I stayed in a suite with my family (wife and 3 young kids) for a few days when relocating to India from UK. Overall view is of a nice business hotel located 1/2-way down the OMR IT-corridor. Unfortunately the decor/service/brand reflects the growing middle-class India aspiration that social-mobility equals 'trendy' pretentious snobbery. Rather unnecessary and will likely grate against a more mature/balanced sensibilities of a foreign traveller.
- Excellent standard rooms and general facilities. Everything I would expect from a good 4* hotel.
- Excellent staff - they were very welcoming and warm.
- Enjoyed the swimming pool and spa
- Despite expressly stating our numbers and requesting an additional bed, We still had to arrange this when we arrived (at 4am in the morning).
- Most hotels would offer a negotiated rate if arriving at 4am when normal check in is 12pm. These guys insisting on charging a full day date.
- Dining. Food is expressly targeted at the Indian/Asian market. I was personally happy with it but struggled to find something for my kids.
- The 'living' area in the suites doesn't make much sense. There's seating area; an odd bed/recliner chair that it more of an art-piece then a functioning char; a bar area with stools (?!?), and a 2nd washroom (why?). Not sure what they're trying to achieve with that layout - it definitely doesn't fit into a standard hotel suite setup.
- Location. Largely depends on where you need to get to. Not convenient unless you're working in the Shollanagallur area of the IT Corridor.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Chennai, Omr - It Expressway Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Aloft Chennai, Omr - It Expressway Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For the traveler open to possibilities, Aloft Chennai OMR IT Expressway is a modern, fresh and fun destination. It is a hotel that celebrates the individual and gives you freedom to control and customize your travel adventure to fit your personal style. With a loft like design, it is a place where walls have been knocked down to create a space that is open in design and open to possibilities. A place where energy flows, personalities mingle, and opportunities abound. A place where anything can happen. Conveniently located in close proximity to the city's many IT/ITES companies, tech trade, airport and city sites, this bold new lodging will inspire you to discover more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Aloft Chennai, OMR - IT Expressway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.