The style, service, facilities in Chennai are very much the same as other Aloft hotels in India. I am not a big fan of the open, trendy style but that does not impact on my review.
The rooms are of reasonable size, with a good layout in the main room. The pool view on the second floor is very pleasant. The wet area is a little dark as there is only one low output light. The toilet area ends up wet from the shower. The wardrobes are open and there are no draws, storage is a bit of an issue. Closed wardrobes would help to keep things neat and private, but that is an Aloft thing. Sleep was an issue due to noisy air conditioner and stray light through the blinds.
The strength of the hotel is its condition and cleanliness, which is above normal India standard. There is no mustiness or damage from the humidity. Another strength is the laundry which was very reasonably priced, done well and timely.
Service is not warm but effective. A big plus is there is no tip culture. Attendants do not hang around for tips at all; they just do their job and move on. There was a lack of support for a colleague who got stuck at the airport due to incorrect booking of a car. The response was “too bad, you did not book with us”. Leaving an international, female traveller / guest stranded in an Indian airport at 3:00 am is not acceptable to me. Some solution should be offered, even at a cost.
Breakfast was very good, a nice muesli and fruits. The hot food, including Dossa and omelettes looked good.
The intranet is very bad. It is set to timeout quickly, so every time you stop transmitting and work on a document / site, a new connection is required. Big problem for watching videos downloads etc. This was really very frustrating.
The pool and 24 hour gym are modest but very good standard. The gym includes multiple treadmills, a bike, cross trainer all in very good condition, a full range of dumbbells (to 30 kilo!) and some multi-purpose resistance machines.
Location is ordinary, difficult to walk outside due to road condition.
Overall, the no hassle service, excellent cleanliness and good standard of basic facilities result in this being a good alternative in Chennai if it is located conveniently for you stay.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Chennai, Omr - It Expressway Hotel Chennai (Madras)
- Aloft Chennai, Omr - It Expressway Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For the traveler open to possibilities, Aloft Chennai OMR IT Expressway is a modern, fresh and fun destination. It is a hotel that celebrates the individual and gives you freedom to control and customize your travel adventure to fit your personal style. With a loft like design, it is a place where walls have been knocked down to create a space that is open in design and open to possibilities. A place where energy flows, personalities mingle, and opportunities abound. A place where anything can happen. Conveniently located in close proximity to the city's many IT/ITES companies, tech trade, airport and city sites, this bold new lodging will inspire you to discover more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Aloft Chennai, OMR - IT Expressway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.