“Effficient stay ..with "Vanakkam" overdose” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai

You added The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai to your Saves list
The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   636, Anna Salai | Teynampet, Chennai (Madras) 600035, India   |
Offers & Announcements
Early Bird Offer-Save15%
Ranked #14 of 338 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Neemrana
“Effficient stay ..with "Vanakkam" overdose”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Location : Bang on Anna Salai ...the iconic main arterial high-street of Madras !!!! Flip-side ....Chennai Metro construction has reduced the last-mile canter to a crawl .Impressive facade and lively staff welcome you with plethora of "Vanakkams"!!! The ground floor is always abuzz ...very cosmopolitan and oozing with activity.Rooms are efficiently designed with all basic comforts in place,although the cable channel signal input can be questionable at times.The breakfast spread is truly flattering affair and should not be missed for the pleasure of viewing some early morning indulgences of business travelers across continents .
Overall a very efficient business hotel with limited trappings of a Star Hotel !!!! One must try the Punjabi Open Restaurant adjacent to the roof-top swimming pool .... or the sea-food at the exquisitely South Indian across the lobby !!!! Great choice..if you are in Chennai on business and don't feel claustrophobic for the lack of open lawns .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Sir,

Perkin Rocha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Two years ago I had reviewed Raintree and shared how delighted I was overall.
During the past year I have had multiple stays at Raintree and some of them lasting weeks on account of work. I recently visited again after 3 months and stayed there only for one night.
What amazed me was:
1. The bouncer (yes they have 2-3 of them) at the main door gave a big smile and said Welcome Back. I nodded back wondering how he recognized me after a gap.
2. At the front desk as I checked in, I asked the young man which room can I get. He smiled back and replied - Your usual one Sir. Now it was my turn to smile as they gave me my favourite corner room.
3. Once in the room, I asked the bell-boy if he could fetch me the firm pillow I normally have when staying there. He returned after 15 minutes with a pillow which was okay but not the ortho one I usually got. I mentioned this to him and said it was okay when he looked a bit sceptical if the one I asked existed at all. After 15 minutes he was back beaming from ear to ear, proudly holding "my" ortho pillow cased in a fresh cover. He apologised for not getting it right the first time. I could just say a big thank you to him - his name was Abhimanyu.

Raintree continues to excel in its service and delights its guests. Keep it up guys.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Sir,

Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The place looks great. I loved the food. Though I have not stayed in the rooms I have been there. The rooms are a little small but nice.The reception staff could be a little more nicer but the staff at the restaurants where good. The restaurants have great ambiance. The food is pretty good. Service was good too. The place is on Chennai's busiest road the mount road but you will not feel it once you are inside.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Clean and modern rooms and terrific buffet food downstairs. The price I got was really reasonable with breakfast included. Some of the staff members downstairs in the lobby were a bit stuck up and gave me some incorrect information on things in Chennai (hence a lost star). Also, it sounded like only first 2 floors were non-smoking, the upper 6 or so levels had smoking rooms. How backwards is that! Would otherwise highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai, responded to this review, March 13, 2013

Vanakkam!!!

On city information I shall look personally myself and ensure that the staff is well updated with city information and ensure it does not happen to any guest going forward.

Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Nice Location, was pleasantly surpirsed with the hotel. Staff is nice, food was good ate at the North Indian resteraunt on the terrace.The Sky Bar is also nice, though they need to provide the complete list of Beers mentioned on the Menu. Took the Club rooms which was good.Shall repeat the hotel in the future

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai, responded to this review, March 12, 2013

Vanakkam!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectation, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed for a night at this relatively new property of Raintree. This property is much better than their earlier boutique property in Chennai.
Room: spacious, well appointed, neat, clean, very good toiletries, fantastic sound sleep is assured

Room Tip: Buffet spread both for the dinner and breakfast, is excellent
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai, responded to this review, February 28, 2013

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

As soon as I landed the staff were very helpful & friendly in giving me an early check in.. The rooms were very classy & cozy.. Very well maintained.. The food at the restuarant was superb.. I have stayed in many hotels, Raintree Anna Salai is amongst the best.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai, responded to this review, February 25, 2013

Vanakkam!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and dinning experience and we met your expectation, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai.

Perkin Rocha

Been to The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai? Share your experiences!