this oasis after work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in an opulent, palatial design which pays homage to Southern India’s grand empires, the ITC Grand Chola, Chennai overlooks verdant parks and gardens. Experience understated Indian hospitality in an exquisite property with a distinct personality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your ITC Grand Chola, Chennai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.