“An ancient temple in the heart of the city” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chennai (Madras), India
7 attraction reviews
“An ancient temple in the heart of the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2015

This temple dedicated to Goddess Kalikambal and Lord Kamateswarar is said to have been built in AD 1678. It is understood that the fierce form of Goddess that existed earlier was made into a calm posture. People throng to this place in hundreds everyday in the belief that prayers here would relieve them of their difficult times.

Visited March 2015

Chennai (Madras), India
24 attraction reviews
“Old but golden temple not to be missed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

One of the oldest and traditional temples in Chennai. The patriotic poet Barathy visited this temple and many famous people of the yesteryear had visited here for worship and for blessings of the deity.

Visited April 2014
“Mahakali the most powerful and the most loving God”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

Please visit our temple..for me my lifeis kalikambal...I was born a few buildings away from the temple and I have been to the temple right from day one since born and have been regular since last 32 years of my life...Mahakali has done miracles in my life..from my birth to my sons birth..she has always given what we need in life and not what we greed in life...she has taken my father but that cannot be without a reason...we trust in mahakali and we live for her..in world and outside of it too...Omsakthi...Mahakali

Visited February 2015
Union Territory of Pondicherry, India
14 attraction reviews
“Nice Temple”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

So happy to visit this temples at chennai. i like to travel at chennai with bike ride. but hate the smoke and traffic.

Visited December 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 attraction reviews
“old tamples”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

The Kalikambal Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Goddess Kalikambal (
Kamakshi) and Lord Kamateswarar, located in George Town, Chennai, India.
one of the very old tamples , get nice feeling , gone with my friend had great experiance

Visited January 2015