“Luxurious stay with Grandness” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ITC Grand Chola, Chennai

and 1 more site!
You added ITC Grand Chola, Chennai to your Saves list
ITC Grand Chola, Chennai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No. 63, Mount Road | Guindy, Chennai (Madras) 600032, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
3rd night free
Ranked #4 of 341 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Delhi, India
“Luxurious stay with Grandness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed here for 4 days during a conference and its less to say that the hotels aptly describes what luxury and grandness means. Starting from the ambiance, beautifully decorated corridors, automated rooms, the view, amazing food and very polite & hospitable staff, the hotel scores in every category.
In short a palace in my words and very huge and spacious where you can spend a day exploring the hotel interiors only.
Would surely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ranvir_Bhandari, General Manager at ITC Grand Chola, Chennai, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted to know that we succeeded in making your feel like a princess at our hotel. Thank you for your kind words about our rooms, iPad and our food & beverage offerings. We are further pleased to note that your spa experience was up to your expectations.

We eagerly look forward to welcoming you back.

Vice President South and General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Indonesian first
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I just spent one week living at the ITC Grand Chola, and I must say I was treated like a princess living in a beautiful marble palace. Everything about this hotel is beautiful. My room was amazing - clean and spacious. An iPad was provided to control everything in my room from the lights to the television to the room temperature. I was even able to place an order for room service by scrolling them menu and adding items to my "cart". I had the ability to use the iPad to see by a camera who might be outside my door and then touch another button to unlock the door and let them in! I visited several of the restaurants and was treated to amazing meals. Breakfast was a fun experience, and I shall always appreciate the visits from the Indian coffee man. I made two trips to the spa and highly recommend the Indian foot massage! Who would have guessed I was there for work! Staying at the ITC Grand Chola was a luxury vacation!

Dear Reviewer,

We eagerly look forward to welcoming you back.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed only 2 nights (unfortunately) in this grand hotel (600 rooms). Everything was perfect. The room are very confortable and well decorated. The iPad controlling everything is well designed and very functional. The breakfast buffet is unbeatable . Don't be misled by the word buffet, the service was impeccable. I used the gym and the cigar bar...both well serviced. Definitely the hotel of choice in Chennai.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

We are delighted to hear about your kind words of praise about ITC Grand Chola. Thank you very much for complementing our rooms, iPad, and our food & beverage offerings. It is a pleasure to note that you were impressed with our service especially at Madras Pavilion.

We eagerly look forward to your return.

Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We arrived here early January totally jet lagged after midnight. When we got to the hotel, we were blown away by its grandeur and sheer size. A palace!
We got checked in quite speedily and got to stay in one of the Towers Rooms. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw how spacious and luxurious it all was. The bathroom/walk-in closet/bathtub/shower room/toilet + bidet room combination was amazing.
The staff was very friendly and responsive throughout our 4-night stay.
We enjoyed the buffet food (so many delicious choices) as well as the offerings at their Peshwari restaurant.
The gyms are very clean and well equipped. Same for the pools.
I also got to enjoy one of their spa treatments which was excellent. The facilities are very clean and beautifully decorated.

There's so many places, lounges, nooks at this hotel. Very enjoyable and easy to find an area to sit down and enjoy.

I don't think there's any other place like this - at least not in Chennai.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are thrilled to know that you were impressed with the hotel’s grandeur and size. We are further pleased to take note of your positive comments about the Towers room, bathroom and to learn that you found our spa services to be up to your liking.
We eagerly look forward to your return.

Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Few days back I had the visited the hotel to attend a conference. While I had to circle the whole hotel to reach the front entrance, I was amazed to see the size of this magnificent structure. The first impression that made me feel delighted was the person who greeted me as soon as I alighted from my car. His name was R Victor. This guy who looked typical South Indian was so polite and courteous in holding on to my luggage and other stuff which I have not seen in many of my International visits. Such guys are the asset of any organisation.

Next was the ambience of the hotel inside and the pampering of people in every level was top class. In most of the International hotels, the structure, ambience and technology will be every hotel's USP. Most of the hotels there have little staff and they are not that polite and respectful. HR in ITC seems to be doing overtime to ensure each and every staff is sensitised to make the guests stay memorable and Customer Delight is the most important element. Rooms are ultra modern with state of the art features.

Overall the top class experience of International standards and I'm happy to experience such facilities sitting in Chennai.

Good Job ITC..........

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and your kind words of encouragement about the service standards of the hotel. Victor is thrilled to see your comments and to know that he could make an impression. We are glad we could make your experience a memorable one and that our service standards matched your expectations. We sincerely hope you will visit us on your next trip to Chennai and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The Hotel Is Very Beautiful & Vast Spread Across 8 Acres has 1,000 Rooms The Room Are as Good As Suits in Mumbai The Room is About 600 Sq Ft and its Fully Automated and the Service in The Rooms Given in the Hotel Makes You feel as a king.
They Have Dedicated Gym & Swimming Pool In Every Section and Fabulous Restaurants & Indias Biggest Banquet Also

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are delighted to learn that we could make you feel like royalty during your stay with us and you found the amenities and offerings of the hotel up to your expectations. We would, however, like to inform you that while the property is on an area of approximately 8 acres, we have 600 rooms, suites and luxury residences in all.

We look forward to your next visit and the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

It’s an Architectural splendor! Everything grand in Grand Chola – the building, ambiance, the ever smiling staff, service and the food! One can easily get lost in this property. It took me two days to get used to it.
The breakfast at Madras Pavilion is a ceremony itself… roving chai walla and Tanjore Coffee man will open your sleepy eyes with surprise. The furnishing, variety of dishes and cheerful staff on their toes excites ones senses. Peshawri with its North West Frontier cuisine is sumptuous and very delicious. The décor takes you to a different world.
Unfortunately, the hotel is not fully operational though it’s opened a year ago. Happy hour at the Lounge bar is chaotic as everyone had to share this bar. Very good quality red wine and Black Label is served but the nibbles were substandard.

The chairs were very awkwardly designed for the lounge. When I asked one of the staff why the chairs are so uncomfortable, his reply was our Chairman taken the trouble designing every chair to the standard of Mercedes Benz, made me wonder whether I am driving or lounging.

I must admit that my Tower room was very spacious with luxuriously designed bathroom. I was shocked to see very poorly executed marble work that escaped the eyes of every executives in this world class property. One of the heavy stone tile fell on my foot when I tried to open the tap on the bathtub. If it was a lady or a child it could have been fatal. Of course house keeping quickly managed to fix the tile back temporarily in it’s place but I avoided going anywhere near the bath. Bath pillow, crispy linen, fluffy towels quality amenities spells class.

House keeping and turn down service are a wee bit tardy as many staff are still in training. I am sure this magnificent hotel will correct its minor challenges and shine in its full glory soon. I must had that I had wonderful and peaceful few days in the hotel and thanks to everyone!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback We are thrilled to learn about your experience at ITC Grand Chola. It is a pleasure to take note of your positive comments about the hotel’s architecture and our services. Our team is further thrilled to read your encouraging remarks. Madras Pavilion being our distinctive three meal buffet restaurant has always endeavoured to offer a unparalleled dining experience, we are glad that you liked it. We however, sincerely regret the inconvenience caused in the bathroom, the same has been completely rectified. Your remarks about the turn down service has been shared with the staff.

We hope you will return soon to enjoy our signature hospitality.

Vice President South & General Manager

Been to ITC Grand Chola, Chennai? Share your experiences!